Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902
    edited July 2020

AprilGirl1: congrats on your PET scan results

NEAD is awesome news!!

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited July 2020

April, That’s so great that you’re NEAD!!!
    Just curious why your labs are done at the end of week three? I thought the Ibrance cycle has an off week built in to allow neutrophils ( and other values) to recover. I’ve always had my labs on the last day of my off week, sometimes they’re over 1, sometimes I have to take an extra week off then retest. Your values could look a lot better if you had the benefit of that extra week.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited July 2020

aprilgirl1- Happy to hear of the good scan results. Celebrate.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited July 2020

April...wonderful news!

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited July 2020

@Rosie24, I think what happened is the last time and/or the month prior I needed an additional week off so then this appt was a week early. I had my petscan and my oncologist visit set up for a couple of months and they didn't reschedule them as I was technically a week early this month. It has been challenging to line it all up properly when I have to take an extra week off for low counts.

I will do a blood test next Thurs locally since I have to travel fairly far to the Cancer Center.

• Rosie24
    edited July 2020

April, Got it! That happens to me too with appointments when I need an extra week off. So glad for your awesome report, enjoy the feeling!

• 42young
    42young Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2020

Next-generation-of-combo-regimens-being-explored-in-er-breast-cancer

https://www.onclive.com/view/next-generation-of-combo-regimens-being-explored-in-er-breast-cancer.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited July 2020

Bringing up the rear to say I'm so happy for aprilgirl's results! NEAD, thats awesome! :)

I'm happy to report the tablets are going well. Well into cycle 8. Taking with milk or following quickly with a bite of food helps with the after taste. MO appt and blood draw on the 8th. I'm asking about scans again at this appt, while im kinda happy to have avoided them for awhile I am curious how things look now as my last ones bone and ct were in february and alot can happen in 3 months let alone 6. BUT my pain level while not gone is much better than what it was before starting Ibrance so I'll take it, and still off pain meds. So its doing something!

My mother in laws biopsy came back benign yesterday, breast cancer has not returned! Whew. She is electing to have a mastectomy on that side to match the left to avoid another scare if possible and to avoid the clamps. I'm just so happy she's alright. Makes me so relieved. I know my hubby was too. Tho I know secretly inside he wished I had gotten news like that as well instead of hearing I was Stage 4 a little over a yr ago now.

In other news, hubby and I celebrate 18 yrs in 1 month, will be renewing our vows in a tiny tiny ceremony outside. Today I successfully mowed the lawn front and back and I'm planning on spending the holidays next to a secluded private river with my hubby and MIL in my canopy lawn chair. Feeling good and hanging in there!

• JACK5IE
    edited July 2020

Miss Rabbit...so glad you checked in. I smiled while reading your post. Congratulations on your anniversary and the upcoming vow renewal. That's so nice. Enjoy your weekend too. That sounds really nice as well. Smile

• elenas401
    elenas401 Member Posts: 170
    edited July 2020

Rabbit: Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate and glad you're feeling well. I know what you mean about being happy for someone's good test results and yet wishing it was the case with you, too. I know you're relieved for your mother in law though.

I love doing yard work too. It's just too hot here today in Minnesota today. April girl: Happy for your NEAD news!!!

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited July 2020

Aprilgirl, Great on the NEAD results.

• aprilgirl1
    edited July 2020

Thank you all for your support:)

RRabbit -congratulations on your anniversary and vow renewal. I am so happy that your pain level is a lot less, that is great news and I will take that as Ibrace working. I am thankful for your family that your mother in law's results are benign but I also get how it is so unfair and surreal that we are here. Thankful for all of you who understand the rawness and ups and downs this dx brings.

• Penny-78
    Penny-78 Member Posts: 271
    edited July 2020

Not the day I expected!

I've been feeling a little queasiness the last few days. Stress I thought. Due to my rising tumor markers I approached my monthly visit to my MO with some trepidation.

And now I'm lying on a bed in the ER.

My blood test at the BC centershowed my liver enzymes 20x normal. My MO said it's “acute liver failure" and rushed me into the hospital. First liver ultrasound showed just the usual “likely benign cysts" that appears every time I have a CT. Should I be glad there may not be progression to my liver? Or terrified that no one can tell me what's going on?

Many more tests to come

My twins are waiting at home — to celebrate my birthday. 😢

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited July 2020

Penny - I'm so sorry. I hope they can figure it out soon and treat it so you can be home with your family.

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited July 2020

Yikes, Penny! I've got my fingers and everything else crossed for you.

Tina

• adymaria
    adymaria Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2020

Candy - My oncologist said as long as my neutrophils stay above 70, it's fine. If I were ever to drop below 70 (which I never have in 2 years), then she would just lower my dose of Ibrance. If I were you, I would try to stick with Ibrance if possible. It's godsend. I think a second opinion is a good idea.

• aprilgirl1
    edited July 2020

Penny-78 , so sorry for this unexpected turn. Good thing that you had an appt and were rushed to the hospital. I've also got my fingers and toes crossed and you will be in my prayers tonight for some good answers/recovery from this and a nice quiet weekend with your family celebrating your birthday.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited July 2020

Penny,

Just saw this, this morning. I hope that they are making some progress in determining what's going on with you.

Didn't you start a new supplement this past month? Could that have affected your liver? So many things that we take are processed through our livers, and sometimes I wonder if we don't put them on overload.

Thinking good thoughts.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited July 2020

Penny. thinking of you. Hoping you will find an easy fix to these elevated enzymes. Wonder if you have a blocked bile duct..hmm. Also, do you have Lobular breast cancer? From what I read..the lesions are sneaky and not seen readily.

Keep us posted.

Happy Birthday..even in the ER. You are alive to celebrate later. It is your birthday month, so wishing you happiness throughout the month.

• Rosie24
    edited July 2020

Penny, I hope you have more info soon (maybe already) and your medical team can get things things turned around quickly. Peace, love, and happy birthday to you!

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2020

Penny thinking of you and wishing you good luck. I hope that you are soon home safely to celebrate your birthday with your twins. X

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited July 2020

Penny- Just reading your post. Oh my. Hope by now you have some answers. Post when you can. Hugs.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited July 2020

Penny, oh no! I hope they are able to figure out what's going on and get things in balance soon! Keep us posted when you can! Thinking of you!

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited July 2020

Penny, Hope your docs figure out how to solve this and get you home and feeling good! Sorry it messed up the birthday celebration with your twins...it’s hard to schedule celebrations these days.

• JACK5IE
    edited July 2020

Penny...I just saw your post. I hope by now they have figured out what's going on. Keeping you in my thoughts.

• piggy99
    piggy99 Member Posts: 183
    edited July 2020

Penny, I am so sorry things took such a sudden turn for the worse... I hate the sneakiness and cruelty of this damned cancer. I hope your team can figure out what's causing the sudden liver failure and that it's something reversible. You deserve to get back to your life and your family.

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited July 2020

wish you get well soon, Penny. Please update us when you can. Happy birthday xx

• BlueGirlRedState
    BlueGirlRedState Member Posts: 900
    edited July 2020

Penny - really sorry to hear about changes and hope they can figure out what is going on, and get you on your feet again.

AprilGirl - congratulations on the NEAD!! Way to go girl!

Rabbit - congratulations on your 18th and may you celebrate and renew many more

• elenas401
    elenas401 Member Posts: 170
    edited July 2020

Penny: So sorry to hear what's going on. Hope they figure out whats going on and get you back home feeling better as soon as possible.

• Penny-78
    Penny-78 Member Posts: 271
    edited July 2020

Serenity, Chico, Tina, AprilGirl, Candy, Rosie, IWrite, Rabbit, BlueGirlRed, Jackie, Piggy, Elena — you all sure know how to make someone feel cared for! ❤️

After 13 hours in the ER I was admitted at 6 a.m. Liver scans “good", EKG good, COVID negative, all Hepatitis panels negative. Enzymes stopped rising and now fell from the sky very slightly

BevJev they have indeed been focused a bit on all the supplements I started recently — the I3C, turmeric tea, and baby aspirin. Plus I took Tylenol a couple of times when I started feeling under the weather earlier this week. Word is they do NOT think even all that was enough to cause this spectac jump. But they are running out of possibilities

Sandi, no primary was ever found and there was speculation I am probably ILC. That's been on my mind.

Love to you all! Penny