Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Someone here survived triple Negative ?

Options
124»

Comments

• helenlouise
    helenlouise Member Posts: 363
    edited November 2019
    Options

hi Cooper, welcome.

It is tough finding your way to your new normal! I found BCO not long after being diagnosed this last time round and it has been a wonderful source of information and support. I have saved several topics to my favorites and read those regularly. It is great that you had pcr from the neoadjuvant chemo and have completed treatment. I have found the last threemonths strange with no doctors or treatment after being in and out of treatment for the best part of 18 months. I am on three monthly review and hoping to qualify for a trial in the new year. There is a tnbc in the UK started by a lady named Sylvia. It has people from all over the world that talk about all sorts of stuff. Go say hi there and anywhere else that takes your interest. You can also post any questions and comments here and I am sure people will chime in. Tnbc has its own challenges and it’s nice to know others who have it.

Best wishes!

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited November 2019
    Options

Cooper, welcome. We are about on the same timetable; I am about a month ahead of you. I understand how weird it is to switch gears after extended treatment, even when the outcome is excellent. My only lasting effect is a numb armpit, I feel generally fantastic, and yet I am still thinking about BC and hyper attentive to any weird feelings in my body.

My MO told me that when TNBC returns it is nearly always in the first 3 years. About 90% of people who get a PCR will not recur. I guess am probably going to be on edge a little, until I pass that window. Meanwhile I stay healthy, eat well and exercise... what I CAN do to help myself.

There is another thread called Calling all TNs in the TNBC forum that is active and has plenty of longer term survivors who post.