Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,568
    edited August 2019

I’d like to make a correction. I checked the pharmacy history on my Ibrance orders and realized I finished my 4th bottle of 100 mg of Ibrance yesterday, not my third! Plus I’d had a false start prior to that taking 125 mg for about 10 days until my wbc count tanked and it took two weeks for them to rise to the level where I could begin the 100 mg dose. But I’m not counting that as a full cycle. Maybe half a cycle. Time goes faster than I realize.....

Daniel, I haven’t heard of devil’s claw. For what its worth, I was told to discontinue curcumin when I began Ibrance. I’d taken it for about 7 years.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited August 2019

I am cross posting here and the Ibrance thread.

Yesterday was my first 3 month PET scan. My doctor just sent me this:

Good news - the report shows the areas in the liver are smaller and there is less brightness which is a sign of a good response to treatment - that means the treatment is working.

The area in the hip is resolved!

Attached is the report.

I am sobbing tears of Joy right now. I am so grateful to the Lord for His unfailing mercy!!!!

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited August 2019

Nicole,Congrats on the good PET result!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,327
    edited August 2019

NicoleRod, joining you in the tears of joy! So happy for you!!!

• nicolerod
    edited August 2019

Intothelight and Simone thank you so much!!

Intothelight ...May the Lord bless me with having Ibrance work long like it has for you!!!

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited August 2019

That is great news Nicole, Glory be to God!

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited August 2019

congrats nicole! Not a christian here but I am very very grateful that the universe is in your favor today 🧡🧡🧡🧡💛💛💛💛💛❤️❤️❤️

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited August 2019
    Great news Nicole
  • snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    edited August 2019

Hey Nichole, that's great I'm so happy for you. I hope that Ibrance works for you for a long long time. God is good!

S

• nicolerod
    edited August 2019

Thank you ladies! I know it probably seems pre mature and all since I just started but I am still overwhelmed and so grateful.

• 42young
    42young Member Posts: 126
    edited August 2019

Congrats Nicole!! NED on next scan !!

• Pirving
    Pirving Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019

Hi new to the site. I need your help I am on ibrance and flasadex. The ibrance is 75mg dose. When I have my week off I get severe muscle spasms and pain in my lower back. Is anybody having the same problem? If so what are you doing to get some relief.

• nicolerod
    edited August 2019

42Young **huge smile here at your post** From your lips to Gods ears!!!!! (((hugs)))

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited August 2019

Nicole, I love answered prayers! I had a feeling your 3 month scan would be fabulous. Congratulations!

Pirving, I would sure give the lowest dose of Flexaril a try. It's a muscle relaxer. I've also successfully used one of those electric Shiatsu massagers Brookstone makes. I've used a similar one to this for years and it's still working great. Be sure to look for the $10 online coupon. I hope you get better soon.

https://www.brookstone.com/homedics-cordless-shiat...

Love from PatGMc

• nicolerod
    edited August 2019

Thanks Pat

• Moomala
    Moomala Member Posts: 397
    edited August 2019

awesome news Nicole! Yahoooooo!!!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited August 2019

Great news Nicole

• LaurenH
    LaurenH Member Posts: 382
    edited August 2019

Soooooo happy for you, Nicole! Woot woot

• nicolerod
    edited August 2019

Thanks ladies XXXOOO

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719
    edited August 2019

Just popping in for a catch up. Good to see all the regulars posting ( some of your pics made me laugh.... PatMc that’ll be you)and some newbies, even though we don’t want to be here, the support is invaluable especially on down days. Nice to hear the good news, but also share the not so good.

Nice App Lauren, hope it goes from strength to strength.

Seems we have a very wide range of MOs. I like mine, but rarely see her and keep any SE chat for the nurses.

Just been signed off work by my GP today... 6 months full pay and 6 half, but will probably retire around end of Jan as will be 55 and had always said I would go then if the pension was okay ( teaching PE takes it’s toll on the body after decades!)

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    edited August 2019

Nicole - congrats on the great report!!

• nicolerod
    edited August 2019

Thanks Holli

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited August 2019

Karenfized congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy it!!!

Tanya

• Moomala
    edited August 2019

My three month follow-up was a tiny bit of a mixed bag. My lung tumors have shrunk. That was wonderful news to hear! My bone mets were the mixed bag. I have fairly widespread bone mets of the spine, and pelvis. Some of them show healing and some showed progression. I was shocked! How could my three month scans show both???

My MO is sure that becuase my tumor markers (CEA and CA 27.29) nearly tripled during the 4-6 weeks after my first scan and before starting treatment that I probably had some progression then and that this has not yet resolved on treatment. For example, my CEA tripled from 34 to 98 during that time between the first scan and starting treatment and continued upward to 134 the first month of treatment. MO says we do not have a snapshot of my bones during that period and we don't know what the progression looked like then. My tumor markers are still not down to their original 34 and so might it make sense that the CT of my bones from last week might not look the way they did before I started treatment. It's a little confusing but also makes sense when I thinnk it through.

I'm asymptomatic and I'm feeling well enough to be physically active, walking three miles a day and doing PT every day AND I'm returning to work part time in September. My current physical state and declining TMs and the lung tumor shrinking plus some of the bone mets healing - I feel fairly comfortable with this. I mean - it's a little shaky but it shows me the "art" of oncology mixed with the science. I'm in cycle 4 of Ibrance and I have a gut feeling I need to give this a few more months. I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have heard the word stable today, but If I'm right, it's a good example of this treatment taking time to work and it can sometimes even look a little shaky in the beginning.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783
    edited August 2019

I'm sorry to just blurt out questions. Right now I work full time and take call. I have my first Zometa infusion tomorrow after which I will start letrozole and Ibrance. I feel pretty darn good right now but fear that side effects will be awful. How bad will it be? Is it realistic to think I can continue to work much longer?

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited August 2019

Moomala- I wish you heard the word stable too but woohoo on the lung mets and reading your post I can see the logic of the bone mets. I am glad you are feeling pretty good. You posted to me on the SSD Thread that you were accepted for Disability. Are you going to still get that AND work part time? If so, then maybe you have some wiggle room and if you cannot tolerate the work you will still have the SSD payments. That would be good. I will apply for SSD mid Sept. But I don't know if I will ever work again--time will tell. If part time work is an option, who knows. Hope for a long run of Ibrance for you.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited August 2019

Dutchiris- Continuing to work is different for everyone. You will see posts on here that some are of retirement age anyway, some work full time, some part time, and some do not work anymore. I think it depends on your line of work, your hours of work, your home life, finances, etc. I continued to work full time after diagnosis, but in a lesser position in the company (with half the pay also). I have just made the decision to "medically retire" -- I am 48 years old/49 in Oct. I have not used Zometa. I get Xgeva injections. So I cannot comment on the Zometa side effects. I do use Letrozole and Ibrance. My worst side effects is fatigue, hot flashes (horrid), and bone/joint pain. But other side effects come and go and are worse sometimes. If you want to PM me you are welcome to. Hope this helps.

• Moomala
    edited August 2019

dutchiris I just had my second Zometa infusion this morning! My first one was just fine. 24 hours after the infusion I had fever, chills and flu-ey feeling. This time I took Claritin yesterday, today and again tomorrow. I don't know if it'll work but I've seen that suggested elsewhere on the forum. I can recommend drinking a lot of water during the few days around your Zometa infusion but that did not help me with the flu-feeling. So I'll let you know if the Claritin plan works.

I would consider starting letrozole and ibrance separately if you can. I have had very few SE's from either and anything that has come up generally has a work-around. Is there a particular SE you are most concerned about?

Candy-678 I cancelled my application for SSD!!!!!!!! I apologize for not updating you on that. I am feeling well enough to teach (piano) to enough students that I'd surpass the allowed income limit. Since I'm 63 I would do better on straight SS meaning that I can collect my SS and still make an incoming (more than I'm allowed on SSD) So I am in the midst of all that.

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited August 2019

dutchiris, I hope you won't spend lots of time worrying about future side effects. Look closely at a few of today's comments and you'll see someone who has continued working as a PE teacher and someone who is able to walk 3 miles. We've seen others work 10 hour shifts as nurses. There are people who have extreme fatigue and people who have none. Some of us have issues with nausea, some with indigestion.

Remember one thing - you may be one of those who has no side effects at all!

My prayer is that you are but I know you'll do fine if you take it a day at a time.

Much love from PatGMc

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783
    edited August 2019

Candy, thank you for your reply and invite to PM you. I may take you up on it. I work during chemo and rads when I was initially diagnosed. I hope that means something.

Moomala, I had Zometa in the past. I don't remember any side effect that slowed me down. I will start letrozole on Saturday and Ibrance 7 days later.

PatgMc, thank you for the encouragement.