Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited March 2021

Congratulations, Chico on Year 4.5!!!!

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited March 2021

Congratulations, Chico! Dancin' in Memphis!

Love from PatGMC

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited March 2021

I managed to finally book the second Moderna vaccine on the same day as the PET/CT next week. I have a call in to my onc to see if I'm going to fall over dead or something!

Our county made national news with its pathetic roll-out of the program, letting lots of doses thaw and/or expire. The nurse who gave us ours whispered to the other nurse that we had to get the Moderna because it was about to expire. Quite a confidence builder! We had lots of laughs over it but now we wonder. We had to wait 3+ hours in line but they tell us this one will be 15 minutes since the City of Memphis took over. We'll see!

Love from PatGMc

ETA: I was able to change my appointment until a few days later so I'm relieved. All of a sudden we've gone from very few Moderna appointment offers to bunches of them!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited March 2021

Pat, that is hysterical!! I just had my second Moderna shot rescheduled twice, because of the delayed shipments from all the bad weather- clearly CA needs to get its own vaccine production facility going, we have a ton of people. Should be getting it next week, wedged somehow in between faslodex shots and cataract surgery, its always something...

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited March 2021

This isn't really Ibrance related, but my husband got his first COVID shot yesterday. My MO wrote a letter saying that he is my informal caregiver, but he didn't even have to show the letter. We need to re-schedule his second shot so we're working on that today.

I got my Singrix vaccination at the same time. My arm is a bit sore today and I have a tiny fever - 99 degrees (mine is usually around 97). I fee fine and so does he at this point

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited March 2021

Spookiesmom - I'm sorry to hear about your husband.

BevJen - I had severe sciatica before cancer, but now it's barely there. I may have an occasional flare-up. I hope you can find a way to ease your back pain.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2021

Serenity,

Thanks for your note. This is definitely not sciatica, and it's eased up some with the use of NSAIDS and heat, but I'm going to go to PT to see if that will help some. The more I think about this, the more I think it's a repeat of a chronic condition that actually probably started in December, when I was having some dull pain and pretty much ignored it.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited March 2021

Chico, congrats!

RosieRed, glad to hear Ibrance is going okay for you so far. A few cycles in will usually let you know generally what to expect :) I found it usually didnt change very much for me SE wise by then.

Welp, I've got my scans scheduled, picked up my blah barium chalk ( I got two different flavors for each bottle to lessen the urge to retch)

March 26th bone scan. March 31st CT Scan

I came home after my appointment today, crashed, cried and said welp, here we go again.

Jackie, thinking of you while you wait for results.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2021

Thanks all for thinking of me. There is actually one of the scan results in the hospital portal since yesterday. I am so afraid to look because if there is something wrong I won't be able to talk to the doctor at this point regarding the results. So I am waiting for my appointment on Monday. But either way, this is agonizing and my nerves are almost shot. I can look but still have to wait for the other report. I can wait and this way I will have answers right away if I have questions. It's always hard enough waiting for results, but with what the tech said, it's unbearable. I have tears in my eyes just typing this. Keep me in your prayers please. Thank you everyone.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2021

Rabbit- Pocket duty on the 26th and 31st.

JACK5IE- Prayers for you.

• jaycee49
    jaycee49 Member Posts: 1,264
    edited March 2021

My PCP's office called last night and offered me the J&J vaccine. I'm mid-week off so I said yes. I'll be getting it on Monday at 5 PM. They are doing the vaccine in off-hours. I did call MO and give them a heads up. I guess they will call if MO thinks it is a bad idea. I feel ok about it. I wish DH could get it. He's the one going to the grocery store. I will mention to them that he is my sole caregiver. Pull the cancer card? Why not?

• candy-678
    edited March 2021

Woohoo Jaycee. I got the Moderna one. Good you are getting the J&J as it is 1 shot.

• sunshine99
    edited March 2021

Jaycee, I posted this on another thread, but my MO wrote a letter saying that my husband is my informal caregiver with my immunocompromised status and that puts him, according to California Department of Public Health Phase 1A. (I said in my other post that it was the CDC, but I was wrong.) His PCP said that the letter needed to come from my MO. It was not problem for her. It's worth a try for your husband, right?

• thereishope4us
    thereishope4us Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2021

Hi All, it has been a while since II have posted. Thought I would pop in just to say hello.I'm following each of your story and know that this is such a challenging disease for each one of us with it's own ups downs, joys and fears.

Scan anxiety remains to be one of the toughest things to get through. Although I am learning to live with that as part of fighting this disease, hopefully for many many years going forward.

To bring hope to some, thankfully, the last three scans have been stable for me. The report did not state any thing worth noting. Without being overly cheerful, I continue to live in this La La Land and enjoy everything that this world has to offer. I definitely have a different outlook on life than when I was first diagnosed with multiple spots in the lung, liver and bone.

As I continue cycle 38-ish of Ibrance ANC level continues to be a struggle. It usually takes two weeks to get to around 1.5 mark. It wouldn't make over 1 after a week break. Some cycles are better than others.

I'm starting to keep better notes on my activities and food intake to see if there's any pattern that influences the count. I know the topic comes up often but wondering if anyone have any suggestion on what they feel works to improve the ANC.

There is hope!

• candy-678
    edited March 2021

Good to hear from you thereishope4us. I am on cycle 39 with scans coming up on the 22nd. My ANC is still a struggle too. I am on the on 5 days/ off 2 days schedule of Ibrance and still the ANC numbers never go above 1.0. I guess that is just how it is for me. Come visit us more often. Good to hear you are hanging in there.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited March 2021

Jack5ie - you are in my prayers, every day until you get your results. It is so stressful to wait ....know that we are here and support you! I would have a hard time not reporting the xray tech - it really is inappropriate for them to say anything at all about what they do or do not see. I also don't like getting people in trouble but it if is constructive feedback to protect other patients, it might be worthwhile.

Chico - 4.5 years on Ibrance ! Such great news, gives me hope for sure!

Jaycee- great news about getting the JJ vaccine! One and done.

BenJen - hope you find relief soon from your back pain.

thereishope- good to hear from you and 38 cycles is AMAZING! I had to have my Ibrance dose lowered to 75 mg 1-2 cycles ago and it has helped me keep my anc around or slightly above 1 at day 28 which keeps me from having to take another week off. My oncologist was concerned that on 125 and 100mg I pretty consistently had to take a second week off to get the levels high enough. According to my onc there is nothing we can do to bump up the blood work. I have tried higher activity the morning of my blood test, fasting, etc. I did read somewhere on here that eating dark chocolate with 60% cacao 4 hours before the blood test could help but ....I also don't want to create a false increase if my anc really is too low to start. I don't know the answer to this issue.....I tend to have early (8:30am) blood work so haven't tested the dark chocolate theory!

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599
    edited March 2021

Sending love out to everyone with upcoming scans and those waiting for results.

I'm in my first week of Ibrance/Femara, and am wondering if it has made others...gaseous? My rear end seems to have a lot to say lately. My husband and I laughed so hard about one particularly fulsome toot that I had to sit down on the kitchen floor, while hanging onto the refrigerator door handle, trying to stop laughing.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2021

Rabbit put a post on here about that issue, I had to scrape myself off the floor I laughed so much.

• thereishope4us
    thereishope4us Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2021

Candy, glad to see that you are on Ibrance for just as long as I have, but sadly we struggle with our counts. My doctor is open to me trying different schedules in order to continue with the med as long as the scans are good. I feel like I am walking on a balance beam. A little too much of this or that, I will fall off. So tiptoe across and hoping it’s a long beam.

April girl, thanks for the advice on dark chocolates. I love eating them anyways and will add that to the list. I’ve been on 75mg for the last 6 months or so, but the switch from 100mg didn’t impact the ANC that much. I think the body is just getting tired. I am very hopeful that one day I can be off Ibrance and be on letrozole alone. A friend is doing so and she seems to be doing amazing! Wish you continual success on this med.

Thinking of you all and wishing you luck on the upcoming scans.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    edited March 2021

Ibrance gas is the one thing in this whole cancer mess that makes me laugh.

Cakes, joining the Ibrance dance is like joining the choir of bullfrogs after a colonoscopy.

Bud, WEIS, errrrr

I was an alto in choir in HS, but I discovered I'm really a bass

Bud....Bud...

• Katrose
    Katrose Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2021

Rabbit & Cakes: Thanks so much for making me laugh..Smile

Have a great day!

• sunshine99
    edited March 2021

Ditto, Rabbit and Cakes. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. Not a bad start to my day! THANK YOU!!!

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2021

Thanks for the laughs! I needed that today.

Checked my patient portal today - MO has been chatting to radiology (behind my back) and they feel my pleural effusion is causing more symptoms. This is perfect because this weekend I seem to be struggling a bit with breathing and I was going to send them a message about it. However they were already on top of it. So now I now have an appt to drain the fluid. So I’d love to have you in my back pocket for that this Friday. I promise not to sit on you all! I have a small tushy.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2021

Holly,

Good luck with this on Friday.

Wow, I'm impressed that you can see if docs are actually communicating with one another -- my patient portal doesn't have that functionality. In fact, I always wonder if they communicate at all, because most of the time, it seems that they don't. So you must have a good team there.

In your back pocket for Friday.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2021

In your pocket on Friday, Holly! I hope it’s not too rough for you

• candy-678
    edited March 2021

Holly- Pocket duty here for Friday.

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209
    edited March 2021

Holly - Reporting for pocket duty with chocolate covered pretzels.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited March 2021

Holly pocket duty Friday as I toot off into the sunset.

Tany

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited March 2021

Holly, in your pocket for your Friday appt! I hope it gives you immediate relief .

• RhosgobelRabbit
    edited March 2021

I'm there for Pocket duty on Friday Holly! Hope it helps you right away! As long as your tushy doesn't talk to us, all will be good, and even if it does, we understand :)

Pocket duty for you tomorrow Lee64 for scans. Treat yourself afterwards getting through them. Hoping for quick results back for you.

I still have a visual of Cakes, makes me smile.

Pocket Duty for Jackie getting scan results tomorrow.

Everytime around scan time I get chatty, everytime. It's scanxiety, ugh. 26th and 31st can't come fast enough, just want to get it over with.

I would really like to see a Pat masterpiece soon, they transport me to another place.