Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo September 2015; join us!

Options

Comments

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

hugs, Tessu! That must be hard! Hope it is nothing, but I am sure it is very difficult.

• tessu
    tessu Member Posts: 1,294
    Options

Thanks, octogirl. I’ve had so many (so far) false alarms that I’m starting to get numb to them. Positive effect: they’ve prompted me to pamper myself a lot more (buy stuff I want even before it goes on sale) and travel as much as I can. I try to keep myself busy so there’s not much time to think about ”things”. I of course hope like heck this lump is also a false alarm, but there’s nothing I can do about it nowif it’s not. Leaving soon with husband on a group trip to western Canada, then soon after that by myself to Japan. And hopefully London next fall...

I hope you - and everybody else here - are well and enjoying the start of summer :)

• cajunqueen15
    cajunqueen15 Member Posts: 689
    Options

tessu I wish they would just biopsy the thing for your peace of mind. Anyone who has ever had cancer knows the waiting is the worst. Hugs.

• jojo0529
    jojo0529 Member Posts: 56
    Options

Prayers for you tessu. I hope you get a biopsy for peace of mind

• Cinque
    Cinque Member Posts: 150
    Options

Everything crossed for you that it's nothing. I've had to have one biopsy since treatment ended and it turned out to be nothing. This is something we all have to live with. I've adopted the same attitude as you Tessu. I've travelled so much and had so many good times since my treatment ended....we have no control over what will be...maybe it will come back, maybe it won't. Let's hope it's the later. Enjoy Japan and continue to pamper yourself. Much love to you xxx

• tessu
    Options

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! You ladies are awesome!!! Cajunqueen you nailed it - ”Anyone who has ever had cancer knows the waiting is the worst.” Planning a busy fun summer to help the time fly by :)

• el_tigre
    el_tigre Member Posts: 453
    Options

Hugs Tessu! Waiting is most definitely the WORST!

Good idea plan away!

• tkemp67
    tkemp67 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Hello to all

So glad to read over posts and find everyone doing pretty good. God is Good!!!

• motherofmany
    motherofmany Member Posts: 38
    Options

Hi Tess,

you need to complain of pain or did comfort but make sure they do an pet/ct or mri...best 💕

• tessu
    Options

I had a new oncologist for my 4-yr control. The breast lump I posted about last spring (and have been worrying about for months) again did not show up on mammogram or ultrasound. So this new doc just went ahead and ordered an MRI,which I got one week later - and the result is normal - no sign of cancer or anything else to worry about! What a HUGE relief! Blood work was also ok. Yay!

I am usually shy and very scared of doing anything “in front of people”, but a friend from my local support group talked me into joining her as a model for our local cancer society’s annual Pink Ribbon Fashion Show to help raise money for breast cancer research. I was scared at first, but all went well, and overall it was fun. So I’ve already volunteered for next year :)

Wishing everybody a happy and healthy autumn :)

• Cinque
    Options

That's wonderful news and how great that you are going to model, I just know you are going to be great.

I cannot believe we are coming up to 4 years. I noticed some changes in my 'naughty' breast and I must admit I thought the worst I was due to go on holidays and thought I would put off checking it out until I returned. Then I thought that would be foolish. I had my scans and they all looked good, I have my appointment in November with my radiologist I've been assured I have nothing to worry about.

So I am currently in Italy living my best life.

I urge you all to keep on top of your checkups and check anything out you are worried about, we've fought hard to get this far.

Enjoy your modelling day and keep well xxx

Maria

• octogirl
    Options

Tess, I'd love to come see you model someday! Glad the 4 year check ups went fine....

Meanwhile, I moved to New Mexico, which I love, have a new MO, also great...

Hope all are well

Octogirl

• tkemp67
    Options

Hello

I was just checking in to see how everyone is doing, we are going on 5 years and I could not have made it through without all of you!!! I am hoping and praying all of you ladies are healthy and happy and doing great.

Would love to hear back .

Tina

• tessu
    Options

Hi!

Life is pretty good right now. Happily retired, lots of time for crafts and reading. Not doing so well with exercise (shows at my waistline - ugh!) but at least regular pilates has kept me flexible. Husband and I have done a lot of traveling these past few years, but with this corona virus scare, we're planning on being homebodies for awhile now. Taking oneday at a time. I've met enough women with recurrent disease to realize that if that happens, life will still go on, maybe for quite a while.

Wishing everybody here a happy 2020!

• tkemp67
    Options

tessu,

That's great news, so very glad you are doing well!!! Traveling sounds nice, but I agree my plans are to stay close to home until this horrible virus has gone/slowed down. Enjoy retirement.

• countryfrenchrose
    countryfrenchrose Member Posts: 37
    Options

Hello Tessu, 

I hope all is going well for you. Has this virus reached Finland?

Best always,

Ju

• countryfrenchrose
    countryfrenchrose Member Posts: 37
    Options

Dear Maria,

How are you doing In Italy? My sincere hope for improvement in reports out of Italy. Prayers are with you and that wonderful country.

Juli

• here2win
    here2win Member Posts: 15
    Options

Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy and happy during this global pandemic. I can't believe we are coming upon that 5 yr mark.

I just had my 4.5 year check yesterday, all is good. My oncologist said she would send my tumor in for indexing since the hospital didn't do that at the time of surgery. Once it has been tested, she would be able to let me know if the Letrozole I am taking is helping or not. If it is, I would continue the Letrozole for another 5 years, and if its not, I could go off of it.

Just curious what others are thinking of doing at the 5 year mark? Any changes in treatment? I am really hoping I can be done with the Letrozole, it makes for some very achy joints!

Best to all of you!!

Janet

Happy

• el_tigre
    Options

Hello ALL!

I celebrate my anniversary from my diagnosis date. Today is my 5 yr!

The treat plan was Lupron / Letrozole until Sept 2020 then switch to Tamoxifen for 5 more years.

As for changes in treatment I have a hiccup with borderline Large Granular Leukemia (unknown cause wait and see disorder). So we are changing my treatment by ending lupron 3 months early and switching to tamoxifen from Letrozole.

here2win - I hope you receive good news and get to switch off to letrozole.:)

I hope everyone else is doing Great and I look forward to seeing your posts!

• Cinque
    Options

Hello I only just saw your post. I'm Italian but live in Australia and as your probably know we have fared quite well during this crisis. We do get to Italy regularly, definitely my happy place, and our families in the South are all well. Our hometowns have no cases, which is fortunate as they simply have not got the infrastructure to cope. How are things with you?

• octogirl
    Options

Hi all:

I am coming up on my five year mark soon as well....at my recent appointment my MO made a comment about quitting the letrozole after five years on it, but to be honest, my side effects have been minimal to non-existent, and I am thinking I will ask her about ten years...

Other than that life goes on, amid all the current weirdness, and I am well. Hope you all are too!

Love to all;

Octogirl

• Cat_Lover
    Cat_Lover Member Posts: 5
    Options

Just stopping in to say hi and I'm happy to see everyone is doing well. I'm doing great! I probably haven't posted anything since 2015/2016. Not real big on posting, I would read a lot of posts over the past, almost 5 years since we started Chemo. It seems like a life time ago, the time flew by. I pray we all remain healthy! God bless and be with all of you ladies!

Smile

• tkemp67
    Options

El _Tigre

I signed on today to check on everyone!!!

Congrats on hitting the 5 year mark. Tomorrow August 8th will be 5 years, I m so grateful to God for keeping me around!!

So sorry to here you have been diagnosis with borderline Large Granular Leukemia, I will definitely be praying for you. You will be ok, You are TOUGH!!! YOU KICKED BREAST CANCERS A$$ and you will do it again.

Hope you and your family are staying safe and well otherwise, COVID has hurt a lot of people, Not sure how any one else feels but the anxiety, fear and the unknown brings back memories of being told I had cancer.

But on a good note we all have a lot to be thankful for....

Tina

• el_tigre
    Options

Thanks Tina!! I will kick it's a$$ definitely! Congrats on your 5 years as well! Yes major anxiety but we have gotten out a lil and gone camping tons!

Octogirl - congrats on your upcoming 5 yrs!

• tkemp67
    Options

Hello everyone

I am hoping everyone is doing Ok and staying safe.

Who would have thought this pandemic would last this long much less still be going strong causing so much sickness and death.

I have read so much about the covid vaccine, good and bad and lines are very blurred for me currently!!! Primary doctor has said simply GET IT.

Breast surgeon's nurse responded Doctor got vaccine and is recommending all patients get it unless there are are contradictions with my meds. That's why I emailed the doctor.

Oncologist's nurse responded with ..........Doctor is advising all patients to get the vaccine. Unfortunately, we have not data on how or if it will protect people such as yourself, cancer patients with auto immune disorders.

I am very confused, and just not sure what to do, I live in a very rural area of Virginia and the cases are surging as we speak. I am scared of Covid and scared of the vaccine.

We have been social distancing, even from family since March 2020. I have not been in a store since March 2020. I have

missed so many moments with my grandchildren this past year, just trying to be careful, I couldnt live with myself if I gave it to someone and they got really sick or died.

Sorry, I am rambling,

Basically I was hoping to get everyone's opinion on vaccine and compare notes on what doctors have told you guys.

thanks for any info you can provide

Tina

• tessu
    Options

I also have an autoimmune disease, pretty quiet since chemo. After reading up on the vaccine, I'm DEFINITELY getting it. Unfortunately such few doses are being shipped to Finland, my turn probably won't come until the end of summer :( Several of my American friends have or are recovering from COVID infection, and I don't want to suffer like that. So this year will be a continuation of shelter-at-home for me.

• tessu
    Options

Yesterday I had laparoscopic surgery to remove both ovaries - finally. My 5-yr breast cancer check-up was in the clear, but a whole-body TT scan to try to solve periodic temperature elevations since late spring (not quite fevers but not normal) revealed a cystic growth on my right ovary - in November - but COVID delayed surgery until now. I have to wait about 3 weeks for pathology. Whether or not it is cancer, it luckily hasn't spread, everythng else looked normal on the TTscan and at the op. So yes it could still be not-cancer. Crossing fingers. GYN and ONC put a hold on my letrozole until pathology hopefully shows it's just a cyst.

Hoping the rest of you are having a better course!

• octogirl
    Options

tessu, it is so wonderful to hear from you but sorry that you are having to play the crazy waiting game for results. Three weeks is a long time to have to wait! Fingers crossed it is indeed just a cyst. Fingers crossed for good results and keep us posted! In the meantime, we are all waiting with you and in your pocket!

xoxox

Octogirl

• tkemp67
    Options

tessu

Really sorry you are having to wait for results, but glad you had the procedure to be on the safe side. Sending Prayers your way.

Tina

• tessu
    Options

OMG OMG the pathology on that huge ovarian cyst operated Jan. 26is completely benign!!!!! Soooooo relieved!!!!!