Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

peritoneal carcinomatosis

Options

Comments

• rara_avis
    rara_avis Member Posts: 29
    Options

Hi Shetland Pony,

My original CT report described "diffuse increase in density and stranding of the anterior mesentery that is concerning for peritoneal carcinomatosis." A subsequent biopsy confirmed that it was cancer, and a comparison to the original breast tumor material confirmed that it stemmed from the breast cancer. All the CTs since then compare current image with previous one. My most recent said "There is significant increase in omental stranding and nodularity consistent with worsened carcinomatosis." Lucky me. I blame Ibrance.

However, the CT report, at least as done at my hospital, also always looks at lungs, liver, pancreas, spleen, adrenals, kidneys, stomach, bowels, bladder, ureters, reproductive organs, lymph nodes, vascular system, bones, and soft tissues.

It can find things unrelated to cancer. I seem to have a hemangioma on the liver and cysts on the kidneys, mild atherosclerotic disease, diverticulosis without diverticulitis, mild degenerative changes in the lumbar spine, and a large bone island. Who knew?

To my unprofessional eye, this seems like a complete overview of the regions imaged, looking for mets everywhere.

Hope this was helpful.

Good luck - please let us know how you and your oncologist decide to proceed.

-Erica

• diana50
    diana50 Member Posts: 253
    Options

hi all

I developed belly mets in July 2014. My TM kept elevating but I had clear scans for year and half. Couldn't see anything b/c so diffuse. July2014 my kidney function tanked creatinine and bun elevated to almost kidney failure and then they could see on pet. Also lesion on liver.

They wanted to put stents in both kidneys as cancer was blocking and kidneys were hydronephic. They still are severe hydronephronic. However I resisted and onc started taxol (I got 10 month) and kidney function improved and creatinine levels got closer to normal. Now my creatinine levels run from 1.0-1.2 and that is acceptable.

Currently on my 3 TD chemo. Taxol worked , Lxempra I progressed on and gemzar has worked since October is holding me stable. Liver lesions shrunk and kidneys ok.

Not doing pet scans anymore. CT seems to work better. But because the cancer is so diffuse hard to see exactly. It's hard. It was confusing because my cancer is not lobular and I think my onc thought maybe uterine or ovarian.

No fluid build up but initially in July 2014 had some trace fluid in belly.

Here's hoping we all do well with treatment. 👍👍

Diana

• Hummingbird4
    Hummingbird4 Member Posts: 220
    Options

Diana, so glad you joined this thread. I know I've told you this before: You are an inspiration to me! I know you just went through another very difficult time, and I am so happy to read you are feeling better. Hope you continue to improve and get stronger.

Stephanie, thank you for the information on abdominal mets. You are very knowledgeable and always so helpful and caring.

Erica, I am sorry to hear you had to have a paracentesis done. Glad it gave you relief from the discomfort. This certainly isn't easy!

Shetland Pony, I can certainly understand your anxiety and worry that something may be brewing. ILC is sneaky and tough to measure. My onc relies on CT scans with contrast for me. I used to have separate dedicated PET scans also, but she has not done a PET in about a year now.

So yesterday, I got my port! And then I went right off to get my chemo through it. It was an all day affair, and I was so tired by the whole ordeal that after getting the benadryl and premeds, I went out cold for the Taxol infusion. But I'm so relieved now that it ends the poking and bruising trying to find a good vein.

Today I went back to my cancer center for an appointment with a gastroenterologist there. After all the severe pain and swelling I had for two months, I wanted to touch base and establish myself with her so I will have some help if that happens again. We had a long talk and she assured me that she will not let me suffer in pain like that again. However, it was very disappointing to hear what treatments are available! Although I do have malignant ascites, that is not what causes my pain. My problem is that the mets have hit my bowels and she explained that I am getting kinking in the bowels, which causes nothing to be able to pass through. Stool and gas just back up and my belly just swells and swells. The pain is excruciating when that happens. So she first will give me pain meds or a pain patch while switching to a new chemo, until it hopefully works to knock back the cancer. Then if I need more in the mean time, she said she can put a tube in my stomach which will be used to drain each day and provide relief. Doesn't sound good at all, but I'd do it to stop that pain! Hopefully I can get a long run on Taxol before I have to face that! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope you are all feeling comfortable and able to have good days.

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

Hummingbird- thankfully your team sounds more proactive! I suffered 2 agonizing months of everything backing up and throwing up many times daily. I was never offered a tube in the stomach to suction out gastric secretions and ease the vomiting or IV fluids to ease the inability to drink enough fluids. Make sure they offer IV fluids through the port if your ability to drink enough decreases. Dehydration will cause your kidneys to shut down. I had to go to the ER twice before I got home IV fluids (while I was failing Doxil and Herceptin -before faslodex kicked in). I just got the 1400.00 bills for the 2 ER visits. Our plan doesn't pay anything until you pay 1500 per person.

I am glad they will give you a pain patch in the mean time because it's very uncomfortable. It amazes me how differently patients are treated. My nurse practitioner told me Christmas eve to "go to the ER or hospice but don't bother them, because she wasn't doing anything like IV fluids or other interventions." I refuse to see her now, she was so unhelpful managing symptoms. My oncologist was away. So much for Christmas charity. Anyway once the Taxol kicks in, the swelling in the intestines, kink and back up/ pain will subside. That's what happened to me once the faslodex kicked in. No idea how long faslodex will work. I still need reglan. It helps. I hope your experience with taxol is good. I am so happy the port went well. Listening to your description of tests and sympoms it is so similar to mine. I will be praying for relief for you.

For all of you many prayers of healing and symptom relief. This is a hard road. For those of you needing repeated paracentesis, there are implanted drains that allows you to remove fluid several times a week. I have a pleurx system that is very easy to use. I took off 850cc this afternoon and felt much better afterwards. It's been a big improvement in my quality of life.

• Longtermsurvivor
    Longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 738
    Options

Dear ones,

Sorry I've been away for a couple of days and lost track of you all.

Diana, great to see you contributing here - your story is invaluable, but more important is the message that you're feeling strong enough to write. Thank you and continued healing regards.

Rosevalley, you mentioned an implanted drain for ascites to replace those dreaded paracentesis procedures. Next week, I'll have had mine for 7 months. I feel so blessed! And Rosevalley's suggestion to drain daily instead of every other day led me to try that. So, instead of taking 2 liters/2000 cc every other, I'm taking 1 liter/1000 cc daily. My QOL of life is much improved.

Today, I tried an experiment of skipping morning draining, since my belly felt relatively soft and flat. Well, that was interesting!

Did okay until around 4 PM, then started panting, moaning, peeing from bladder compression and feeling way too full to eat, nauseous. Just drained 900 ml/900 cc at 8 PM and feeling like I can sleep through the night, find a comfortable position again.

I remembered the scale test.

With ascites, I went from usual weight of 115# to 122# before having my drain installed, but quickly dropped back down. Now I am 98# - when I say this sucks vital energy (protein, electrolytes, potassium, fluid and vital nutrients), I really mean it. ;)

When I went in for my first paracentesis procedure, I was the thinnest waisted person in interventional radiology. They didn't believe I had ascites until they saw it on ultrasound then just kept sucking out the fluid. Think I dropped a pant size or two. Now, I pretty much live in drawstring pants. Fashion forever!

Please keep asking for what you need from us and your practitioners. We'll help you figure things out. And will always include you in loving kindness, healing thoughts, warm wishes and powerful prayers. Please take your pick based on your own belief system.

Sweet dreams, peritoneal friends, Stephanie

• Hummingbird4
    Options

Rosevalley and Stephanie, thank you. I agree very much with what you both have said. The treatment options for us are confusing and I get frustrated too. That is why I appreciate all that I can learn here. Knowing what has worked for you gives me hope and relief, and I am in a much better position to discuss possible treatments with my team. You have helped me tremendously.

Best wishes to everyone!

• starbrightlyshines
    starbrightlyshines Member Posts: 73
    Options

I was first diagnosed Stage IV with mets to the GI tract. I went to the ER for extreme stomach pain and came out the hospital 5 days later with breast cancer diagnosis! I was in a lot of pain for months. Yes the pain pills help with pain but when my stomach cramps get bad nothing actually gets rid of them. I did a round of chemo and started tamoxifen and have done other treatments that are listed below. I am currently on A/A and seem to be doing ok. I lost so much weight at first but I was retaining water so we didn't realize it until I askeds about fluid retention. I lost 25lbs in 2 days! I then asked about getting nutrition by IV which led to several months getting TPN so I was able to survive until the chemo started working. It's all a blur of bad memories! But I am still here so I am thankful for that.

I still don't know if my cancer is lobular, I think it said non-lobular in the report and I know its not ductal. But whatever it is, it seems to adapt fairly fast to any new treatment and I seem to be only getting months out of each so I have to move onto the next. It's scary knowing that there aren't many more available.

It's nice meeting all of you. I am a stay at home mom of 5 children, 4 are still at home. they are 21,19,16,13, and 8. Daily life is a challenge! Tomorrow I am excited because I am having a house cleaner come for the first time!! I hope that this will relieve some of the stress and guilt I feel about not being able to keep up with things. At this point I have been dealing with cancer for 3 years so my children don't really understand how quickly things could turn bad. They are used to me changing treastments and starting new meds. They are used to me having "headaches" causing me to retreat to my room. I hate that this has become the normal in our lives, but I am also grateful to have the time to spend with them. It's such an emotional battle.

• Hummingbird4
    Options

starbrightlyshines, it's scary to read what you've been through. I'm happy to hear you are doing ok on A/A. Glad you joined in on this thread!

I think a house cleaner is a great thing for you - you have 4 kids at home!! You have enough to do other than clean the house! I can understand why you are excited about it!!!! I don't have one yet, but my DH has said a number of times that we should get a house cleaner. I may take him up on that soon!!

• YellowRoses
    YellowRoses Member Posts: 2
    Options

New to this community. Found this link when it was suggested by another on the Breast Cancer Stage 4 Mets forum.

Thanks Evelyn for starting this. I hacen't read all of the other posts but will do so. I was dx with lobular invasive carcinoma Stage 3 (12 weeks after a normal routine mammo. Found it myself.) in 2001. Estrogen positive. Was told lobular can do some very strange things compared to ductal.)The usual treatments including chemo with adriamyacin and cytoxin. Handled so poorly, they did not then put me on taxol. Did tamoxifen-side effects bad so then arimidex, again side effects bad. Went off after a total of 2.5 years of hormone therapy.But I still did well. Ten yrs later dischared from oncologist. One year later (11years after initial dx.) during a routine screening colonoscopy, no polyps but a strange area seen, so doc biopsied. Found BC cells on colon. Back on arimidex which actually got rid of those cells. having lots of probs with arimidex so stopped. (Major quality of lfe issues) Continued to do well. Then biomarkers went up sky hight-PET/CT scan showed cancer cells in spinal cord at C4. But so small, so just in soft tissue, no symptoms. That was a year ago. Has not grown. Biomarkers are stable.

Jan. 3 the first or 4 incidents (last one past Sat. nite with stomach-sudden bloating, very bad pain and then vomiting.

Saw colo-rectal guy yesterday. Colonoscopy set for next Tues. Even if all looks normal he will biopsy same area as a scan from ER (because of being violenty ill) showed some thickening in the same spot as origianl site of BC mets to colon.

If it is cancer there again, (and it would be microscopic he said) he will discuss with onc to see if we do surgery (just cutting out the bad spot, not a colostomy) or add or change drug, hopefully chemo won't be in the picure. But I have gotten good at staying in the present, and most of the time I can avoid over thinking it all. I have managed to stay postive most of the time. As I posted on the Stage 4 forum, I see this as a big "Whack-A-Mole" game-cancer style. Things keep popping up, but we do our best to whack that thing back down.

So sorry you are all playing Whack-a-Mole but am grateful to know you are here. Especially those with BC mets to colon area. Was told this is very very rare. Comforting to know I am not alone!! Thnak you all.

• Hummingbird4
    Options

Hi YellowRoses,

Sorry that you have to be here, but glad you joined in on this thread. The exchange of information here is so helpful. When you have some time, try to read through the posts. I know they have helped me tremendously.

I got a laugh at your "Whack-A-Mole" game-cancer style. It sure is!!!

Wishing you the best of luck on Tuesday with your colonoscopy. Sounds like your medical team is on top of things with plans in place. Just want to mention too, that chemo for stage 4 is kept at lower doses and, therefore, with less debilitating side effects. I am on Taxol right now, but I go 3 weeks on and 1 week off and so it's much easier to handle that the high dose given every 3 weeks to early stage patients. I'm doing very well on it. I know you are concerned about the possibility of having chemo.

Please keep us updated. I will be thinking of you and praying for the best.

• YellowRoses
    YellowRoses Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks, Hummingbird.

Very reassuring to read what you said re chemo a second time around. Hopefully, that will not be in the picture, but just in case...And so glad to hear you are doing so well on Taxol.

Ejoying my almost 8 year old grandson during his spring break visit here. After he leaves, then I'll deal with "prep shopping" for next Tuesday. Really looking forward to Tuesday night. :)

Thank you again. I'll keep you updated.

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

I hope to come back to this topic when my computer has returned from shop. Very happy that new comers have found us and are not doing it quite so much on their own. Sending healing light for everyone here in this topic and at BCO. Much love, Stephanie

• sallyk
    sallyk Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hello ladies, I have been lurking and now time to tell my story. After living 7 yrs. NED stomach issues started. After having a CT, PET and biopsy. was told I had peritoneal carcinomas, malignant ascites with plural effusion. I did get 30 months from Fermara and Faslodex. I continued to work feeling fine then TM starting rising stomach and bowel issues. New PET scan showed several lymph nodes throughout the body were positive and progression. We moved onto Ibrance for 3 months with TM rising next was Xeloda. Xeloda put me in the hospital after 2 weeks. Now I'm on Haleven. After 4 treatments doing well except the WB counts. Total ANC this week was 400 so no chemo this week. We will try for next week.

Pray everyone is doing well on your cancer journey. Take one day at a time!

• Rosevalley
    Options

Welcome SallyK! You fit right in. This is a hard road and we need to share information to keep on top of things. Thanks for joining us. I hope Halaven kicks the cancer to the curb!

• starbrightlyshines
    starbrightlyshines Member Posts: 73
    Options

Welcome yellow roses and sally k! It is great to share info and support here. I have a few real life MBC friends (3 total) but none have had any GI mets so it is good to know there are others out there doing the "whack a mole" and taking things as they come!

• Judi1952
    Judi1952 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Evelym,

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 LBC December, 2012. I went to the see my PCP with a swollen belly and nausea, reflux. She immediately suspected ovarian cancer, She sent me to a ovarian cancer surgeon who was expecting to a debulking procedure except when he got into the peritoneum found stomach cancer cells and in the omentum. He told my family that I had stomach cancer. The next day I had an endoscopy confirming the stomach cancer diagnosis. I then went to an oncologist who thought I had small bowel cancer because I had a bowel obstruction a year with no follow up afterwards. He told me and my daughter I had 6-12 months to live. The next day I had a colonoscopy that confirmed cancer in my small bowel. My daughter and I rejected the oncologists dire prediction and made an appointment at Huntsman Cancer Hospital. I saw a a GI oncologist there who said there is no expiration date on your foot! Yes, you do have stomach cancer, but I have seen many patients live much longer than I thought originally. We did three rounds of 5FU, Herceptin and Cisplatin. I was horribly sick but my tumor markers did go down. During this period, my onco kept saying there has to be a different primary because you just aren't sick enough for a stomach cancer patient. My case went before the tumor board three times because my doctor insisted that more testing needed to be done on my biopsied tissue to determine the primary. He ordered a tissue of origin test finally. It came back with breast 59.4, ovarian, 19.7, colorectal 14.1 and gastric .09. My doc decided to treat me as though the primary was breast and had me consult with a breast cancer doc. She wanted to try Faslodex and Armidex since I was estrogen positive. I was happy but perplexed by all of this. I knew a breast cancer diagnosis would buy me some time, but how could this be if the original bc tumor was never detected even with a breast MRI?. My bc doc surmised that it was LBC with mets to my colon, stomach, omentum, and peritoneum. She thought my immune system was able to eradicate the original BC tumor but not before it had metastasized. I received Faslodex injections for a couple of years until the cancer started to progress, this time in my colon. I tried Zeloda for several weeks. but the side effects got the better of me. I started weekly Taxol in September of 2015. My tumor markers started to go down slowly. I have had ascities off and on since this latest progression. The ascites started to subside with the Taxol chemo. I just finished my last sequence of Taxol two weeks and ago. Taxol was somewhat easy to withstand and allowed me to work my M-W dental hygiene job. My hair is starting to grow back although I had to have some fluid removed yesterday. 4.5 liters! I am worried that the ascites is back. My doc wants me to try Affinitor and Aromasin now. I just received the pills and will start them tomorrow. Iam a little worried about side effects, but know everyone is different.

Tomorrow is Easter. I am not religious but love this season and holiday for the hope and renewal it provides. May your day be free of pain and full of gratitude for the life we have just for today.

Judi

• Rosevalley
    Options

Judy 1952- Welcome and what a story! Whew... glad they finally figured it out and got you on the right meds. Wonderful. Good luck with the afinitor and aromasin. For some folks it's a doable treatment and buys them more time!

I wish all my peritoneal met friends a pain free day and doable symptoms! (((Hugs)))

• oriole
    oriole Member Posts: 18
    Options

Judy, I initially was stage III IDC and had progression in Jan 2015. My stage IV progression was initially to just the lymph nodes in my abdomen. I progressed to stage IV while on Arimidex, so my onc had my try Aromasin/Ibrance but on my first PET scan (2 month later) had more progression to the lymph nodes in my chest as well. I was switched to Aromasin/Affinitor last April and had a really good PET scan 3 months later with regression (but not complete regression). At my next 3 month scan, a few of my lymph nodes had a slight uptake (but no progression to other areas) and my onc felt I should switch to xeloda which I am on now.

I was on AA for six months and found it very doable. My onc really watched me for side effects and I had monthly blood work. I had a few mouth sores and I dealt with them using the Magic Mouthwash and the Durham bee pollen (on the AA thread). I found that I just could not eat certain foods anymore (sweets in particular). I drank lots and lots of fluids. I also really tried to walk daily between 2 and 4 miles (I still do but it is more difficult with the hand/foot issues from xeloda). I was upset when my onc wanted to switch to the xeloda because I had found AA a very doable treatment. I worked during this time (I am a teacher and I still work) and would get tired in the afternoon. Oh, I would take the affinitor covered by a scoop of yogurt with a huge glass of water. I would encourage you to read over the Aromasin/Affintor thread because I got so much great information from Romansma, Rosevalley and others on the thread in terms of side effects. It seems that the AA regime works for some and is difficult for others.

Wishing you good luck with few side effects on the new treatment plan! It is tough switching treatments but it is worth it to find a treatment that is working with as few side effects as possible.

• Judi1952
    Judi1952 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Oriole,

Thanks so much for sharing your story and your experience with AA. I bought gelatin capsules yesterday, Tom's of Maine TP and Spry mouthwash in preparation for mouth sores. I had a difficult time buying TP without fluoride because I am a dental hygienist. I will check out the AA thread. I have heard of Magic Mouthwash from research I have done. So good to know you did well on this regimen.

Evelym,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I just took my first dose this morning along with Easter Egg! Will visit the AA thread to see what others have experienced.

• oriole
    oriole Member Posts: 18
    Options

Judy,

So glad you took the first dose! I have found the first days of a new treatment the most difficult (probably because of my nerves). I remember that the two times that I got mouth sores I had eaten acidic and spicy food. I found that if I ate bland food, I felt fine. I really drank lots of fluids. My onc told me to call the minute that anything felt off. I remember her telling me (at about the four month mark) that some people just metabolize the drug better than others.

I also had a strange progression in terms of my mets. I remember that initially they thought that I had a second different type of cancer and I then had a ct guided biopsy of one of the abdomen nodes and it was my breast cancer.

I hope everything goes well for you on this treatment plan. We just need to get the most out of each day and stay positive and try to stay ahead of the side effects of our treatments. Wishing you all the best!

• Rosevalley
    Options

oriole- Judy- the mouth sores kind of come and go on afinitor and it seems they start out fierce then calm down and become kind of annoying. I found saline or baking soda rinses to be helpful. The weird tastes of things was annoying too. I also had diarrhea, but it was the heart arrhythmias, high BP and edema in my feet ankles and shins that did me in. Most folks don't get those so don't even concern yourself with it. Brush your teeth gently and be careful of the mucosa in your mouth and you will be fine. I took the pills every other day and it controlled the cancer well. I wish you all the success possible! keep us posted on how it effects your GI and abdomen. Take care!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

I finally worked up the courage to come back and continue reading this thread. Hello to all the new people, and thanks to everyone for your input.

Rara_avis, thank you for telling me about the imaging issues. I will ask my onc about CT with contrast. Diana, what kind of scans showed clear for a year and a half while your TMs rose from belly mets?

Hummingbird, I had the same thing: Port installation and taxol infusion on the same day. I was worried that would be too much, but it was fine. I'm glad you are spared the pain and anxiety of trying to find a vein now. Also glad you have a helpful gastro on board now. In my case taxol worked well and fast on ILC; hoping it will give you relief right away.

Wow, Rosevalley, it's terrible that nurse could be so cold and mean.

Judi, that's quite a story. Your onc was very persistent in figuring things out for you, so you could be treated appropriately.

Once again, I appreciate everyone on this thread. Please forgive me for not responding to all right now. Very tired and need to log off.

• Hummingbird4
    Options

Hi all. Welcome to the new ladies here on this thread. Sorry you have this going on, but glad you joined in. I think sharing our experiences and information here will be a big help.

YellowRoses, I am thinking of you and hoping that today's colonoscopy and biopsy give the best results possible.

Shetland, thank you and I agree totally - this is scary stuff!

Best wishes to everyone. Hope you are all comfortable and able to enjoy the day!

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have a place to come to talk PC.

Though I no longer pursue active treatment, imaging exams or tracking the cancer and I've relaxed into hospice care, it's still important to share support and notes with one another.

Yellow Roses, hope your colonoscopy went okay and that the results help clarify and resolve your current problems. I've had many gi problems, beginning with a colon resection as a baby. I'm happy to talk about life with a semi-colon.

Sally, I too have a body that weeps in response to cancer - both ascites and pleural effusion. I live with a drain in my belly, rather than pursue paracentesis procedures now. Please let us know if you are offered this option and we'll respond with our own experiences. We hope this will be helpful to you. You are not alone

Judi, wow! I have never heard of such a confusing journey toward diagnosis and still unclear. I've a dear friend with lobular breast cancer that presented as ovarian cancer and no breast primary. Living with the unknown may be one of the most challenging parts of this adventure. I don't know exactly how it is for you, but do empathize.

Oriole, Rosevalley, Hummingbird, Shetland Pony and all, I send warmest healing thoughts and wishes.

loving kindness too, Stephanie

• Hummingbird4
    Options

Stephanie, thank you - I also am so gladto be able to come to this PC thread. And I always appreciate your good wishes, concern, and extensive knowledge. Hope you are comfortable and stronger today.

• Rosevalley
    Options

Oy what a miserable night last night. I ate rice and peas and chicken. Then a hour or so later puked my guts up.. 3 sets of waves until 9pm.. waves of nausea and puking. By 930pm I was spent. My stomach was empty and sore. I think it was the peas.. skins on the peas. no residue and easy to digest food. ugh.. The rest of my family did fine. We all ate the same thing. It's so hard to try food and see if it goes down.. Hate to TMI but my bowels are fine so it must be constriction in my stomach and duodenum. Wish it would get better. It scared me last night it was so relentless.

Hummingbird you have the same issues with bowel obstruction and thickening. What do you eat? Do you use liquid nutrition?

• Hummingbird4
    Options

Rosevalley, I am So very sorry to hear how sick you were last night! This is a horrible disease! I agree that maybe it was the peas, but I had an awful time once with rice!! The advice I got a few weeks ago from the gastroenterologist at my cancer center was, as you said - stay low residue, low fiber. For me it's to keep my bowels from having to work too hard because there will be less stool and less back up of stool. Lately, though, I'm having days of 10 to 12 hours of bad diarrhea - so I just can't figure things out anymore! I'm sure you feel the same - it's frustrating. But I have to admit that I have been cheating a little and eating things I shouldn't be having. So I have to get strict again. Although it could be the Taxol causing the diarrhea!! I know Taxol can do that! Anyway, the doctor did say that if my bowels are kinking or blocking, then nausea and vomiting can happen. No, I don't use liquid nutrition. That hasn't been mentioned at all. I can certainly understand how scared you were last night! It is just terrifying to experience that! I will be thinking of you and I hope and pray that you are feeling better today.

• Rosevalley
    Options

Hummingbird- Oy I am afraid of eating anything.. Next week Wednesday I go in for my follow up faslodex shot and I wonder if it's wearing off since I haven't been getting sick like that. Of course I wasn't eating bismati rice and peas. I won't eat it again either. Interesting rice made you sick too. Today has been boost liquid and tea. Taking it easy. I am amazed you can eat normally. I am sorry about the diarrhea I had that on ACT and Afinitor. It was relentless on the (ACT) adryamycin, cytoxan and taxol. I remember having to use diaper cream my bottom was so sore. Afinitor was bad but not the dose dense version of ACT, that was really bad. TMI... now the bowels are moving but the stomach is not. This is some kind of ride. I swear by reglan to keep things moving.The faslodex must be working because I drain less now then I had been. I was pulling off 1100 each time and now the last 2 times were 625cc and 675cc. Which is way less. Such a puzzle. I hate puking, just hate it. Sick of being sick. Aren't we all.

• Longtermsurvivor
    Options

Oh my dear, Rosevalley, sick of being sick! I so get it.

And vomiting is its own misery, directing us to and from what makes us worse.

Faslodex has been a wonder drug for you, buying you time and QOL, but of course you wonder how long it will last. And whether you'll have a repeat of those miserable weeks between December and beginning Faslodex.

It's hard not to worry about possible futures, especially when we have such clear body memories from the recent past.

I dread gi blockage, though that was the stuff of my childhood before I was properly diagnosed and treated for my genetic condition.

Honey, I can't do anything to lift your worries, yet want you to know I hear you and I care and will support you however able.

Wishing you moments of peace strung like jeweled beads on a necklace. May they grow and glow and hold you safe and sound.

Sweet dreams, dear Rosevalley, Stephanie

• Hummingbird4
    Options

Rosevalley, I hope you felt better today. I'm glad to hear you are draining less. I agree that has to be the Faslodex working. My onc tells me now to go by my symptoms more than labs and TM. I'm feeling better, taxol is working. Maybe for you too - less draining, means Faslodex is working. I know last night your thought was that the Faslodex is not working as well now. We have that fear! The diarrhea I had today stopped after just a few hours so today was a good day for me. It certainly is a puzzle! Hard to figure this all out. I hope you have a good comfortable night tonight.