Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pain after Biozorb marker implantation and radiation treatment

Options
2»

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@kah67, welcome to Breastcancer.org, and thank you for joining this wonderful community!

We're sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience after treatment. Even though this discussion is a bit old, we hope someone out there can help you out. In the meantime, we would encourage you to discuss your symptoms with your doctor, that will help you ease your mind and see what's going on. Also, you may benefit from our free weekly virtual meet-ups with other BCO members, where you can share and ask questions in real-time. If you're interested, please check them out here: Virtual Community Meetups.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to hearing more from you soon.

The Mods

• happy12345
    happy12345 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I had my lumpectomy in September 2020 and had a biozorb put in. My doctor made me feel like I had to do the biozorb since the old way was outdated and this was a better procedure to help her and the radiologist. I still have pain in my breast and have a hard lump that they say is fat deposits. I can not sleep on my side either. My doctor also said my breast would look better and be uplifted with the biozorb. I feel this product should be off the market and women I have spoke to that didn't have the biozorb is happier and not having much pain even one week after the surgery.

Who has had the biozorb taken out and had improvement with pain and their overall health?

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 277
    Options

Sorry to hear you are still having problems as a result of the biozorb. I had the biozorb implanted in November 2020 and my surgeon did not give me an option. While I’m not in a lot of pain, I have lymphedema in the breast, tenderness, hardness and significant swelling. It took almost two years for the golf ball size hard lump to soften. I believe the biozorb disintegrates over time and only the titanium clips are left in the breast. So for me at least there would nothing left to remove. If I had to do it over, I would have found a surgeon that would have discussed other options as I don’t recommend the biozorb.

• happy12345
    happy12345 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm glad your feeling a little better and I hope your biozorb will disintegrate completely. I would tell all women to not get the biozorb it is not needed and causes more pain and worry after the surgery. No one wants to feel a lump in their breast after having one taken out, that is a constant worry. Thank you for your reply I wish you all the best.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@happy12345 - Welcome to the community, and thank you for sharing your story with us. It's clear that you've been through a lot with Biozorb. Sharing your insights and perspective about your experience can provide other women with valuable information to help them make the best treatment decisions.

Welcome again, and please, please let us know if we can help you in any way.

The Mods