Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited June 2017

Pat, What wonderful news. I am doing the happy dance for you right now. Thank you for sharing. Celebrate! WOOHOO!

Big hugs from, Lynne

• Lindalou
    Lindalou Member Posts: 598
    edited June 2017

Pat, Just logged on before calling it a night and saw your post!! You made my day, and I'm celebrating with you!! Hooray!!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,338
    edited June 2017

Pat, I am so excited about your scan results! You bring us all hope. I will gladly join your new band if you adjust the name a little Winking

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited June 2017

Pat - I so happy to log in and find you in wonderful spirits and virtually cancer free. That is the funniest post about cancer I've read in a long while. You are well on your way to getting hit by a bus at 103 years of age. In your case it will be because you were fashioning the names of law firms from your scan reports in your mind ...

>Z<

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited June 2017

Yeah Pat. What great news! Hope all your scans are this awesome.

The other Pat

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited June 2017

Great news Pat! Love your sense of humor!

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    edited June 2017

So happy for you Pat.

• midwest_laura
    midwest_laura Member Posts: 114
    edited June 2017

Pat, those are fantastic results. Congratulations!! I can hear the joy, relief, and your smile in your writing.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    edited June 2017

Pat-So happy for you!!! I had to read your post twice . I pray Everyone gets great results. Cooking and vacuum are swear words. Might have to report you to the Moderators lol πŸ˜‚

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited June 2017
    Great news Pat.....I won't get my results til next Tues when I see my Onc.
  • JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited June 2017

WHOOPEE and HALLELUJAH! Just seeing this and doing the happy dance around my office! Pat I'm thrilled for you. I know that you will worried about this one and all in vain! Yippee!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,039
    edited June 2017

Pat~I logged in last night and had a few sentences down for you, then I don't know what happened to it. I just wanted to say how happy I am for your scan results. You are such a joy here on this thread and forum. Always such cheerful sweet words. You are obviously a wonderful woman and fellow MBC friend. May you have endless good results on your scans. You are a wonderful daily light here for us all, thank you. And so happy, high fives to Pat! Hugs ~M~

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,869
    edited June 2017

Go, Pat!!! There's nothing like a great scan to cheer us all!! Now, just back away from the cooktop and the vaccuum cleaner, we're having none of that; Margarita Time!!

• cive
    cive Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2017

PatG: rofl Β ThumbsUpHappy

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited June 2017

Hi all, please continue reporting those great scan results! They lift my spirits.

• Lillymillie
    Lillymillie Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2017

fantastic news pat, you post made me laugh and smile and most of all filled me with hope!! Really pleased for you! I laughed about your eyebrow pain sorryπŸ™ˆ Damn I was hoping the 3 second eyebrows would be a success but hey the scan results blow the sparse eyebrows out of the water!!

Hope everyone gets positive results moving forward x

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited June 2017

Thanks, sweet friends, for your good wishes. I celebrated by walking 2 miles last night (to better my chances of getting hit by that bus, Z!). I have a new commitment to not letting the fatigue win.

I forgot to tell you that Dr. Smith and I agreed I could take an extra week off Ibrance in August so I'll feel well for that speech at the Komen luncheon. (You never want to have to lie down during a speech at a Survivor Luncheon...it so dampens the pink ribbon mood. ; > )) We also discussed me backing up to 75 mg in the future. I even wondered to myself about some day just breaking the 100 mg in half...just a thought. (I better not get cocky, huh?)

I continue to pray for all of you Ibrance sisters. We are bigger than this disease!

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2017

Pat, I'm so happy to hear your great news, just what I needed after a lousy day from lots of exhaustion. I've done too much in the past couple of weeks and I hit the wall today and it just makes me so mad. I HATE CANCER!!

I know I'll be better tomorrow after a good nights sleep but today was hard. Everyone keep the good news coming, we want lots more good scan news. Hooray for Pat!! She's starting a new trend of great scans!

Hugs and prayers for all,

Faith.

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    edited June 2017

Pat- Brava x 100!!! How excellent! and so very funny! Sending love to you and all MBC sisters. MJH

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited June 2017

Congratulations Pat !Β  Best wishes for continued success !

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited June 2017

Pat I love your sense of humor! I wish every post here could be like yours. If we make fun of MBC with such light-hearted comic relief it can make us smile for a while. But, I know you didn't get to this place without a battle royal. Hooray for your good scan results.

I'm feeling a sense of relief today. I had to go see the colorectal surgeon yesterday. Never been to one before, never want to go to one again. Do you know what they had me do? Put you knees on this stool and bend over on this exam table......WHAT?!? Yep, I had to assume the position and then they raised the table up so that my butt was up in the air! Not kidding! Then the exam......OMG. All that for my little complication from y90. The good news is that it is healing itself and I need no procedures or tests.

The relief comes from being finished with "procedures" and going back to only Ibrance and femara. My next scan isn't until July, so I don't have scanxiety yet. And the definitive results of y90's won't show until October. I feel like I can just breathe for a month or so. Of course the July scan will show how effective TX has been for lung and chest mets.

So, I plan to enjoy. Starting with watching the play Jungle Book starring my granddaughter.......no, she does not have the starring role. But, to me she's the star. πŸ‘§πŸ’–πŸ‘πŸπŸŽΆπŸŒ 

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited June 2017

Grannax - OMG. That is one of those things you put out of your mind ... should be easy with a lovely granddaughter to keep your attention.

>Z<

• JoynerL
    edited June 2017

Grannax2....HORRIBLE!!!! So glad that's over and behind you (and yikes...shouldn't even us that word!!)!

• Dianarose
    edited June 2017

Today is the last pill for cycle 3 and I am 110% exhausted. If I move any slower I will be in reverse. Hate feeling like this πŸ˜–

Called Prime care/Walgreens again to schedule my Ibrance. She said they got the new prescription on Monday and were still processing. Really, takes that long. Good thing I don't need them until next week. I need to find a different company to get my Ibrance from. It's always a hassle with these guys

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    edited June 2017

Hi all, yesterday Ifelt so bad all day. Tired, headachey, chills(no fever) just awful stomach cramps. Today i found out why, my neutrophils and red blood count are the lowest they have ever been in 19 cycles. Who knows why. Not much better today except no stomach cramps, YAY! We are leaving Monday for a short vacay and I sure do hope I feel better by then.

Pat - so happy to see your great results and your great sense of humor! Gave me a good laugh! I agree with everyone else who said back away from the vacuum and the cooking and just revel in the awessome news!

Hope everyone else's scan go well this week

Hugs an d prayers

C

• bigbhome
    edited June 2017

Forgot to share good news! It was reported at a medical conference yesterday that the Ibrance is exceeding expectations in halting the progression of MBC! YAY!!!

C

• Dianarose
    edited June 2017

I was asked to do another research study. This one has to do with ads for or about breast cancer. I haven't seen the ads yet. Should be interesting plus I get paid

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited June 2017

Bigbhome, you just made my heart skip a beat with that news!

• JoynerL
    edited June 2017

Bigbhome, what great news! I hope that we'll see that officially posted somewhere sometime soon!!

• bigbhome
    edited June 2017

He said there is a big medical conference going on... I think in Michigan...and that was the topic yesterday.

C