Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dimples / indents under both breasts

Options
SoScared75
SoScared75 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2021 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Does anyone have any experience with dimples / indents under both breasts? I have about 4 or 5 under each of mine. They aren't visible when I stand normally, but are visible when I lean forward with a mirror under them. I have now seen three different doctors over them and none of them are concerned yet I am terrified. All three doctors examined me and couldn't feel any lumps at all and have said its just the way my breasts are. I noticed them about 10 months ago and wasn't worried about them at the time but now I know they area sign of breast cancer. What are the chances of having it in both breasts at the same time, showing in the same way?

Comments

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Why do you not trust three different doctors? What would convince you they are right?
  • SoScared75
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi, I think it's because they are just gp's rather than experts in breast cancer. And what else would cause dimples / dents other than cancer?? I am so scared that it's cancer and that my doctors don't know what to look for.

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited May 2015
    Options

SoScared - it can be hard to trust even the most reasonable diagnosis when what we see and feel doesn't make any sense. Given the description you supplied in your original post, though, I personally would feel confident in my doctors' assessments:

"I have about 4 or 5 under each of mine. They aren't visible when I stand normally, but are visible when I lean forward with a mirror under them."

I have had dimples/tethering like that, too, for many years. As I've gotten older and my breast tissue had changed, I've seen the skin/ligaments/muscle structure change, too - do what appears to be dimpling/tethering on me is a normal process of aging. Breast dimpling associated with cancer isn't usually bilateral and symmetrical (in your case, in the same place, under your breasts). And dimpling can be a sign of so many things besides cancer. Please try not to get too focused on that one possibility.

If you're still concerned you can see a breast surgeon for another opinion

• SoScared75
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi NancyHB, thank you so much for your reply. I am reassured to hear that you get similar dimples / indents in your breasts and that they're not a warning sign for you. I have asked so many friends of mine and they don't have them. So the fact that they are showing in both of mine, should be a good sign? Not a sign of cancer in both?

• YoyeLara
    YoyeLara Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Options

I have a dimple/indentation in both breasts. Inner/lower side. My doctor recommended a mammogram and ultrasound. I'm hoping it's not cancer.

The indentations are about 1 inch long and pull the skin inward. They only appear when I lift my arms and when I lean forward the shape of my right breast with the deeper indentation looks diagonally flat. Like a retraction of skin.

I'll keep posting as I get checked. I'm worried and scared.

I read this on the internet. I hope is true: "Dimpling as a sign of breast cancer tends to occur in only one breast. If dimpling affects both breasts, the person probably does not have breast cancer".