Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lymph Node Positive Survivors

Options

Comments

• LM070917
    LM070917 Member Posts: 68
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thanks Marijen, yeah you'reright. I'm going to be more assertive and demand the biospy when I see the GS next week. As you say, it's not worth risking 😀

• kerrie389
    kerrie389 Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hello all.

I haven't been on this site for a long time but i remember thinking that if i was lucky enough to be a long time survivor i would come back and post on here.

It has been a little over 7 years since my diagnosis and i am doing very well.

Lots of up's and down's but happy and healthy at the moment.

Kerrie x

• thinkingpositive
    thinkingpositive Member Posts: 564
    edited January 2017
    Options

kerrie389..congrats!! That gives me hope! Continue to do well!!!

• Mom_of_twins
    Mom_of_twins Member Posts: 124
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi everyone! Just wanted to bump this thread up. I started a thread related to response to neoadjuvant chemo, and there's a lot of other women (including myself) who are very nervous about our positive nodes, especially after chemo.

And thanks Kerrie for coming back to post! Brings us so much hope and here's to many more for you!

Would love to hear from others who had positive nodes and are doing well. Thanks!!

• Ellzig
    Ellzig Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'm now nine years out. Still healthy and don't have any restrictions no special diet. I had 1 node with extra capsular extension and lympho vascular invasion "abundantly present" on report. Everything so far is fine! Didn't do harmonals couldn't take the side effects

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited January 2017
    Options

Nearly 5 years out, no chemo, still on hormone therapy, 7 nodes, all fine

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks for the pep talk, 1 year out 10/14 nodes....Cat scan tomorrow for shoulder on/off pain and asymetry seems related to the radiation and bad capsular contracture. Ultra sound was clear in October, one more hurdle because my shoulders stiff, sore, aches bad when I use it, then nothing...doc thinks is radiation scarring, but just to be sure. Here goes....

• hopeful82014
    hopeful82014 Member Posts: 887
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good luck with your scan tomorrow, 7of9. Please update when you have results. Hugs!
  • Ellzig
    Ellzig Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2017
    Options

all the best with your scan results! Hope everything is ok!!

• hopeful82014
    edited January 2017
    Options

Kerrie, belated thanks for coming back and providing your encouraging update. It really does help. All the best to you!

• 7of9
    edited January 2017
    Options

Clear Cat tiday!!! One year and 4 days after surgery for recurrence in axilla. Soreness, less mobility (winter months in ohio to blame) 10/14 nodes. Dissection, extranodal capsular vein involved, hot mess. Seemed confined to the sac. Had full hysterectomy same time. Did radiation before chemo 25 rounds then 4x taxotere (cold cap and chilled hands and feet). (Docs were varied on order and chemo type) She nuked the hell out if it. Scarring, some lung damage, 3 broken ribs (made my husband feel like a wuss, he broke 2 riller sharing with our son last fall).

Today they were like, "did you fall, get hit" do you remember this happening.... Hell, I felt run over by a bus by my last Taxotere....I wasnt going to cry about it. Seems healed up. Iron mommy!!!!

I know as extensive as it was, there is probably some nasty cells in me somewhere....kicked the can down the road again. Whoot!

• hopeful82014
    edited January 2017
    Options

Glad to hear that your CAT was clear!

• fightergirl711
    fightergirl711 Member Posts: 190
    edited January 2017
    Options

So happy for you!!

7of9 I've had mobility issues as well - get the PT and try YOGA - I have never done yoga in my life (but I am active and practice karate) and it has helped so, so much. Still going to PT, she's the one that told me to try yoga. And although it feels like it's in your shoulder, it's those pesky pec muscles and serratus anterior muscles from the ALND contributing to that tightness as well for sure.

• 7of9
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks for the advice Fighter girl and encouragement. I did Yoga last year to calm down when I knew I had the recurrence/before surgery and for some reason the thought of doing it again takes me back to that time. I need to get over it or get a different yoga dvd and start up again.

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited January 2017
    Options

12 out of 14 positive nodes.. sentinel and axillary nodes totally replaced by tumor. Going on 12 years, welland grateful every day

• mdoc524
    mdoc524 Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2017
    Options

Thank you all for posting - nice to see so many doing well that had positive nodes!! My BS only took out 2 nodes and both were positive - glad my lymphedema risk is low but always nags at me what if more were positive. Had BMX, hard chemo, 7 weeks of rads, a clear PET Scan, Ovaries out and Tamoxifen for 10 years - so hoping it stays away.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    edited February 2017
    Options

I am a 7 year lymph positive survivor who turned down chemo due to oncotype.

• Sabina1974
    Sabina1974 Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi All

Just going through radium at the moment. Had a massive panic attack last night that lasted for about an hour my wonderful husband calmed me down. I stared tamoxifen last week and not sure if it's agreeing with me. I am very anxious and have developed lower back pain?

Sabina

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2017
    Options

I will be starting radiation soon.

• 7of9
    edited April 2017
    Options

amw5 - Radiation is supposed to wipe out anything remaining locally. My radiation onc told me the worst nastiest breast cancer they have down to less than a 10% local recurrence rate. Hopefully systemic treatment wipes out any "floaters" and the radiation takes care of the locals. The only thing with radiation I have to say is there was a hell of a lot more aches, pains, scar tissue and tightening than I imagined. I feel it everyday though I am active and I refuse to do daily yoga or stretching (shame on me!) but hoping summer yard work will help stretch out again. Good luck and hang tough!

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2017
    Options

7of9 - Thx so much for your reply. I felt better after reading your post and talking with my RO and MO.

• Mom_of_twins
    Mom_of_twins Member Posts: 124
    edited April 2017
    Options

Just wanted to bump this up for more responses!!

• etherize
    etherize Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2017
    Options

In answer to the OP, I'll be 5 years out in June of this year (yay!). 1 node positive out of 17, and no recurrence. Wish I could say I'm doing all the "shoulds" (exercise, perfect diet, etc.) , but'm not, although I gave it a good try I right after dx. But with the passage of time, it's easy to slack off as fears fade.

I do have a couple of concerns -- which is why I'm back on the site after a few years' absence. These issues (cognitive, balance, memory) could easily be explained by several other health issues, and may or may not be anything to be concerned about. My gut feeling is that there's nothing going on cancer-wise. I'm actually less worried about it being a recurrence than being some other dreaded development (e,g, silent stroke/TIA or dementia). So, I'm not sure I'll even bring it up with my MO at this point -- I doubt he'll take any of it seriously. I think I'd have to come in with something more bviously worrisome and concrete -- crushing headaches and vomiting, falling down or having seizures. Anyway, I'm mostly just curious right now. Having said all that, I may post a couple questions in this forum ... ;)

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited May 2017
    Options

7 out of 14 had cáncer - 5 years out.........refused chemo......

• chefmom
    chefmom Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Options

I am just over 5 years from the end of treatment, 2 of 15 nodes were positive. I have finally started taking better care of myself. More exercise, more fresh food, less processed stuff!

• live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    edited May 2017
    Options

yay chefmom. Congrats.

• kanojiamohit
    kanojiamohit Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Options

My mom diagnosed with TNBC breast cancer and have 8/22 lymph noes affected,she is feeling some kind of tumour in her breast although biopsy will be done in few days.I am very frightened may be reccurence

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited May 2017
    Options

6 years out after a 3B DX with 7 positive nodes. I did lose weight during treatment, getting down to a BMI of 19, and I have kept it off. I also went to the gym religiously for the first 4 years after finishing treatment. Then real life interfered, but I still exercise more than most people.

My diet is ok, but nothing crazy-healthy, and I refuse to give up wine. I did for a while, but really, life is too short, with or without cancer. I do stay away from chips, sweets and similar junk. I happen not to like it very much anyway, so this is no great sacrifice.

I don't take supplements, except for some occasional magnesium.

I have had immense piles of stress in my life the last few years.

And, of course, the beast could be back any time. Still, these past 6 years have been fun, interesting and busy. I am glad to be here, and hope to stay a good long while more.

• susanaq
    susanaq Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
    Options

These are good posts for me. I go through phases these past 12 months of looking for answers here on the board, and these updates from warriors surviving and prevailing are helpful.

• susanaq
    susanaq Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
    Options

These are good posts for me. I go through phases these past 12 months of looking for answers here on the board, and these updates from warriors surviving and prevailing are helpful.