Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pictures of Breast Reconstruction

Options
1235»

Comments

• chuckee1104
    chuckee1104 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2022
    Options

Oh wow!!! Just saw this information. Was coming here to get some feedback on my upcoming mastectomy.

• scifi_chick
    scifi_chick Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022
    Options

My breast reconstruction is a disaster. My plastic surgeon won't respond to my requests for an appointment, so I'm researching going elsewhere. I lost a lot of weight after the surgery, due to a different illness, so now my implant is bigger than my natural breast. I'm in pain all the time. It's ugly. It's tight. The muscles hurt. I hope my next plastic surgeon can offer better options. I'm starting to think I should have gone with saline instead of silicone. I hate having surgery, but my QOL is really affected by this, so I don't think I have a choice.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited July 2022
    Options

Dear scifi_chick,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry for these complications to your reconstruction and the difficulty that they are bringing to you. We are glad that you found us. Despite some recent activity on this topic it has been quiet in between posts. You may consider going to back to the forum - main page https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/44 and starting a new topic that describes your situation. It may offer you more visibility and others who can share their stories with you. Let us know if we can offer any assistance.

The Mods

• scifi_chick
    scifi_chick Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks. I will do that.