Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited April 2015

Afgahns in full coat, in motion, are beautiful. A gf used to raise them. As a sight hound, best kept on leash outside, or they're gone,

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,891
    edited April 2015

imageimage
    imageImage result for free funny elephants

Have a nice week :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2015

http://twistedsifter.com/2012/03/15-greatest-animal-photobombs-of-all-time/

[img unselectable="on">image

Oh well what worked yesterday doesn't work today. Always an adventure.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimage

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited April 2015

Wow, those dogs have nicer hair than my hair.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited April 2015

When my MO said I would loose my hair, I laughed and said I'd get Spookie cut down and make a wig from that so we'd match. She has plenty.

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited April 2015

Wren, sorry to read about losing your little one, heartbreaking.

KCM, fingers crossed that your baby comes home, it's so hard when you move.

Thanks ladies for this thread, I read it every day. Cheers, GG

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited April 2015

Kiwi, Most cats don't go far. See if a feral group can lend you a trap and bait it with fried chicken or other treat she likes. I heard that dusk is a good time to go looking. Just walk around quietly talking and listening for her. My friend who traps cats says they're usually quite close but scared and hiding.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2015

Kiwi, could she be hiding b/c of the momma cat and kittens?

• Loveroflife
    edited April 2015

Good one Ms. Spookie.

Kiwi, I hope you find her soon. Those little critters somehow found a place in our hearts.

• Loveroflife
    edited April 2015

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2015

Loverly...... Holy Conolli's.... Is that YOU? I'm not gonna say nothin' until you confirm my suspicions....

And is that one of those little animals that crawls up on trees, and hangs up-side down?

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,702
    edited April 2015

lol

• wren44
    edited April 2015

Is it a 3 toed sloth?

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited April 2015

That is a sloth indeed. They're adorable!

No sign of GC yet. We live in a rural area (about 10 acres around our house). We've been to the neighbours, dropped fliers in mail boxes, etc. She wasn't bothered by momcat and kittens, so this is kind of random. I'm thinking she went walkabout and got stuck in a shed or garage, so we're asking people to check. We've done the walk around and listen thing, but no joy. And we'd have to carry fancy feast around. Or maybe fish. :) A very kind lady came over and helped DH look for her because I'm in Auckland and he doesn't drive.

So, on a happier note...the baby kitties are growing! Not a great photo; I'm keeping it fairly dark for them.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited April 2015

kiwi, that's funny, they came in pairs! Cute. If I had the money and space, Id have tooooo many cats!

• Loveroflife
    edited April 2015

No Ms Chevy, this is me.image

• wren44
    edited April 2015

Kiwi, They are adorable. I'm partial to orange boys because they're so sweet. I told the shelter officers I would foster an orange tabby male who was FIV+ and wanted to go outside on a leash because my black cat is also FIV+ and goes out on a leash. They were excited for my offer. I don't think they knew that he was sitting in his cage with an open door charming the sox off everyone who came in the door. He was adopted the next day by a mother and son. I wasn't surprised at all. I hope your cat returns soon. It's always such a worry.

Our cat is a former foster. We fostered him about 2.5 years ago for quite a while. Then he was adopted and returned 18months later when the adopter's housing fell through. We fostered him again and decided he thought he was home at our house so we made it official. That's considered a foster failure, but it's only our 2nd one in years of fostering.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2015

yahoeee, LOL Loverly you got Chevy right of her guard, She's laying eggs now just like she youster...........

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2015

Wren a foster failure.....interesting...........does that concept apply to humans? I've felt I've been fostering Dini and DBF. Had to teach each about each other. My family came from farm families on both sides. Parents were raised on the farm.  Both gravitated to the city. We got to visit as young ones on the sisters and brother's farms of my mom's family. DBF was farm raised, but had no clue about animals and raising in kindness. I was shocked. But DBF was trainable. He did rescue Dini from an awful situation, but he had no skills in training. Dear Dini the lab is so typical of an abused dog that has found heaven. DBF too.

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited April 2015

Our cat has gone missing one time before a 4 day weekend, he was gone 4 days. We think he got trapped in someones garage and got out when they came home. Boy was he hungry... I had flyers all over. Now I don't get hysterical until it's been 4 days. Luckily he's 14 and has always come home. So far anyway. I'll be praying your wayward one finds home soon!

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited April 2015

Thanks Rose, and everyone, for all the kind thoughts. She's been spotted a few times over the past couple of weeks. A friend of mine is a psychic who works with the police on missing people. I didn't ask for her help, but she said she thinks GC is locked in a shed or garage or similar. We're hopeful she'll return. It appears she has a huge range, which is really odd, because at our previous place (also in the country), she just hung out at the house. Here, she has to cross to streams and a somewhat busy road to get to where she's been spotted. Definitely need to get collars on the cats; we have them, but my husband hates them. Oh well...he'll just have to learn to love them.

• Loveroflife
    edited April 2015

Oops, I meant to write" Kiwi, I hope you find your kitty soon.", but instead I addressed it to Wren. Went back and edited it. My apology. All you cat lovers with confusing names

The kittens are so adorable, but I still would not know what to do with them

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,702
    edited April 2015

I'd be lost without my "kids"

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2015

Loverly? That's YOU? Hah! Okay, this is me...

I THINK this is me.......

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited April 2015

kiwi, I hope your kitty comes home soon. When I was growing up, we had cats that would disappear for days at a time. Those kittens ae adorable.

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015