Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

Comments

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited July 2015

• juliecc
    edited July 2015

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited July 2015

Would not want to be around when that match occurred :0

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited July 2015

Man, either way that mating would have been a sight to behold!

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited July 2015

Shocked

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2015

One time, when I was only about 21, and married, these 2 dogs were in the neighbor's yard.... The female was just crying, and SCREAMing! And this other dog had jumped their fence, and was on top of her! I yelled at him to LEAVE HER ALONE! And no-one came out!

I went in and called the Police.... I was just so afraid for her....!! I told the gal that these 2 dogs were together, and wouild NOT get loose! I thought for sure she was a goner....

This WOMAN had the nerve to tell ME, to "leave them alone, that they were just probably MATING!"... I had never seen such a thing! I don't remember what else was said.... but I just remember feeling pretty embarrassed..... But how was I supposed to KNOW?

Well I googled "dogs mating" and I can't post anything HERE, that's for sure...

Except this........

• juliecc
    edited July 2015

Chevy, you must have been pretty innocent at 21 even though you were married!

• juliecc
    edited July 2015

• juliecc
    edited July 2015

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited July 2015

Julie, love the conversations among the animals...cute

• Loveroflife
    edited July 2015

photobomb

• Loveroflife
    edited July 2015

• Loveroflife
    edited July 2015

• Loveroflife
    edited July 2015

My Sis' Golden Weinwer

He was the sweetest dog. Didn't have a mean bone in him

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited July 2015

Chevyboy - yes I think that's a platypus. So cute!

Julie - I love the "bad assy". I tell my timid pre-teen that it's ok to be a bad ass in sports. She was so shocked that it helped her loosen up a little. Now it's a code phrase between us when she needs a little confidence boost.

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited July 2015

• Loveroflife
    edited July 2015

Awww...Pete and Repete..

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited July 2015

Enerva - Cute! (But they remind me way too much of how my TEs felt for a while...) Winking

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited July 2015

Kiwi so sorry you had a bad experience elsewhere on the site, this is a site where normally you can feel secure and accepted. LOVE YOUR HUMOUR!

Update on the anti-birding collar, which had been going great, collar #1 now missing in action. Don't know whether he got it off himself or if it attracted some children who might have been curious enough to take it off! I bought 2 collars at the time so we still have #2.

Skip the next story if you have rodent phobia:

Arthur came in with live pigmy shrew yesterday. (Anti-birding collar doesn't help rodents who don't see that colour spectrum). Well that shrew was an unbelievable survivor as DS and I were chasing Arthur and the shrew was in and out of Arthurs jaws a few times before we managed to separate them and put Arthur outside. At that stage we had a shrew loose in the house and those things are TINY and nimble. Irish pigmy shrew is about 2" and travels at the speed of light or nearabouts. Interesting fact it will also starve to death in FOUR HOURS! They must constantly eat insects and spiders to survive. At one stage we saw it go in under the hoover. We ended up taking the entire hoover apart in case it had crawled up inside. No joy. Finally we opened the front and back doors and hoped that the shrew might find its own way out. I put the hoover back together and started hoovering then discovered shrew not yet starved to death in laundry room. This time I just made a big grab for it and got it. We released it in the field at the end of the road and it made off with an extremely hungry and determined manner

Smile

This pic isn't our shrew but will give you the idea how small they are

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited July 2015

loved the animal conversations!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2015

Feline, Good luck stumbling across the missing collar. Our cats take collars off, so they don't wear one. I keep their tags on my desk by the door, so if questioned I can produce them. Squeakers came from the animal shelter so he has a chip. I wish every cat here had one. If animal control picks up a cat with a chip, the hold is 10 days and a certified letter is sent to the owner if they can't be reached by phone. One man said his cat had been missing 7 years.

A feel-good animal shelter story. Two cats came in together. One was super friendly and the other quite shy. The friendly one got adopted and the next day the adopter was back for the shy brother. We were all so happy they got to stay together.

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2015

awwwwwwwwwwwwww. That is so good to hear about those two fortunate kitties.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited July 2015

Lovely story Wren, great to hear good news!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited July 2015

Lovely story Wren. Imagining how the boisterous kitten made the owner aware to go back ? :)

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2015

was a puppy mill bust about two years ago. Dog park friend went to look at what was at Suncoast Animal League adoption. Decided on a young male, was in a crate with a female. The girl (probably his mom) looked so lost with out him, friend took her too. The two Maltese. She's not even 4 pounds!!!!!

• Loveroflife
    edited July 2015

Awww.....sweet stories, Wren and Ms. Spookie

• Loveroflife
    edited July 2015

• Loveroflife
    edited July 2015

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2015

That is one BIG dog! Head is bigger than Spookie!!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2015

awwwwwwwwwwwwww