Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2021

Jack5ie - in your pocket today!!

April - I am so glad for this community! I may still lurk on this thread even though I haven't been on I/F in years (wow, seems weird to write that), but everyone is so welcoming regardless of what meds you're taking.

Hugs to everyone!

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited March 2021

Jackie, I'm here for pocket duty, dont mind the jumping around, just my way of letting you know I'm there :)

Aprilgirl, agree with everything you said. I have monthly appt on friday and blood draw, will know then when scans for me are after that. I'm definitely due as last for me was Nov. It seems like a batch of us usually go through scans all around the same time.

I will admittedly say the longer I'm on here and as feelings of affection grow, the more anxiety i feel when so many of us are all hanging on a scan all at the same time. Hoping for a good report for all of us.

Pat, i stand by what i said, but not with intent to hurt or offend nor stomp on a coping mechanism anyone uses as a means to counter cruelty. i more meant it to say, I don't have the gift of a lot of time and my chances of dealing with breast cancer for decades is not a tangible hope.

RK and Ciaci, it's good to see you both check in, as Karen said we get a bit worried if we dont see a name check in for awhile.

Take care ladies, I'll be back with a date of my CT and bone scan Friday. Yep, I'm scared.

Lee64, have you down for pocket duty on the 8th, Candy for 22nd. Anyone else scanning in march or April?

Newbies/Lurkers, dont be afraid to say hello. We dont bite :) Today I can't even really taste...too liberal with the hot sauce on the morning eggs, tongue feels like liquid hot magma. Ibrance please be kind with the mouth this cycle :)

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom, thanks for mentioning the Ibrance needs to stay in the blister pack and not go into my daily pill box. I was going to put a lego head (maybe Harry Potter?) into my evening pill box slot as a reminder to make sure I take the Ibrance pill, but then figured it would be just a matter of time before I accidentally swallowed it. :)

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2021

😂😂

• d37
    d37 Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2021

Hi Wandering, I noticed that you are HER2+ and on Ibrance. Are you on a trial? I am HER2+ as well and I’ll be starting an Ibrance trial soon

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2021

Thanks for being in my pocket today ladies. I truly appreciate it.

The non-contrast CT went fine except for drinking the oral barium contrast, but I'm used to it.

The bone scan is usually no problem except this time the tech kept taking extra pictures. He kept asking me if I had pain on my shoulder or elbow, etc. He said there's something in those areas but try not to worry. So now I'm extra worried. I thought techs weren't supposed to say anything. It was a very long and exhausting day.

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited March 2021

Jack5ie - is it possible you received the COVID vaccine in that arm?

• JACK5IE
    edited March 2021

cowgal...no I didn't get the vaccine yet.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2021

Jack5ie,

Hope you get the bone scan results soon. Damn that tech. They don't realize how much these off hand comments affect us.

• WANDERING
    WANDERING Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2021

I am no longer on Ibrance. Was on it for 2.5 years. My tumor markers shot up and my oncologist put me on chemo instead. Five months on chemo and I have so many SE's I was taken off that too. Starting Xeloda next week. I have osteonecrosis of the jaw, which my oncologist thinks has caused the tumor markers to go up. I don't think anyone has a clue.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599
    edited March 2021

JACK5IE, ugh, "try not to worry"?!? So sorry you had to hear that, and I hope you get the results back soon. Sending you positive thoughts.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2021

JACK5IE- When will you hear your results?

You said you have had bone scans before without issue. Do you have any arthritis? I have RA and my bone scans lite up all over--- shoulders, elbows, wrists, spine, hips, knees. I do have documented bone mets to spine, but are the joint areas where the RA is showing up??? IDK. I was thinking bone mets are usually seen in the spine and hips and pelvis, but not usually in the joints. Has anyone else heard that? So maybe they just saw some inflammation in your joints from arthritis or something else.

Keep us updated. Good thoughts coming to you.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2021

DH has bone Mets in spine, arms, legs, and skull. He stopped txtoday and accepted hospice.

• Lee64
    Lee64 Member Posts: 113
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom, so sorry about your DH. Prayers for both of you.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom, thinking of you and your DH. Hug to you.

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited March 2021

JACK5IE - Please keep us updated when you get your results. Until then, I'm sending good vibes and hoping for the best possible outcome.

Spookiesmom - Know that I'm thinking of you and DH as you navigate these unknown waters.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited March 2021

Jackie, unfortunately tact is not a strong trait circulating amongst medical professionals these days. I hope results come back soon. We are still on pocket duty waiting on results with you.

Hoping Candy is onto something about arthritis being a possible culprit.

I do wish techs and nurses would keep the chatter away from our ears, as BevJen says, an inkling something might be wrong can be hard to get out of our head once its planted there.

Hang in there Jackie *Hugs*

Spookiesmom - thoughts are with you and DH - so very sorry for what your both going through. I have no words. Hugs go out to you too.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2021

Thanks everyone, I do appreciate it. But Candy was concerned about her joints being affected, so that was directed to her.

Yes, it’s been a miserable week here. We are going to sell his car, can’t find his wallet with DL and necessary items. He also has COPD, lack of oxygen is affecting his cognition.

But I’ll keep on dancing ❤️

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom, I will be praying for you and your husband...praying for peace and for compassionate hospice caregivers. I have always found them to be extra-special people who know just what your family needs when you need it. I hope you lean on them. People always tell you to take things one day at a time and it's especially important now. Some of my most beautiful memories with family and friends were made during those hospice days.

Love and a hug from PatGMc

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom- I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Sending you both love and prayers . I've heard wonderful info on hospice care and I'm sure they will take great care of you both . Damn cancer , 24/7 times 2 .

Jack5ie - what in the world is that tech doing ?! I am livid. Pls let us know as soon as you get results . That tech needs to go back to tech school and learn about working with patients.

Pocket duty for me for April 5! Seems far away ....but it's not ;

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom, sorry to hear about your husband. Sending you hugs.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783
    edited March 2021

Sorry to here about your husband, Spookiesmom.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom- My thoughts are with you and your DH. We used Hospice for my mom 7 years ago. They were wonderful. I have a friend that just used the same Hospice service for her DH and she said the same thing. Prayers to you.

It is frustrating though to not know if the joint issues I have are the RA or possibly bone mets. Guess it doesn't really matter in the long run, pain is pain. But I do wonder about my Left shoulder. It starting bothering me in 2016 and then we found the cancer in 2017. Coincidence? I just think my skeletal system is a mess-- RA, bone mets, and disc degeneration in the lumbar spine (had for years, due to job). So bone scans are iffy for looking at my cancer.

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom - my prayers are with you and your husband.

I’m on my second week of Ibrance and things are going well. I was able to move the time taking it from morning to evening. So much better being able to sleep off the SEs. I did find that if I take the pill with a small glass of milk, it seems to help with not feeling nauseous from it.

• JACK5IE
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom...I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. He will be included in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all again ladies. I will keep you all posted. I was told the doctor should get both results in a day or two. They will be in my portal but after discovering the mets from the portal I never look anymore and wait to hear from the doctor. I see him on Monday. I might look this time anyway though.

I know I do have arthritis in my knees, ankles and feet (which I didn't have prior to mets), so I am hoping it is just that. I have noticed a few times that my elbow and shoulder would hurt only when pressed in a certain area but I always felt it was nerve related. Yesterday and today I have been feeling around those areas again and it still feels like that but now I'm worrying myself more that it's more cancer. My mets are in my sacrum so it's not an area that I can press on and feel pain. Did any of you have bone mets to an accessible bone? If so what did it feel like?

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom I am so very sorry for what you and your dh are going through.

JACK5IE the techs comments and the wait would have had me climbing the walls. I had a ct scan on Monday evening and by lunchtime Tuesday I was texting my Onc every 1/2 hour. Fortunately I am stable and can resume I/L which I have now been on for 4.5 years yippee.

BevJen I do hope that immunotherapy is treating you well.

Good luck to everyone having scans

• BevJen
    edited March 2021

Chico,

Thanks for checking in on me and immunotherapy.

The jury's still out. I am now six weeks in (that's two infusions on the keytruda schedule) and I had my third infusion this past Tuesday -- that one is for six weeks. A little bit of nausea, here and there, and some constipation (of course -- comes with the territory). My first set of tumor markers since I started went up, so I don't know how that plays out in immunotherapy, especially single agent immunotherapy. I feel okay, but almost as tired as on I/F.

My big issue right now, as I've posted elsewhere, is that my back is out of whack. I have a longstanding back issue, and back mets, so I'm not sure what's going on right now. Always something. But the NP at my cancer center doesn't think it's related to the keytruda.

Will report back as time goes on. We'll see how it goes.

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2021

BevJen it is so awful having s/e’s and twinges and not knowing whether it’s the treatment, cancer or just what happens to us grown ups. My stepson is on Keytruda for melanoma. He has had 3 infusions now and although otherwise healthy has had all sorts of odd things such as a high fever and a lymph-node come up. He is not that old but was given the Pfizer jab and I suspect that may have mixed things up a bit. I had the jab and not only didn’t feel a thing but had no after effects - don’t think my immune system got the memo that it was supposed to react 🤣. As you know Ibrance and letrozole have a s/e or two to throw at us however having a number of people on this forum on the same meds helps us see that most of us have similar s/e’s. You are a bit of a trailblazer and have to chart unknown waters alone. I would love the opportunity come aboard the good ship immunotherapy at some stage soon.

• BevJen
    edited March 2021

Chico,

Interesting about your stepson -- during my journey so far with immunotherapy, I also had my two Pfizer vaccine shots (I think that in the UK, they are being more spaced out?). My first vacx was three days after my first infusion; my second was three days after my second infusion. And yes, it crossed my mind that something weird could be going on there because of the combo of drugs, but MO said it was fine to do it when I could get it. On the second vacx shot, I also got a fever for about 12 hours, and some other weird things, so who the heck knows?

Good luck to your stepson. I do think that they don't really know what types of things will pop up when you are on immunotherapy, because the SEs are so varied among people.

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom - so sorry to learn about your husband. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jackie - wth? I would be be riddled with crazy scanxiety by now. If he was asking all those questions, i would have asked to have seen the images right then and there. Good grief. I have a met to my L5 and humerus. I did not know I had a met there. I would push on it, it didn’t feel any different. But that is just me.