Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pictures of Breast Reconstruction

Options

Comments

• AliceKo
    AliceKo Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2018
    Options

Not sure how to proceed. Has anyone decided to operate on the unaffected breast and if you could share your experience?

I had a unilateral skin sparing mastectomy june 2017 with immediate tissue expander reconstruction. Exchange in Dec 2017.

The breasts look good in a bra. Without the bra they look bad. the reconstructed side is up, strange shape, ripppling from my chest muscles, developed a sharp looking protrusion, it's the pocket too big or something. of course they told me that to achieve symmetry, it would be best to remove both breasts and that for unilateral mastectomy autologous transplant would produce a better match. I was not sure I could handle that. The PS plan is to do a small implant on the other breast or a benelli lift (doughnut hole), nipple reconstruction and tattoo. I am afraid to lose sensation in the other breast if I operate on it, and I really don't want to do an implant. But I would love to be able to look at myself while showering and looking like it's not perfect and real, but somehow ok, It's not ok right now. Not just, "oh, I accept myself. I like myself in whatever shape or form" and if I thought this way, I would not be in reconstruction. I feel like I need to do it for myself, but I also need to do it with minimum damage.

• lanne2389
    lanne2389 Member Posts: 220
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi AliceKo - you might ask Whippetmom on the Breast Reconstruction / Breast Implant Sizing 101 board what she thinks might be the problem with your implant. Fixing that seems the first order of business.

I had a BMX (left was prophylactic) with TEs put in and am deciding now whether to do an implant exchange or DIEP using my existing pockets. I'm leaning toward DIEP. It would be harder in the very short term (2 months) but I think better for me long term (20 years). I've just not had a good experience with TEs.

I don't think you need to REMOVE both breasts to get a decent result but you may need to have a little work done on your non-implant side to get the best result. A good PS should walk your through your choices. You might consider getting a second opinion, especially if your current one is leaving you perplexed

Lanne

• Lula73
    Lula73 Member Posts: 705
    edited April 2018
    Options

StarlitMomMom- oh, sweetheart, I am so sorry you’re not happy with the results. And his comment leads me to believe that PS either was very new to doing DIEP flap or doesn’t do many of them. It sounds like the scars may have keloided. I’ve said for a while now that you’ve got to see that surgeon’s before & afters and be happy to have those results for yourself (not just happy with them considering you’ve had BC). If no pics, I’m marking them off my list. If not happy with the pics, I’m marking them off my list. You have to figure they’re going to put up their best work in those photos. If their best is your nightmare, keep looking. If they don’t have more than a handful of photo sets for you to view, odds are they don’t do enough flap surgeries. There are several PSs that post their pics online and from what I’ve seen there, I have to wonder why on earth they would ever even post those photos if that’s their best and wonder how many people actually call them for a consult after viewing them. Many don’t understand traveling for recon especially if there’s a surgeon more local that does them..well a situation like yours where you were told one thing but obviously ended up with a minimally experienced surgeon is why. If you ever decide you want to look into revisions, check out the docs in NOLA or Dr Massey in Charleston. These docs do more flap surgeries than anyone else, focus on quality looking/feeling outcomes (not just you look fine in clothes what’s the problem?), and are the ones who are willing and able to successfully correct other PS’s botched jobs.

www.breastcenter.com

www.drmarga.com

• Lula73
    edited April 2018
    Options

AliceKO- I know the docs in NOLA recently did a uni recon where the patient wanted the DIEP breast to match her (in her words) “saggy old lady other breast” -she is in her 40’s. And they did it and she’s happy with the result. So no, they don’t have to touch the unaffected breast to make them match, however it takes superior skill to achieve it.

• chicklet
    chicklet Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    Options

Received a deip flap reconstruction 2 years ago still having "repair   surgery". going on surgery 5. I do believe this surgery should be geared towards before 40 years old(and I would not like any age to ever get this sickness),but  before 40 years old your body will be able to bounce back better. Your body in your 40 and 50 's is going through a lot of changes ,physically ,physiologically because your body is going through so much at this time in your life.  I truly wish I had just had them taken off and be done with I. I was 52 years old when it was done. My body is going through menopause, the meds they give you drain your hormones also and it is a challenge to get through the weaknesses of your physical body w/o a major surgery in your 40's and 50's. I  had taken a bit more time to figure out and study but you are given such a time limit because no one knows how to properly give you the right info of time as everything is an emergency to get it done right away even though you are DCIS mode. I could have taken a little bit more time and I understand some people can't. The tummy work sucks you right in but it is not what it sounds like. Your stomach below your breasts is so bloated from the rearranging of the digestive system it is so hard to feel comfortable especially when trying to sleep. I have to take sleep meds every nite or I would not sleep.it is so uncomfortable.. The scar tissue in the breasts  ,under your arms and in your tummy area is so uncomfortable and is their for life. If I had to go back again I would have just had them taken off. It is okay to do that. Your breasts don't define you. I am seriously thinking of having them taken off at this time. Not worth  it. if you do decide to do this surgery go very small-it is fat so if you are prone to gain weight it will affect your upper body like no other.

• Lula73
    edited April 2018
    Options

chicklet-where did you have your DIEP done? If you had rearranging of your digestive system it sounds like they didn’t do DIEP at all but maybe a TRAM flap. That would also fit with having abdominal wall issues. DIEP is literally the skin and fat that is on top of the abdominal muscles. Muscles should never be cut in a true DIEP. And since they’re staying on top of the muscle and not cutting through it there is no rearranging of digestive system. Im so sorry you’re dealing with this. Perhaps it’s time for a second opinion?

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited April 2018
    Options

Actually, chicklet, I have to strongly disagree with you on only offering DIEP flap to younger women. I was 58, an ex-smoker, in decent but not great shape, when I had my bi-lateral mastectomy with immediate Diep flap reconstruction last year. I was walking upright with no problem in less than a week, and I was dancing in high heels at 5 weeks. My plastic surgeon said he had never had a patient heal so quickly. If they had your criteria I would have been forced to have implants or go flat, neither of which are acceptable to me.

As far as the swelling and digestive issues, I would lay odds that you have truncal lymphedema. You need to get to either your oncologist or your primary care doctor and have them refer you to a physical therapist who specializes in lymphedema massage. I have truncal lymphedema and my twice weekly massages keep it from becoming a worse issue than it already is. The relief can be immediate.

I'm sorry you are having so many issues and I hope you get some relief soon.

Trish

• SCGirl50
    SCGirl50 Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2018
    Options

I agree Trishyla. I was 51 when I had my recon. I was back to work in 4 weeks after 3 flaps.

• crossh
    crossh Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience from bilateral mastectomy with prepectoral (above the muscle) alloderm mesh and tissue expander placements reconstruction in the hopes that is can bring some comfort to those about to do the same. I looked for this myself before the procedure and was unable to find anything.

I had my bilateral mastectomy surgery with prepectoral (above the muscle) alloderm mesh and tissue expander placements on November 9, 2018. Spent the night in the hospital, lots of pain meds so not too bad. Everything went well and was released around noon. I came home Saturday with two drains on each side to collect fluids. These drains needed to be emptied as they filled. These were horribly uncomfortable and I could not wait to get them out.

On the following Tuesday I went in for post op and had two removed. On Friday I returned to have the other two removed. (YAY).

I spent that first week basically on the couch resting. My husband was able to work from home, so I was lucky to have him around for anything needed.I was not in much pain, I would describe it more as discomfort. I was on 5 mg valium (for muscle spasms) and tramadol for a couple days but switched to valium and ibuprofen (as needed) and stayed on this for weeks. I work from home on a computer, so I was able to return to work on Thursday, 6 days after surgery. I could work laying on the couch. If I had to go into the office, I would have had to wait longer, as I was very tired for weeks after the surgery.

Week 2 I visited my plastic surgeon and received my first saline injection. I felt nothing during or after.

Week 3 I had my second injection and started to feel some discomfort as the expanders increased.

Week 4 I had my third and final injection. This was all my skin tissue could hold. At this point I felt like I had baseballs under my skin, uncomfortable, but not painful. I had to wait two weeks for tissue expander to silicone implant replacement.

Week 8, on Thursday January 3, I went in for the replacement surgery. It was a 2-3 hour surgery under general anesthesia. I was not in any serious pain, taking tramadol for a couple days, then ibuprofen for a day. By Sunday I was off all meds except antibiotics. My breasts felt SO much better as the silicone implants are soft and mushy. I was able to return to work on Monday (remember I work from home). I did not need any help, and just needed to take it easy and rest. I did have some stomach issues from the antibiotics so went off them on Tuesday.

Week 9 I had a post op visit on Tuesday and everything looks good, healing well. They kind of look like Barbie boobs, only smaller lol. However, I'm disappointed in the size. I was originally a C and am now a B. My PS said he put in the largest size he felt comfortable with because my skin was tight. However, he said as my breasts settle they will stretch some more and I can come back for a larger replacement if I want. He said it's a simple 45 minute surgery to swap the implants, so I will probably do it. I am also considering nipple rebuilding, which he also does. It's a 15 min surgery that you can drive yourself home from. Then tattoo for the finish. He showed me a picture of one of his patients, and they look like real nipples. I have to admit, the decision whether to remove the nipples or not was a hard one. One I made on the table on the way to surgery. But I do not regret it, because it's really easier for my PS to work with a clean slate and I was able to reduce my cancer re-occurrence to 1%.

Today I am 10 weeks post original surgery and feel pretty good. Starting to get some energy back, no pain or discomfort at all. So it was a total of 10 weeks for this entire process, and I was very lucky to have no complications.

• CENOK2017
    CENOK2017 Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi All,

I have had chemo, right MX and then radiation. I am very interested in those of you who have had radiation and then tissue expander with implant. Did any of you have complications due to the radiation beforehand? I know some on here had rads and then TE and implants but there are so many posts I cannot find too many of you.

Also, did any of you have breast reduction on non cancerous breast and TE with implant on cancerous side? Your thoughts on this

Thanks for any advice.

I go to Stephenson Cancer Center in Oklahoma City, OK.

Carol

• Kms2016
    Kms2016 Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi all,

I had my reconstruction completed about 3 weeks ago after having a couple set backs with infections during the TE process. I had to have a lattisimus flap done on the right breast back in June. When I had my final reconstruction with silicone done last month, my surgeon put one size in my left breast and a size 100cc smaller on my flap side (right breast) Now my breasts, to me, are totally noticeable in size difference, but I don’t want to have a 7th surgery to correct that. I’m hoping it relaxes more and looks more even. I want to have nipple reconstruction, but im afraid it’ll look bad with a football shaped scar

• cb2
    cb2 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    Options

Dx Feb 2019, Right breast DCIS (low-intermediate grade) 6cmx3cmx2cm, Stage 0, ER+/PR+ , Age: 39

Had a first consult with oncologist. I am struggling between the treatment choices of a lumpectomy (+radiation + hormone therapy) versus a mastectomy (+hormone therapy to reduce risk to left breast). The risk of invasive recurrence seems quite low for both (6% vs 1%). For lumpectomy the area they have to remove is largish in comparison to the breast size. With lumpectomy there is a possibility of re-excision if the margins are not clear, but overall sounds like recovery times are shorter. With the mastectomy it's one major surgery but longer recovery time. The cosmetic impact of both could be significant. Have yet to meet with a plastic surgeon.

LAstart: you had DCIS >5cm. Why did you opt for mastectomy after the lumpectomy ? How painful and long is the reconstruction and recovery ? How did it affect the area they took the flap from ?

• lastar
    lastar Member Posts: 551
    edited March 2019
    Options

Sending you a PM, cb2.

• Lisanicole
    Lisanicole Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    Options

My surgery is 2 weeks away. I’m sure I will feel the same way post op. I hope that in the end you get really good results.

• fairchild
    fairchild Member Posts: 138
    edited June 2019
    Options

I want to thank whoever created the section with pictures of reconstruction. That's been helpful to me, both before and after my surgery.

I need some help. I never thought I would feel this way, but I'm really unhappy about my reconstructed breasts. I'm not normally the kind of person who particularly cares that much about how I look, but there is something about this that just seems wrong. I had the final implants placed in early March, so I'm a little over 3 months into adapting to them. I finished chemo last December and will finish Herceptin/Perjeta in Sept.

I did have some difficulty during the TE phase. Briefly, after the mastectomy, TE placement, the L breast developed a seroma a few weeks out that burst through the incision. I basically got showered with fluid! About a month later, another seroma developed and was drained again, and then that happened over and over-- developing seromas on the L that she drained each time, only to have another one develop. The interval between removal of the seroma got shorter and shorter, until I was having seromas removed 2x a week. At that point I suggested she just do the exchange (March). At the time of the implant placement, I was found to have an infection and encapsulation on the L side, not surprisingly.

I do understand that it's difficult to reconstruct breasts and match the sizes wanted, but basically what I asked was that my reconstructed breasts be as similar to my B-C cup original breasts. I worried b/c my plastic surgeon seemed really focused on making my breasts larger, and I had multiple conversations with her about this, telling her that I did NOT see this as an opportunity to get bigger breasts!

After surgery, I was surprised to find that my reconstructed breasts are significantly smaller than my tissue expanders were before the implant surgery. Now I'm a slight B cup, whereas before I was closer to a C. This has required me to get clothing altered b/c none of my tops or suits from before surgery actually fit anymore.

But what's more of a concern is wrinkling in both breasts. The skin is folding on both the insides of my breasts and the outsides. It almost looks like the implants were too small for the pockets. The R breast is lower and drifts to the outer part of my chest, whereas the L one is tightly adhered to whatever it's sewn to and sits higher on my chest. Also, the R breast is more spread out than the L one, so that it projects less. This makes them look uneven, even when I have a bra on. And the wrinkling shows even in my bathing suit, which is pretty modest.

I told these concerns to my surgeon, who exclaimed that they were wonderful and she was surprised by my attitude. But when I look at these pictures (and others of reconstructed breasts) I see really stark differences. I felt that she was trying to talk me into liking them better.

I don't know what options I have, and I am beginning to wonder if I have any at all. I do know I should live with them a while longer to allow them to fully heal. But it would be nice, even at this stage, to know if there are any options at all. Do insurance companies cover a second surgery to correct these kinds of problems? What would it cost for me to pay for? And how would I find a surgeon eventually with the skills to fix this? The surgeon who did the reconstruction was highly recommended to me, but in retrospect she's only a few years out of residency. Anyway, I'd appreciate any information about this situation.... Thanks!

• desertpup
    desertpup Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2019
    Options

@Fairchild- This make me SO MAD! How dare your breast surgeon speak to you like that!! Surprised by your attitude? WTF does that even mean? You have the right to be happy and 100% comfortable with your reconstruction and have as many surgeries or fixes that you need! I beleive insurance has to cover this as well. F her! Go find two or three more well recommended surgeons and get more opinions and options.

I had my BMX and reconstruction in January and I too am not thrilled with the results and you can bet your ass we're having a do-over and most likely NOT with the same surgeon. I told him I wanted a B cup like a zillion times. I have D cups. Awesome huh? :) There's website called Realself that is pretty good for finding surgeons and seeing reviews, photos, etc, Give that a try.

• veggal
    veggal Member Posts: 261
    edited June 2019
    Options

Fairchild, it sounds like it's time to abandon your surgeon. Start seeking second opinions. It took visits with 3 more surgeons before I found one who told me something that made it seem like the risks of another surgery was worth it. In the end, it was. 

If your implants are under the pecs, find a surgeon who does pre-pectoral so you can analyze whether that might be a good choice. Also, find someone who does fat grafting, as that procedure can hide ripples and make things appear more natural. 

In the end I traded in my sub pec anatomical, ripple-y implants for pre-pec, round, high profile ones with fat grafting. Ahhhhh, so much better. 

And, BTW, I began seeking second opinions at the 3 month mark. Not much changes after that. 

Good luck!

• HelloThere
    HelloThere Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Options

Is there a thread about post radical lumpectomy reconstruction and revision with fat grafting for those who did not have implants nor diep procedures? I'm only doing fat grafting but need to increase almost a whole cup size. I had reduction and lift on opposite breast and lift on affected breast at the time of lumpectomy to remove 1/3 of my breast. I went from saggy 34DD to now one perky D with two large of an areola (stretched?) and one lopsided C with nipple pointing outward and too far to the side. It's not terrible, and I think they did the best they could on the original surgery considering the amount that had to be removed. But I am researching different plastic surgeons to compare for revision, and will travel anywhere in the United States for a plastic surgeon with the greatest skill for my case.

• AlisonR
    AlisonR Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    Options

I understand there is another picture spot that you need permission to access. I was admitted before but I cant remember how to get there, Anyoine know?

• cannotsay
    cannotsay Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020
    Options

I am opting for a double mastectomy and reconstruction and everyone’s comments about these pictures being “best case scenario “ terrifies me!! I’m 35 and not married yet. I’m not ready for my breasts to look terrible. I’ve searched and searched the Internet and cannot find any other pictures besides the ones above of reconstructed breasts. I’m not sure if maybe I have some sort of built- inparental filters on my phone, but I cannot see pictures of real breasts.

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    edited January 2020
    Options

cannotsay,

Can you open this Powerpoint presentation? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so...

This site has a lot of pictures of different types of reconstruction: https://www.breastreconstructiondenver.com/before-...

This one only has pictures of GAP type procedures: https://centerforbreastreconstruction.com/before-a...

• kaaadams
    kaaadams Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2020
    Options

I had a skin sparing DIEP flap right mastectomy. It was way more painful due to the tummy tuck than I expected, but that part has been a good result. Unfortunately, I had a bleed in my foob same day as surgery and had to go back into surgery. Sixmonths later, I had to go back to decrease the foob size and volume with liposuction and excision. Now, it's a much larger scar extending all the way around and under my arm. Then some stitches busted day #1 post and I had to go in and get restitched. The surgeon apologized frequently that time. I'm discouraged. Losing my nipple and aureola was bad enough, but now it's required 4 surgeries, instead of one. I want to get nipple reconstruction, but I don't really trust my surgeon, plus he says they all go flat over time. How long do they stay put ladies, from your experience or what you'v been told? Also, I'm 59 and now the surgeon says I could benefit from a lift on my left breast before nipple placement, because the foob won't droop with age like a normal breast. I've been married 33 years and my husband and I are good, and I'm doing things for my own satisfaction. Please advise, I appreciate it. PS - I'm thinking maybe a full tattoo may be best. Not a 3D nipple, but something beautiful to cover the scars and commemorate my conquering breast cancer.

• lastar
    edited March 2020
    Options

kaadams, my nipples were done in NOLA where they do an origami fold to create the nipple. I had "baby prominence" meaning that they don't stick out much (I didn't want eternal headlights in case I went braless). It's been 8 years and they are not flat. I never got tattoos because they look fine without.

• Lala55
    Lala55 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi

I am very keen to have direct to implant reconstruction instead of expanders. I can't find a PS in San Diego who does this.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

• ChrisJack1
    ChrisJack1 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2021
    Options

Very small breasted and was told, after I pushed PS that my breast was going to look pretty darn fake out of clothes . Plus, I can't just be an A as I was previously even smaller than that and I'd have to go w a full B or small C because the smaller implant had a foot print too small. He said it would also sit real high. I'm 5'9" and 120 and very boney up top. No flesh for flap sadly. So it's silicone or nothing. I'm so lost. I'm waiting for surgery to be scheduled now, a nipple and skin sparing masectomy. I always wanted boobs but not like this. I was also told even sub pectoral placement will result in a lot of rippling. Ugg. Am depressed and confused.

• waves2stars
    waves2stars Member Posts: 107
    edited August 2021
    Options

That sucks. I’m not sure any of the surgery ever looks as good as nonBS augmentation. Can you get a second opinion? Maybe you can get a revision later?

• crushedselfesteem
    crushedselfesteem Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021
    Options

November will be 1 year since my "lumpectomy". I went into surgery with a G cup. No I didn't want to come out a G but the surgeon and I agreed on reconstruction/reduction of both breast to be DD's. I can't even fill up a B. I have always had large breast and now I don't feel like "me". It's been hard enough to go through breast cancer and the treatments that go with it, but now I have to deal with low self esteem and a surgeon that I no longer trust. From the first time I saw him, I told him that I didn't want implants. I actually told him that I wanted both breast removed and to reconstruct with my own tissue Yes, diep flap. He said "let's remove the cancer and reconstruct to DD's. That way if you're not satisfied, I can always fix it but there's nothing I can do if we start with this flap surgery.". He didn't even tell my husband that I was much smaller than we discussed. And never did say why during my following visits as to why. Every time I've been back, he talks about implants. This last visit was a nightmare! He started with implants again! He said something about a D size implant. He dropped it from the DD. And again, I refused. He started ranting about it being an 8-10 hour surgery. Then, he pointed to my husband and said "is he the reason you want bigger breast?". I was mortified! I told him this was all about me and no one else. He walked over to my husband, who was in total disbelief and speechless, and asks him if he ever tells me that I'm pretty and that he should tell me that ever day. He proceeded to talk to him like I was not even in the room. The only reason he gave for not wanting to do the surgery was the time it would take, "She'll be under for 8-10 hours. I'll have to take all of the breast tissue. Insurance is not going to pay for that surgery. ". Well...he's already taken most of my breast tissue. Probably a third of what I do have is scar tissue. He said he couldn't do anything for a year from my last radiation treatment and he would see us in March. I didn't even stop at the receptionist's desk to make an appointment. I was a total mess! I had a four hour ride home from Emory in Atlanta and all I could do was cry. My surgeon is actually the department head. There's not another surgeon there that will touch me. He came highly recommended and yes, he did an excellent job as far as the scars and everything, except the size. I have searched for another experienced, highly qualified surgeon. But when I look within the radius of 200 or so miles, even the names of surgeons come up that have maimed several women in my area. I've actually talked to and even see some of these women. This is my dilemma! How do I find the right surgeon for me? Will insurance pay for this mess to be fixed? So sorry for the long post. I would truly appreciate any help

• lastar
    edited October 2021
    Options

I'm so sorry for your experience, crushedselfesteem. I don't know if Dr. Marga Massey is still practicing in Charleston, but in 2015 she did my DIEP after a failed 2012 SGAP and she was wonderful, respectful, and talented. https://www.drmarga.com/

• Fleurdavril
    Fleurdavril Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2022
    Options

So refreshing to hear that! My PS told me "my job is to make you look good in clothing". I left and never came back.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited May 2022
    Options

BCO exposed our image data possibly for years. Please read.

——

Breast Cancer Support Organization Leaks Data Despite Multiple Notifications?

Update: After posting this, tweeting this story, and getting retweets on it, it appears that as of late yesterday, the bucket was finally secured. Thanks to SafeyDetectives who kept re-checking the bucket and to everyone who tried to call attention to this to get the data locked down. DataBreaches did not get any acknowledgement or response from BreastCancer.org — at least not yet. DataBreaches has not changed its opinion that an investigation is needed to determine for how long these data were exposed, whether they were accessed and downloaded, and why BreastCancer.org failed to respond to multiple notifications over a period of five months.

SafetyDetectives recently reported that Breastcancer.org has been exposing sensitive information in a misconfigured AWS bucket. According to their report, exposed data included more than 50,000 registered user avatars and more than 300,000 post images with EXIF data.

Some post images featured sensitive content that felt as though it was intended for private viewing. For example, there were results from medical tests and images of nudity (most likely taken for medical purposes) included among the files — contents that a user would not typically post publicly.

The data may have been exposed for years.

Read more on SafetyDetectives.

One point that wasn't clear from SafetyDetectives' report was whether the bucket had been secured. SafetyDetective started reaching out to BreastCancer.org in November of 2021. They describe their multiple efforts but no outcome was reported. DataBreaches reached out to SafetyDetectives and received the following reply:

… unfortunately the bucket is still unsecured, we tried reaching the organization several times to different email addresses (including their privacy email, CEO, and basically all the people on their about page), we even reached out via social media (we tried reaching them publishing a post, because they don't accept private messages), but they haven't reply back. We reached out to the US CERT but they didn't reply and AWS did reply, but the thing is that they cannot actually secure the bucket, but to tell the owner that they need to secure it.
    We published our report hoping that they would reach out to us to secure it but they haven't gotten back to us yet.

So more than 5 months after responsible disclosure attempts began, the bucket was still unsecured. DataBreaches reached out to BreastCancer.org through their website contact form, and like SafetyDetectives, got no reply.

DataBreaches left them a second message on their site telling them that we would be reporting in 48 hours and to lock down their data. There was no reply and the bucket was not secured.

At 8:00 am this morning, DataBreaches left a voicemail on their office phone. It reiterated that people had been notifying them for months but they had failed to lock down their Amazon storage bucket and that DataBreaches would be reporting on it this afternoon.

Still nothing, it seems.

The organization's privacy policy page contains this statement:

How We Protect Your Information

We use reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the information that we have about you from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, access, modification, or destruction. We also require third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information to maintain security measures in accordance with industry standards.
    Although we have security safeguards in place, we cannot guarantee absolute security in all situations. If you have any questions about our security practices, please contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section. For your own security, please do not send any confidential personal information to us outside of our Services. It is also important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.

Except that they don't respond to contacts.

Pennsylvania regulators need to look into both the lack of security and BreastCancer.org's failure to respond to repeated notifications that they were exposing personal and sensitive information.

If you wish to contact the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office to file a consumer complaint, you can find information and an online complaint form linked from here.

If anyone has a contact at BreastCancer.org or has influence with them, perhaps you could reach out, contact them, and tell them to lock down all that sensitive information already!

And if you ever used their site and shared personal and/or sensitive data, perhaps you should contact them and demand that they secure your data.