Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo June 2014

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• CanuckMom
    CanuckMom Member Posts: 143
    edited February 2015
    Options

Happy Belated Valentines ladies! It's all starting to feel like a bad memory...trying not to let the fears take over. I have a lot of rib aches, but never in the same spot...kind of travelling aches and pains. I have a follow up with radiation oncologist on March 3 and MO on March 15.... No longer have to wear hats...yay! Praying for good health for all of us.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited February 2015
    Options

Happy belated Valentine's Day to you, too!!

Love the photo! What a beautiful couple!!

Wishing you, and all here, GOOD HEALTH from now on!!!

Hugs from NYC!

• Radical2Squared
    Radical2Squared Member Posts: 350
    edited April 2015
    Options

Checking in...

No period for me yet either. My onc told me to expect it before June....time is kinda running out isn't it?

Honestly, I'm wondering if any of you are experiencing the joint pain I have. In the mornings I'm so still I have to SLOWLY unveil my fingers and my ankles won't bend enough to walk down stairs. My joints are swollen all day. I feel like I have severe arthritis or something that only started after I stopped chemo!

• CanuckMom
    edited April 2015
    Options

Checking in and saw your posts. Radical, I have the same aches in the morning and at the end if the day...feels like I've aged a lot. Hoping it will get better....xoxo

• Radical2Squared
    edited April 2015
    Options

Canuck,

My onc sent me to my primary care doctor. They ran blood tests. I'm vitamin D deficient and have very low thyroid levels. They are sending me to a rheumatologist. The Vitamin D and thyroid issues explain tired...but not joint pain.

• hikingandhorses
    hikingandhorses Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    Options

Radical - got the same joint pain. Was told it was due to radiation (finished end of Dec) and that it would go away but I've started Examestane (instead of Tamoxifen) and one of the side effects is.....you guessed it.....joint pain! It takes me a while to get up in the morning - same thing. Joints are locked up - I stumble around until I get the joints moving again - have to open/close my hands to get them working again. I'm a contractor by trade so joint pain isn't a welcome side effect. Tylenol helps when it flares (like in my shoulders). Been told Lyrica would be the drug to take because the pain is similar to RA. I'm actually tired of taking drugs and will only take the Tylenol when it gets to be too much. Don't want to go on another prescript. My vitamin D is well within range - btw. Wishing you relief!!

• anothernycgirl
    edited June 2015
    Options

How is everyone?!

Hope you are feeling good and have moved on, but can post to say hi! Winking

• CanuckMom
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hey all, I've been thinking of everyone since we were all starting chemo one year ago this month. I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing well...just have a few aches and pains. I did a mammogram last week...waiting for results but since there was no follow-up with an ultrasound, biopsy, etc. I'm hoping it means I'm good! Love to you all!

• Bow1965
    Bow1965 Member Posts: 107
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi guys -glad to see people checking in here! Yes, it's been a year wow I can't believe it - had my scans as well, all came back fine. It's stressful!

Not much new and exciting, I did post a picture in Hair, Hair, Hair a week ago or so, I try to remember to do that because that's where I was 6 months ago looking for hope. Also started Livestrong at the YMCA - if you have one in your town look into it. Because I work full time it was hard to fit me in classes so I was assigned a trainer for 12 weeks plus a free membership during that time. Wow, it's been awesome. Chemo really does a number on our muscles, I had no idea.how much mass I lost.

I am taking Tamoxifen and those symptoms (hot flashes, super vivid dreams, sometimes lucid dreams) are enough of a pain to pop in here searching for solutions. Plus the inablity to lose weight, which sucks - I haven't gained much (maybe 5 pounds) but it's all in my love handles. Literally have been working out 1 hr a day for 3 weeks and cut calories to 1200 and did not lose one pound or one iota of an inch. Ugh.

Another NYCGirl, I have moved on a bit, obviously not desperate for information as I was before and during treatment, but I still check here every now and then.

CanuckMom I hope life is treating you well! Last post I remember from you was a picture of your beautiful self getting your last chemo - seems like a long time ago now! Glad you are doing well!

Happy summer to all of you!

• Radical2Squared
    edited December 2015
    Options

Checking in! I got married at the end of the summer and I'm loving it!

I still have joint pain and the tips of my fingers and toes are still numb, but I'm doing very well!

• anothernycgirl
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi Radical2! So good to read your update! Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage !

• hikingandhorses
    hikingandhorses Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2016
    Options

Radical - great news! Congratulations!

The only neuropathy I have left is in my right toes. My hands and left foot came back. I have joint pain still because of the hormone meds. Theyve been changed once and that helped a lot. My brain is still a bit out of whack too! I have to write things down all the time now or I forget them. Still get tired but not like I used to. All in all, I can live with this new normal. I hope everyone else is doing well too!

• CanuckMom
    edited May 2016
    Options

Congrats Radical!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'm back to exercising, running, swimming....doing Tough Mudder this month! My daughter who was 2 when I was dx is starting kindergarten this fall!

Love you all, xox

• CanuckMom
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hey ladies. Just thinking of you all and wondering if you're all out living your best lives? I really hope so. I have a friend recently diagnosed and made me think of everyone here

• Bow1965
    Bow1965 Member Posts: 107
    edited October 2021
    Options

Thanks CanuckMom I hope you are living well! I am here for the same, a friend just starting the process. Life is good! I feel very blessed to have had this crew with me in 2014 - it seems so long ago :)

• nola70115
    nola70115 Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi! I think I missed Canuckmom's post in July, but it's good to "see" you all. I had a recurrence in February so I'm on the board again lately. Feeling well though.