Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited January 2016

Singlemom- So glad to hear that you received good news on your scan. That's great!!

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited January 2016

MomATT, just to follow up on Ellen's graphic idea... My lab report actually shows GRAN#. I would say if Dani's blood work doesn't show GRAN# or Complete ANC or Neut Absolute, as Ellen's does, then you need to ask her onc what he is going by. And let us know.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited January 2016

Singlemom1, happy you got good news from your scan! I'm on 75 mg also, for several cycles, and feeling like I am living again. The higher doses were just too much for me.

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited January 2016

Yes, great news, singlemom1!

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    edited January 2016

Ellelou & dlb - Thanks so much for posting those pics. After seeing them, I went and looked at my own printout from my MO. It only lists the Neutrophils #. When I see her again on the 4th I will definitely ask about this.

• masonsmawmaw
    masonsmawmaw Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2016

After 4 cycles of Ibrance/Faslodex, I rec'd my PET scan results today. Not only are there "NO new or progressive hypermetabolic tumor identified, there is almost complete resolution of previous skeletal metastasis within my spine, pelvis and femur. Woohoo....I am one happy and blessed woman and I serve a mighty awesome and loving God!!

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited January 2016

Masonsmawmaw - Wonderful! So happy to hear your good news!

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited January 2016

Mason

That's beyond great news. Soooo happy for you!!! I hope to hear that kind of news from more of us!!!

Babs

• Kaption
    Kaption Member Posts: 2,934
    edited January 2016

So happy hear the great news, Masonsmawmaw! Celebrate!

• ShetlandPony
    edited January 2016

Is anyone else having dry, irritated eyes that get worse during Ibrance week three? At first I thought my dry, irritated eyes were just because of estrogen deprivation from letrozole. Then I noticed they were quite a bit worse during Ibrance week three, so I began to think it was an Ibrance side effect, too. But then I realized this: I am most fatigued during week three. What do I do when I am tired? I spend more time sitting and looking at the computer, the phone, and the TV. So maybe that's the reason it gets worse during week three.

• mimipickle
    mimipickle Member Posts: 160
    edited January 2016

Singlemom1 and Masonsmawmaw--Great news both of you!Happy

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited January 2016

Singlemom1 and masonsmawmaw - wow such great news! Are you on 125 or 100? I'm having bloody nose, gum bleeding and hair thinning on 125 (starting round 2 Thursday). Excited for your numbers. You gals give me hope.

• Kaption
    Kaption Member Posts: 2,934
    edited January 2016
    Pear lady,
    I think you've hit on it. When I'm most tired I spend more time on screens (iPad) and get more eye fatigue and itchy eyes.
    As far as the bloody nose, it's hard to tell in the winter because it's so dry. We keep the humidifier going. Don't think I had this trouble last summer.
  • cjanet
    cjanet Member Posts: 288
    edited January 2016

Awesome news Singlemom1 and masonsmawmaw!! I'm happy for you both!

• hawksfansarah
    hawksfansarah Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2016

I've been having severe sporadic stomach pain as well!

I'm on my third Ibrance cycle. I've dropped down to 75 mcg, and am taking Protonix 40mg as well.

I'm considering discontinuing Ibrance and just staying on the letrozole.

I get so exhausted on the Ibrance that I don't have the energy to even stand.

• hawksfansarah
    edited January 2016

Ooh, I've got the hair thinning, gum bleeding, and bloody nose as well. I didn't think it was Ibrance, but..

• hawksfansarah
    edited January 2016

I get very dry eyes too, so that I'm blinking an awful lot and people keep asking if I'm tired or paying attention.

I find Systane drops three times a day helps.

• hawksfansarah
    edited January 2016

I had this happen - I had already refilled my 100 mcg does when the doc wanted to drop down to 75 mcg. I thought the insurance wouldn't cover it. Doc said they legally had to cover changes in dosage that were a result of neutropenia.

• hawksfansarah
    edited January 2016

Does anyone here knit? Ravelry (an online knitter's website) has a "Knitters with Breast Cancer" group. They're a super nice and supportive bunch of ladies. In case you're interested..

• hawksfansarah
    edited January 2016

My doc told me to go every other day when I felt like that. The third week is when the buildup is the highest.

I find that Ibrance makes the letrozole side effects like a million times worse.

• hawksfansarah
    edited January 2016

Anyone heard the news reports about Venetoclax? It's a new cancer med for ACL and CCL patients (?!) that targets the BCL2 (gene?).

The BCL2 gene is also what causes breast cancer (as far as I can understand the online studies on the issue).

Has anyone heard of any studies where Venetoclax helped breast cancer patients? The pharma company (AbbVie) said in their press release that it helped ACL, CCL, and the other cancers that those patients had (with something like a 100% recovery rate to how they were before they had cancer). The medication results worked even a YEAR after they stopped taking it. The news reports I saw implied that these people were basically cured...

• singlemom1
    singlemom1 Member Posts: 260
    edited January 2016

Thank you everyone and congratulations to you also masonsmawmaw!!!

• masonsmawmaw
    masonsmawmaw Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2016

Shetland-I also have terrible eye issues during week three...usually clears up about the time I start the next round.

Lalady- I also had the bleeding, stuffy nose during my first three cycles, but it has stopped now... I have been on the 125mg dose since day one with no lapses or delays due to blood counts.

In general, I'm finding that the SE's are getting better for me with each passing cycle...

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited May 2017

Masonsmawmaw - thanks for encouraging me through nose bleeds, kinda scary in the mornings. I start round 2 on Thursday and will check numbers. Hawksfansar hair thinning, gum and nose bleeds are likely SE from Ibrance. Other ladies have more experience, but I'm dealing with this too. Have a nice weekend ladies!

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    edited January 2016

Hallelujah! masonsmawmaw.

• ShetlandPony
    edited January 2016

Hmm, so Masonsmawmaw, do you suspect that Ibrance, and not more screen time, is causing or contributing to your eye troubles during week three? I remember similar problems on Taxol that got better when that was done. Now I have it again. Dry and teary, especially on week three. Systane eye drops do help. I have little bottles stashed in purse, desk, bedside table, and bathroom.

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited January 2016

Deanna such a good idea with the pict. As they say it's worth a million words.You guys are just GREAT!! thanks for the images. Ellelou oh my, hey Teach so true, my daughter is a teacher too and yes! the kids just come right out and told her that if she brings videos in they will just pay more attention! On her first day! That was funny.

Yep, Danni's neutr % were 0.5 - so thank you all very much. The word ANC is not on the BT. I could ask about it, when I get the weekly BT back it should be on Tuesday.

Singlemom great news!!

Masonsma so happy for you!

Pajim best of luck on the scans.

No taps on my request for triple+with Ibrance with mets. I don't have the courage to post on the regular triple+, bcs they seem to be some place regarding hopes for the future and fear of stage IV, so I don't wanna ruin it for them. Pealady is the only one with the same status right now that I am aware of. So i guess we are like guinea pigs for this....

• pearlady
    pearlady Member Posts: 390
    edited January 2016

Yes mom I believe we are the only ones. And that says it all about our medical system. When I was taking Afinitor I was also the only one that was triple +. Our lives are ruled by insurance. Hopefully your daughter will do as well on Ibrance as I have.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2016

two questions...

Everyone on Ibrance and Femera? If not Femera, how did you get the other hormone inhibitor approved?

And

Not sure if fatigue or diagnosis or Femera but need an anti depressant. This last week has been very emotional. Anyone's ADhit the trifecta of good mood, less hot flashes and reduced pain?

Guess that three questions:) thanks.

• NicciJ
    NicciJ Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2016

Hi all! I just started my 1st cycle of Ibrance & Letrozole...into 3rd week now. So far, my nose bleeds a little every time I blow it, I have EXTREME fatigue (which extreme fatigue IS listed on the letrozole SE list), hot flashes (which are not new to me), sore throat, irritability (I am really even getting on my own nerves!), and today I have developed a red, raw looking place on top of my tongue that is sore. Like I've been licking sandpaper all day.Looks like it may turn into some kind of blister. Anyone have anything like that and if so what did you do for it?