Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Body Odor

Superstar3102
Superstar3102 Member Posts: 2

Really embarrassing topic, but after chemotherapy I have tend to sweat out the drugs... which results in a rancid odor. My husband swears he can't smell anything, but every time my 22 year old comes over the first thing out of her mouth is, "What is that smell?"

I wash my sheets every two days... help

Comments

• flaviarose
    flaviarose Member Posts: 249
    edited December 2016

I've heard that chlorophyll tablets can help

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 569
    edited December 2016

Geez, I will have to start asking people if I smell.  Loopy 

• Joho89
    Joho89 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2016

I on my second time with cancer I notice ,cancer has a smell. I knew it was back before they told me, the night sweats are bad too, I make a lotion w coconut oil shea butter some essential oils . apply it couple times a day it works for me , I like the lime and lemon, refreshing , or mint .

• bareclaws
    bareclaws Member Posts: 246
    edited December 2016

It does have a smell! I've lost a lot of my sense of smell from the first chemo but every now and then I just know that I stink. I asked my son today if I did and he denied it but I can smell that odor. Smells like I'm rotting from the inside.

• HappyHammer
    HappyHammer Member Posts: 985
    edited December 2016

You are not alone...I was always freezing during chemo but still had some night sweats...the odor was horrible...then after chemo was over and I went into spring with Herceptin only...realized that I still smelled horrible...exercising at the Y was embarrassing due to my odor...so now...with all treatment complete and into the winter season....am having to get rid of all winter shoes/boots from last year- they smell SO awful.  Am convinced it is from the treatments...chemo/Herceptin.  Crazy but just wanted you to know it is a real issue!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,044
    edited December 2016

Funny but I tried everything to get a horrible smell out of the slip on Travel Time shoes I wore for for my year of treatment. Even scrubbing the 'insoles' with a brush didn't help. I finally had to ditch those shoes. I never connected it with chemo but now it makes sense.

• debiann
    debiann Member Posts: 447
    edited December 2016

Yep, I hated the chemo smell. I thought for sure I'd have to burn the sofa till I was finished, but the odor went away. Oddly, A year after finishing chemo I had a lymphatic massage. The first time I peed after the massage, the odor was back. Maybe just some weird coincidence, but it did make me wonder if some chemo lingers in our system.

• IAmACat
    IAmACat Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2019

I have been smelling a sickly sweet odor in my bedroom for the past couple weeks, and I thought it was my husband's body odor. Then, I was lying down in the bedroom by myself...and I seemed to smell the odor coming from my own body! I realized that I had also been smelling that same sickly sweet odor in my car, and the bedroom and car are both small spaces where I spend a lot of time. Does anyone else suspect they have body odor related to chemo? 

• lovemyrhodesian
    lovemyrhodesian Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019

Yes- its a sweet sickly rotting fruit smell. I first noticed it in a Hot Yoga class during the time I was doing chemo. It's now 16 months later and yet when I'm at the gym, I've started to notice that smell again. I'm worried it's the smell of cancer not the chemo and it's a recurrence. Anyone else have this?

• dogmomrunner
    dogmomrunner Member Posts: 492
    edited August 2019

Well this just great. So now not only am I bald (and flabby from not exercising as much) but I also stink. ScaredI'm going to have to go find a cave and live amongst the animals.