Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage IV NED crew : lets support each other

Options

Comments

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited October 2015
    Options

Perfect song Boo. I can just see you dancing like crazy!

• screech
    screech Member Posts: 62
    edited October 2015
    Options

yay Boo! Hopefully I'll be dancing along with you. saw my onc today and all seems well on the surface. I get my six month pet next Thursday and then the results not until November 9-I have to go out of town. Its going to be suspenseful for sure.

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited October 2015
    Options

Great new Boo!

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited October 2015
    Options

Had tumor markers done yesterday and waiting for those results along with waiting for a call to get a PTscan scheduled to double-check a random lymph node in the groin that lit up last time (my cancer spread by blood not lymph nodes so it would be really weird if it popped back up there) I will feel a little bit better that my NED status is remaining if the markers come back good on Monday/Tuesday.

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 493
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi NED gals!

I have never visited this thread before, but came across this article while surfing and thought I would share it in case you have not seen it. More good news for you NED ladies! Hope to join you some day.

http://www.cancernetwork.com/breast-cancer/mbc-patients-who-attain-no-evidence-disease-live-longer

• KiwiCatMom
    edited October 2015
    Options

Fingers crossed for good markers, NBNotes!

Thanks for the link, Jobur!

• Texasrose53
    Texasrose53 Member Posts: 290
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hey Jobur, read the article that you shared. It definitely gives me hope with my NED status. THANKS for sharing!

• nbnotes
    edited October 2015
    Options

Jobur -- That article is definitely a reason for women to fight for treatment of the primary tumor especially if their metastasis is only in one site as mine was. I have always been thankful that we didn't realize I was stage IV until after my mastectomy b/c they so often don't do mastectomies for stage IV's, but that article & the full research article at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cncr.29681/full indicate that there is some benefit to treatment there. Sorry for my little tangent..... but this just really interested me.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited October 2015
    Options

That's great info, NBNotes. And Jobur, the article gives me hope.

• Boo123
    Boo123 Member Posts: 119
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks Jobur, food for thought there...and NBNotes. positive thoughts coming your way...

Boo

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 493
    edited October 2015
    Options

nbnotes, I found that interesting as well. I have always been a little pissed that my mets were not discovered until after surgery despite having (at least in retrospect) pretty obvious symptoms. Makes me feel a little better to see some indication that treating the primary may be advantageous. I was also interested to read that presenting with de novo mets made reaching NED status more likely.

KCM, Good!!

• KiwiCatMom
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi all,

I have to tell this story somewhere... A woman I know who is very active in her church asked me if she could do something for me and I agreed to it. She and her friends have a quilting circle that is affiliated with the churches in the area. They made me a prayer quilt. Every one who ties a knot says a prayer for me. She wanted to know what I wanted, and I said, courage, strength, and remission. I received the quilt today and it's stunning. They had asked me what colours I liked, and they delivered. And it has many threads and knots. It's also been to the local parishes to be blessed by the vicars. I am beyond humbled and honoured that they would do something like this for me - most of them don't even know me but still donated their time and love for a quilt for me. Note that I practice Buddhism and am not a member of any of these churches. Yet, still they were happy to do this. Made me tear up a bit when they delivered it. :) So here's to remission! Pic of the quilt below. It's even prettier in person; more vibrant.

• Boo123
    edited October 2015
    Options

Kiwi, that is a beautiful quilt and a beautiful storey. I am especially humbled to hear that so many people created this beautiful thing for someone who has their own life views and follows a different pathway. I am a humanist and an atheist with an understanding of Bhuddism, but I still see the love and support from those who do have a faith in a god, and this is a wonderful manifestation of such thinking, and much love. What a very special gift, I hope that it helps you and gives you strength and courage on your journey to remission. Love Boo.

• AmyQ
    edited October 2015
    Options

Kiwi, it's very humbling when complete strangers reach out in prayer and love to support you. The quilt is beautiful and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about those lovely women who did this for you. So many awful inhumane stories hit the news, I just wish there were more reports of mans humanity to man.

Thank you for brightening my day.

Amy

• AmyQ
    edited October 2015
    Options

I am no longer enjoying NED status, But I hope to be soon, so I hope you don't mind an interloper here.

Amy

• Texasrose53
    edited October 2015
    Options

Kiwicatmom. Such a beautiful quilt and powerful story!

Amy...praying that you reach a NED status once again!

• annieoakley
    annieoakley Member Posts: 653
    edited October 2015
    Options

Terre, what a beautiful story and beautiful hand made quilt. That is so special, your story is heartwarming to say the least, wow to the kindness of strangers. We already know you have courage and strength so prayers for remission to stay with you forever.

Amy, prayers you'll be dancing with NED again very soon.

• Boo123
    edited October 2015
    Options

Amy, you are very welcome here. I truly hope all who would like to share their thoughts on this thread are welcome, whatever their status. No judgement, we are all in this together. Please continue to share your friendship with us. And Amy, I hope that you reach NED again very soon. let us know how you are getting on in your journey. Love Boo.

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2015
    Options

Boo, I am so happy for you !

Terre, that is such a beautiful quilt, and so wonderful that these women wanted to do something special for you.

Amy, hoping you and NED are back together very soon.

• Cafelovr
    Cafelovr Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2015
    Options

Just got scanned. NED, baby!! 5 years and counting!

• Texasrose53
    edited October 2015
    Options

Congrats Linda!!! That is awesome news!

• Boo123
    edited October 2015
    Options

Yeay Cafe! That's the kind of news that I always want to hear! Well done and hope things always stay that way for you! Boo :-)

• AmyQ
    edited October 2015
    Options

Yay Linda - I wish you 5 + more years of NED.

Amy

• KiwiCatMom
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks for your nice comments. I wasn't sure if I should post or not, but felt the need to share since it was just so mind-blowing.

LindaJ - WHOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing the happy dance with you.

Amy, I don't see you as an interloper and am glad you're here. We'll be doing the happy dance for you soon, I'm sure of it.

Hugs to all,

Terre

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,802
    edited October 2015
    Options

cafelvr,

If I could do cartwheels I would! Congratulations and wishing you many, many more good years.

Caryn

• nbnotes
    edited October 2015
    Options

Tumor markers are still good; guess I'm staying on this board at least until my next PTscan.

• AmyQ
    edited October 2015
    Options

Good news Nancy. Thanks for sharing.

Amy

• Boo123
    edited October 2015
    Options

Yeay Nancy, so pleased for your stable tumour markers and fingers crossed for a good scan - and you will always be welcome on this board! Love Boo xx

• KiwiCatMom
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hooray Nancy!

• Texasrose53
    edited October 2015
    Options

Awesome news Nancy!