Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Apocrine tumor

Options
Happymamaw1
Happymamaw1 Member Posts: 1

I was originally diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma in Feb. 2015. My cancer was triple negative. I had a lumpectomy . However the tumor tested to be apocrine tumor. I can't find much research on tthis type. My treatment plan is 16 weeks chemo. 12 of taxol weekly and 4 treatments three weeks apart of A/C. Then a month of radiation . Has anyone else had this type of tumor? I understand the aggressive ness of triple negative just wondering if type of tumor makes it more or less aggressive. Thanks for any input.

Comments

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hello Happy, Iam so glad you have found this website. I have not heard of this type of tumor, hopefully someone else who has will repond soon. I am also triple negative, there is a wonderful thread here called...."Calling all TNs", where you will find others with TN diagnosis. We are just a great bunch of ladies! and some men too, who are so wonderful they post for their wives. Please check it out, there is so much information and support there. I am sorry you have to go thru all this, but please know there can be good health on the other side. Hugs to you

• Ka-cey
    Ka-cey Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hello Happy. I was diagnosed in Feb. 2010 with Apocrine Invasive Carcinoma and was treated with Lumpectomy followed by 4 sessions of ACT and then radiation. I agree that there is very little information on this type of tumor. I recall reading that it is a less aggressive type of tumor, but I cannot recall where I came across that information. I agree with Meadow, check out "Calling all TNs". the ladies are wonderful and very supportive.

I wish you well.

• NATSGSG
    NATSGSG Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2015
    Options

Happymamaw1:

Hope you are getting better...I'm visiting your thread to share with you a link that contains scientific articles of Apocrine tumor of the breast that I hope will be of use and helpful to you. You may need to sift through the titles and find the ones of interests and pertinent to you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=Apocrine+tumor+of+the+breasthttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=Invasive+Ductal+Micropapillary+Carcinoma

In the meantime, please consider going to this site, the Society for Immunotherapy for Cancer (SITU) and see if they have anything on this disease using immunotherapy (current hot topic in cancer treatment) to treat it. Consider asking them to put you in their mailing list for any latest development.

http://www.sitcancer.org/sitc-meetings/presentations?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=April%20IM&utm_campaign=IM%20PL%20edu%20Opps

PPS. This VIDEO link tells you what the current hot topic in cancer treatment, Immunotherapy is. Fascinating to watch.

http://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?Live=15875&bhcp=1 

• Moleary
    Moleary Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Options

I also just received this diagnosis. IDC with apocrine features. I agree with you - there is not much research out there on this rare form of triple negative. Have you found any good resources to help understand this type of cancer that I could reference?

Thank-you!

• LilyJune
    LilyJune Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2016
    Options

Just got through second mammo since diagnosis. Hooray! Triple negative with Apocrine BC. No node involvement. Grade 2. Gave up on research papers. The numbers are so low that the results are meaningless. The results need to be collected together as a massive computer project.. Very happy to donate med info to research. Good luck to all.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,929
    edited February 2016
    Options

Dear LilyJune, Welcome to the boards. Thanks for sharing your story. Stay connected here and keep us posted. The mods

• LilyJune
    LilyJune Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    Options

Just letting you know that I am still alive and well with no recurrence as a Triple Negative/Aprocrine breast cancer lady, 3 years after diagnosis. Hope that another sufferer of this gets encouragement from this posting. I thank Breastcancer.org for the opportunity to post this as stats for Apocrine are very sparse and so are unreliable. The more sufferers that post the more accurately we can be treated,

• Angyyyyyyyyy
    Angyyyyyyyyy Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hola yo también fui diagnosticada con carcinoma apocrino triple negativo y actualmente me encuentro en tratamiento. Espero que todas se encuentren bien , les mandó saludos y bendiciones

• rollercoaster451
    rollercoaster451 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2020
    Options

Thank you for sharing this. I just received my pathology report invasive carcinoma with apocrine features, ER/PR negative and no results on HER2 yet. I am having a hard time fining any information on apocrine so I'm happy to see this. Any advice for me based on your experience? The pathology report also says definitive histologic classification deferred to examination of resection specimen. I'm meeting with a surgeon tomorrow I'm assuming the fist step is a lumpectomy. Thank you in advance for any advice!!!