Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Single Hormone Receptor Positive -> ER+/PR-/HER2-

Options

Comments

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thanks Anna, I seem to have found a reason to feel alittle better about the future.

• wintersocks
    wintersocks Member Posts: 434
    edited November 2018
    Options

Really? i would like to see this research. best news i've heard all day

• hpfull
    hpfull Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2018
    Options

I am ER+ 100% and PR- 0% and so curious as to what this means as far as aggressiveness of the tumo

• meow13
    edited December 2018
    Options

I was er 95% and pr 0%, my tumors were grade 1 and 2 both mitotic score 1 slow growing. I don't think there are enough of us to come to any conclusions on aggression with er and pr percentages alone.

Are you her2 negative?

• wintersocks
    wintersocks Member Posts: 434
    edited December 2018
    Options

HPFULL/Meow13

I have the same as you 100% er and pr negative and her2 negative.

Is our cancer considered to be very unusual then?

• nat_blue
    nat_blue Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2018
    Options

I was pretty close >90% er+/0%pr and hr-. Our type seems to be a bit less common than er+/pr+ hr-, but I don't think it is rare so to speak. There still seems to be a good bit of controversy over the degree the absence of a pr receptor might change the outcome or increase the aggressiveness of the tumor.

• hpfull
    edited December 2018
    Options

yes HER2 negativ

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 254
    edited December 2018
    Options

Approximately 35% of breast cancers are PR-, so not so rare! Most have high Oncotype scores, so are considered aggressive, although many are only grade1 or 2.

• Rav
    Rav Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Options

Since my diagnosis I have been reading every about BC and this thread is where I got the most useful information. Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge.

I’m 100% ER+ (8/8) and PR negative (it’s written 3/8 and that it should be repeated during excision in order to confirm). These results are from core biopsy (FISH). HER is negative.

I want to ask the surgeon to have Oncotype and Mammaprint done, regardless of paying for the tests myself, but still not sure if I will succeed.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences. It helps a lot.

• princessbuttercup
    princessbuttercup Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2018
    Options

I just had my first follow-up mammogram post-surgery, and everything was clear. One year down, 4 to go!

• murfy
    edited December 2018
    Options

That's great news Princess!!

• hpfull
    edited December 2018
    Options

That’s great news princess buttercup :

• bravepoint
    bravepoint Member Posts: 232
    edited December 2018
    Options

Great news Princess! It's always such a relief to get the all clear.

• princessbuttercup
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thanks, all. It's good to get this done before the holidays. I wanted to hug the tech when she told me I was good to go for now.

• PatsyKB
    PatsyKB Member Posts: 211
    edited December 2018
    Options

Congratulations Princess Buttercup!

To digress: Isn’t it interesting how after diagnosis and treatment we tend to think in 6-month time increments (or I do)? My 6 mo mammo resulted in another biopsy (negative - whew). MO checkup this month. Then I’ll be looking toward March when I have a mammo and MRI. All I want to do is stave off a recurrence - just like all of you. The combination of Single Receptor plus, for me, the invasive nature of my cancer, keep me aware at all times of the possibility of recurrence even as I go about my life. It’s an interesting emotional tightrope we walk.

• princessbuttercup
    edited December 2018
    Options

I wonder if I should be more concerned than I am. Also single-receptor positive here, IDC and Grade 3. My doctor has me on the once a year mammogram schedule. But I will see my MO in March and will ask then.

• bravepoint
    edited December 2018
    Options

Princess- I'm the same, single receptor positive, grade 3 and also 1/5 nodes. I only go for a mammogram once a year. I get checked by my Mos every 6 months on alternating schedule.

• PatsyKB
    edited December 2018
    Options

I should have mentioned that I have been on 2x year screenings for many years due to high risk and many many biopsies. Mammogram/MRI on an alternating 6 month schedule.

I will say that my cancer was discernible ONLY by my MRI. Couldn’t be seen by mammo or ultrasound so in considering asking your doctors about adding MRI to the mix, this is worth mentioning. Mammo and ultrasound have missed other suspicious growths which, although not cancer, were more concerning than the garden variety benign bits.

• princessbuttercup
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thank you Bravepoint and Patsy.

• murfy
    edited December 2018
    Options

According to my Docs, a lumpectomy breast should be mammogrammed every 6 mos for 2 yrs. However, following mastectomy, the unaffected breast only once a year.

• bravepoint
    edited December 2018
    Options

Murfy - Interesting....I had a lumpectomy and that was never suggested to me.

• meow13
    edited December 2018
    Options

My imaging center used to mammogram my DIEP side as well as the real. Last year they stopped doing the non breast tissue side. My oncologist said makes sense. I believe the insurance company is making that decision.

Still does the MRI though.

• meow13
    edited December 2018
    Options

I must say the technicians I don't think thought I had a simple mastectomy, they didn't really believe me when I told them. That always made me feel good that my plastic surgery was a good job.

• princessbuttercup
    edited December 2018
    Options

My mammography center just sent me a letter saying that my results showed that I do not have dense breasts. This is completely opposite from what they told me last year. Can breast density change that quickly after chemo, radiation, tamoxifen and menopause?

(Edited to add tamoxifen to the mix! All of those things happened during this year.)

• hpfull
    edited December 2018
    Options

I had surgery Tuesday and part of the pathology came back.....My results are different than initial biopsy patholgy. I am 98% ER+ and 40-50% PR + ( not sure why a range fot the PR and an exact % for ER. My initial ki67 was low Andy now it’s high. I was luminal a and now I am luminal b

• meow13
    edited December 2018
    Options

HPFULL, how did they determine you were luminal b? Ki-67 is very unpredictable hope they aren't basing conclusions on that. The worrisome part maybe a positive node.

• hpfull
    edited December 2018
    Options

the BS said the size made it luminal b. He said the 1 node did have cancer but not enough to count. I was told that my proliferation rate was high

• meow13
    edited December 2018
    Options

The size, ok. My mo said they don't classify luminal a vs b in their labs. He said what made mine dangerous was the total lack of progesterone receptors. Good luck and happy holidays.

• PatsyKB
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi all. Need responses ASAP I’m headed to my 6-mo checkup with my Medical Oncologist in an hour or so (December 26) Doing well on my letrozole and feeling great. BUT as a Single Receptor, I worry about distant recurrence and wonder what questions should I ask my MO about screenings and labs and other precautionary testing. I don’t want to wait for symptoms to appear before scanning for METs. Anyway what else should I be asking?

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600
    edited December 2018
    Options

hey there Patsy. My MO follows the current guidelines. No tumor markers etc. Its a bit unsettling to not be "monitored" with labs but evidence doesnt support that doing so catches recurrence any earlier. I'm glad you are feeling well. Let us know how your appt goes. Happy New Year! Deb