Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

For those on Ibrance, PFIZER Oncology Together can provide help

Options
2»

Comments

• jjberky
    jjberky Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hello,

I was just diagnosed with bone mets in August 2018. So I have been on Ibrance and Arimidex since then paired with a shot of Xgeva. I just started my second round of Ibrance. I don't think I am responding because my doctor told me that at my next appointment we might have to start thinking about IV chemo which is a little overwhelming for me right now. Also I have read so many good things about Ibrance that I would like to be able to stay on it longer. Some days I think "this isn't too bad" I have an ideal life I can work from home, I have alot of support around me but I also have very realistic people that give me the freedom to talk this so that's important I think because it makes me lighter because I don't have to carry the burden of helping people get through this with me. When I was diagnosed initially I coped with it by focusing on bout how it affected others not how it affected me. It helped me not focus on what I was going through. This time it's different and I am learning to take it day by day.

• suf2LI
    suf2LI Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Options

Please don't give up. It sounds like you've only been on the meds for about 2 months. My onc says that results don't show up for at least 3-6 months. I started Ibrance/arimidex/Xgeva at the beginning of June 2017 when first diagnosed metastatic to the bones. My tumor markers continued to rise until the end of Sept. They then started to fall and have been stablized in the normal range since Jan of 2018. My PET scans have shown HUGE improvement. It just takes a bit of time. Good luck and stay as positive as you can, which is hard, but it helps. I celebrate every good report by going out to eat with my son because every little battle won deserves to be acknowledged and celebrated.

• CurAlice
    CurAlice Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019
    Options

After Pfizer provided free ibrance since November 2018, they now inform me they will no longer provide it. My doctors office is getting the run around. I can afford the co-pay, that for sure.What do other folks do about this?

• Annieangel
    Annieangel Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting. I've been on Ibrance, Letrozole/Xgeva for about a year now and doing fairly well. I am still working, so covered by health insurance and the Pfizer assistance program. I'll turn 65 in October, so am trying to make it to my birthday to stop working as my energy level is so low all of the time. My biggest concern right now is how to pay for the medicines if I am on Medicare/Social security. I called Pfizer and they told me that I can apply once I'm on Medicare for hardship assistance if my income is low enough, which I think it will be.

How does everyone pay for their meds on Medicare? I checked out Good Rx, and also some Medicare F and G programs, and the monthly costs would still be over $2,000.00 just for the Ibrance. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as this has me kind of freaked out.

Hoping that all of you are having a wonderful day!
  • Bombis
    Bombis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    Options

hi. I am a new member. Sadly to say, i was just diagnosed with metastatic bone cancer. Had breast cancer in 2018 and did all treatments. Now with this. I am in pain and i will start treatments next week. I will be in Ibrance, faslodex and zometa.i am scared of trying new medications. So scared of side effects. Please advised me. Thank you

• princessfluffybritches
    princessfluffybritches Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2019
    Options

annieangel, medicare pays for all my ibrance . No copayment. There was something said at the oncologist office about medicare denies the first script, then the oncologist office had to submit it a second time. (Go figure)

• princessfluffybritches
    princessfluffybritches Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi Bombis. It is scary for all of us with the diagnosis, then taking new meds. You got thru one round of meds with success, if side effects are too great, there are other meds to take, etc.

• pp729
    pp729 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    Options

Annieangel, sorry to be replying to you months after your post above on the cost of Ibrance, but I just went through this with my mom....literally today, we found out she will be covered 100% by Pfizer's patient assistance program. Here is her story and maybe it will help you. She is on Medicare with an AARP Medicare Rx Plan administered by United Healthcare. She received her first 21-day supply at no cost through Briova Specialty Rx. However, when we went to refill, we learned it would cost over $2000 per month. I contacted her oncologist who reached out to their Pfizer rep to gain information on the Pfizer patient assistance plan. We had to submit documentation about her monthly Social Security check and she had to sign the application forms -- all done at her oncologist office and they submitted the application for her. Two weeks later, today, we learned she will receive Ibrance from Pfizer Oncology Together at no cost through the end of the year.

Perhaps you have already found financial assistance, but if not, I'd suggest you work with your oncologist or contact Pfizer Oncology Together directly. Good luck to you.

• kglee
    kglee Member Posts: 29
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hello all! I have just been diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer with mets to the liver. My doctor is recommending ibrance and faslodex. I am 53 and active. I have no other health problems, I am at a healthy weight, and walk 3 miles a day. My doctor has said that I should have only mild side affects such as tiredness. But after reading the comments here, I am terrified. Bladder leaks, extreme fatigue, thinning hair, weight gain, etc., is there anyone that experience minimum side affects? I thought this was to help with the qualify life vs. treatment with chemo? Also, I am hesitant with telling family members. Only my husband knows. I thought, if I could get through this with the appearance I looking fine, I would not have to worry my family members, since I apparently have no immediate threat. Any thoughts?

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi, there,

There is a whole Ibrance thread available under Stage IV, and you should consult that regarding side effects.This drug seems to hit people differently. If you go to the Ibrance website, you can see the array of the side effects. I have been on Ibrance for a short time -- this is the start of my third cycle. My side effects are that I am tired (not every day -- and not predictable), I get very light nose bleeds, and my nose is very congested all of the time. I was on letrozole for 13 years prior to this.

No telling how it will hit you, so best to know what could happen by reading up.Also, there is another thread under Stage IV about liver mets. Again, information is power.

Best of luck to you.

• alicat3
    alicat3 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi, you and I seem very similar. I'm 55, very healthy, of normal weight and active. I'm thrilled to say I've not really had any side effects from either Ibrance, Letrozole or Prolia. The only thing I've recently encountered is back pain, but tolerable. Yes, I was scared to death of what side effects I ma encounter but so far so good. Only a select group of people are aware of my diagnosis, which is how I plan to keep it. There is no reason to create a panic at this point. I’m living as normally as always - wish you the same.

• alicat3
    alicat3 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2019
    Options

Is anyone on Ibrance 125 or 100, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off? Or 5 days on 2 daysoff to help with neutropenia? Is this altered dosing still beneficial??

• pinkPink65
    pinkPink65 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hello ladies,

lately I have been feeling helpless. My mom has been taking Zalodex, Letrozole and Palbociclib since April 2019. Three months later she started having these days in which she kept vomiting, had strong headaches and irregular (high) blood pressure. In January we also found out that her Euthyrox (T4) dosage needed to be lowered (if your GP has not check your thyroxine since starting on letrozole you need to tell them to do so because it may need to be readjusted). They have lowered the dosage and since then it seemed that she was fine again but last week these days started again. We went to the doctor (again) so that they could check the thyroxine and it seems this time it is fine which would mean that these headaches, vomits and irregular blood pressure were not connected to her thyroxine levels.

The GP does not look for the cause and says it is probably a side effect of her medication. The oncologist also does nothing (she only checks her blood values and since they are fine, then she says she is fine). So basically no one cares and they all do not listen to her.

Also she has been taking blood pressure medication but it does not work, so the GP keeps giving her a new one every time we go there.

Is there anyone here that has been in a similar situation? How did you guys fix it?

Thank you!

Hope you guys have a great day

• M-and-M37
    M-and-M37 Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hello, I start Ibrance/ Faslodex on Thursday. I am also nervous. I didn’t have a great go round with my chemo a year and a half ago and still have neuropathy. I am curious about neuropathy with this new medication regimen. has anyone experienced it?

I’m also concerned about the effects it has on your lungs. I was a heavy smoker for many years-sins of my youth. Now my BC has metastasized to one of my lungs. Can anyone speak to those side effects? I’ve scanned the thread and see no mention of respiratory issues besides a stuffy nose.

Thank you and best to all

• pipers_dream
    pipers_dream Member Posts: 187
    edited July 2021
    Options

I’m getting a bit freaked reading this because several folkshere seems to have been taking it for years and my doc mentioned that the drug will only be paid for for eight months so now I’m wondering what’s the point?