Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited March 2021

I’ve been keeping up but not posting much, just in a bit of a funk lately.

I’m rescanning after a year. I should have CT results on Monday and go for a bone scan at the end of the month.

I had Covid in January and went off Ibrance. I didn’t start up again but will this week. I just needed a break after 4+ years on this. I know you all can understand that.

But, my tumor markers dropped in half. Although I stayed on Letrozole, I was anticipating an increase in my TMs.

Wondering if the monoclonal antibody treatment may have helped?

Sending positive energy to everyone dealing with progression. And big hugs to spookiesmom. I’m so sorry to hear of your DH and wish him peace

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited March 2021

Holli1212- hope you are breathing better since the procedure on Friday . Check in when you can !

Cure-ious - gorgeous photos and pool and how wonderful that your sisters planted beautiful flowers . Thanks for article about the genomic subtypes . I would love to know if I have any of those ...MO ran the test to see if I have the mutation that would call for piqray with my stage 4. She said we will do more genetic testify if and when I have a progression.

JACK5IE - gorgeous photos of the shrine. I have not been there but it looks like a beautiful and serene place .

Jensgotthis - I'm glad you checked in and you're feeling better. Sounds like a break from Ibrance was good , 4 years is a long time with no break . Keep us posted !

I had a good pie day , lemon meringue for me! I worked a bit this weekend and we had a gorgeous spring day on Saturday.

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited March 2021

jensgotthis, I'm sorry about your funk. No matter how many times we go through the scan thing with all our self-pep-talks, we still wrestle with the fear of the unknown, don't we? I'm praying that the monoclonal antibody did good things and that your Letrozole kept on working. Just know that you have friends out here praying for you.

Love from PatGMc

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2021

I don't want to alarm anyone with this thought, but doesn't it seem like there are quite a few of us on Ibrance dealing with various forms of progression lately? Could it be the tablets vs the capsules...maybe the tablets are somehow less potent? Just thinking out loud.

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209
    edited March 2021

Got through my first 3 weeks of Ibrance and this week is my break. Do you usually feel any different during the off week or do you usually feel the same? I'm hoping for a little more energy.

Hope all of you have a good week!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited March 2021

Rosie, are you on the 125 mg dose? I was on the 125 for 4 cycles before my MO dropped me to the 100 mg dose. Maybe I'm a little less tired on the lower dose. I don't really notice a big difference in my "off" weeks. I'm on the 21 on/7 off routine. I know that some here are on a 5/2 schedule or even a 2 week on-2 week off schedule. I'm very thankful for naps!

• RosieRed
    edited March 2021

Sunshine - I’m on 125mg, 3 weeks on, 1 week off. I will be interested in what my blood counts will be next Monday. I love naps too!!

• sunshine99
    edited March 2021

Rosie, my counts (especially my ANC) were really low and I needed to take a break after the second cycle to let my ANC come back up to an acceptable level. It was still low, but acceptable enough to start back on the Ibrance. The blister packs are a bit of a pain, aren't they? I'm on my 10th cycle and will have my next set of scans at the end of this month. Here's hoping that the Ibrance is doing its job!

I'm kind of an Microsoft Excel junkie, and I've been tracking my bloodwork numbers ever since my fist bout of cancer in 2007. It's kind of interesting to watch the numbers rise and fall.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2021

(Cross-posted)

I saw my MO today, and she's adding to my Ibrance break (started based on liver ablation, continued for vaccine doses). I'll have almost 9 weeks off when I restart on April 15. I said I was fine with it if she was, and she said she was, and she said it twice. I'm going to start having tumor markers done so she has another way to follow me other than just scans. She said ablation changes the images so much she can't tell what's what and has to rely on the reports from the Interventional Radiologist. I was kind of surprised she even looked at the images but maybe it's common for MOs? MRI coming in May, IR requested for 3 months post ablation.

RosieRed, Easy name to remember 😊. I don’t feel much different on my week off, if anything I might be more tired. I happened to have labs done at the end of my two weeks for pre-admission testing and my ANC came in at 1.0, which I didn’t think was too bad, considering at the end of my off weeks I’ve been about .8. So for me, week 3 must be the downhill week and then off week recovers some. No factual knowledge, just my observation

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599
    edited March 2021

RosieRed, I think I'm about a week behind you in terms of starting on Ibrance. You ask all the questions I'm wondering about, thank you for being here!

Just find out a friend's diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound was negative and I'm genuinely happy for her - and then went into my bedroom and unexpectedly started crying, remembering my own ultrasound that did NOT go very well, obviously. Recall the ultrasound MD said to me, "this is something bad", ugh. I seem a bit more teary lately, that must be the Femara?

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited March 2021

Jen, good to hear from you. yay for TMs dropping, wish you best of luck for scans, please update us.

RosieRed, in week 3, fatigue is high and I get annoyed easily! By end of off-week I feel much better, and repeat...

Rosie, great news! Fingers crossed for upcoming mri.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited March 2021

Jen, what monoclonal antibody did you try? Haven't kept up with everybody's treatments...

• jensgotthis
    edited March 2021

Cure-ious, I was given casirivimab and imdevimab for the monoclonal antibody treatment when I was dx with COVID. It's the same one received by President Trump. It was easy. A one hour infusion, no side effects.

• jensgotthis
    edited March 2021

Happy to learn today that the results from my CT scans of chest, abdomin and pelvis all show NEAD still and enlarged lymph nodes appear smaller than previous scan 12 months earlier.

I think I need to do something to give my liver a little extra support. While there wasn't any sign of mets, there were fatty focals.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited March 2021

Jensgotthis - that is great news about your NEAD scan.

SFCakes - I completely understand. Our situation, 24/7 - is a lot to carry around... I have moments like that. We are genuinely happy for friends that have clear checkups but it's still devastating what we are dealing with. I know you have heard this but it does seem to get easier once you get used to the "new normal", get the rhythm of the appointments etc.

RosieRed - I think the fatigue starts to get better once the week off is over, if that makes sense? I am on a lower dose due to low neutrophils and the fatigue is not as much of an issue or I am used to it now.

Am I nuts? My husband and I just bought tickets to the Rugby World Cup 2023, France! It's 2.5 years away but I am hopeful and determined to make it. We are going with a group of friends that we have attended tournaments with in Canada and in the US. I have been cautiously not planning more than 3 months in advance but we had to buy these tickets now (they are almost sold out).

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited March 2021

Way to go, Jen! Congratulations!

Love from PatGMc

• sunshine99
    edited March 2021

aprilgirl, I hear you about not planning things more than three months out. I feel like I have to say, "Let's wait for my next scans and then we'll see." I know you get that...

Congrats on buying the tickets. And for FRANCE! That's so exciting. I hope I'm around and we can travel to France again. I have so many United Miles to use - we could both go First Class! Wouldn't that be fun?

My next scans are at the end of this month. I've been hurting more, but I'm hoping they just tell me that I'm old and it's just arthritis. (Who are you calling "old"??? I'm 62!!! - hahaha)

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited March 2021

Fantastic, JEN!! On to year SIX!!!

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2021

Fantastic news Jen! Congratulations!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2021

WOOHOO Jensgotthis !!!!!!

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2021

Great news Jen!!! Happy for you!

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited March 2021

jensgotthis - Great news! 👍

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited March 2021

Congrats Jen!

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719
    edited March 2021

yip Jen!

• RosieRed
    edited March 2021

Awesome news, Jen! Happy for you.

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2021

Jen wonderful news

• jensgotthis
    edited March 2021

Thank you everyone for celebrating with me. Iu means so much to me.

April, it’s wonderful that you’ve planned this trip to France. I’m of the mind to make big plans out in the future like you. Having something to look forward to is huge for me. I just buy travel insurance now kol

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited March 2021

congratulations 🎊🎉🍾🎈 Jen

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited March 2021

great news Jen!!! Congratulations:)

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2021

Congrats Jen! 🎉 Celebrate your great news! Hopefully travel will be getting closer to normal soon.