Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

If 93% survival rate at 5 yrs - why do the 7% perish?

Options
124»

Comments

• tkeller4910
    tkeller4910 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hello all,

It has been a very long time since I have been on. My question is about my CEA tumor marker number. I am five years out and it has always been right around 5. Then six months ago it jumped to 6.8 then back last week went to 7.5. I realize that these are not big jumps but I am concerned. I want to be as proactive as I can be and am looking for any advice I can get. My two children are both getting married this year and I am not letting anything ruin it. Thanks

Tk

• Hope99
    Hope99 Member Posts: 120
    Options

hello ladies,

please check out this link that related to multifocal and multicentric .

https://academic.oup.com/annonc/article/23/12/3063...

any ladies here had multecentric disease?

• FaithsMama
    FaithsMama Member Posts: 74
    Options

That is great advice

• HaveFaithInHim
    HaveFaithInHim Member Posts: 3
    Options

tkeller4910. I just had a CEA done on yesterday. It was my first time hearing about this test. My treatment center just added it to their protocols. Mine was 3.7 and my doctor said he likes to see readings of 4 and under.

3.7 was a little too close to 4 for him but my breast antigen numbers are good so he wasn't overly concerned. I found an articlewith good info and a lot of things (per the article) can cause fluctuations in readings including supplements. If your number rises at the next reading maybe you can get an additional test done. Do you get the CA 15-3 (breast antigen) test done routinely? If so, is there an increasing number trend with this test as well?