Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting chemo February 2018

Options
1464748495052»

Comments

• indahood
    indahood Member Posts: 122
    Options

Surgery date, January 2021, if it's not Covancelled. Haha I just made up that word. Hope you are well friends and for most cancer free.

Merry Christmas.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

indahood, finally! What a stupid long wait you've had! LOL about covancelled. Hope it all goes super smooth!

• indahood
    Options

Haha, I just replied to you then looked here and saw this. Yep pretty proud of my word. I know! That is a stupid long wait.

Take care,

Laurie

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 2,009
    Options

it's nice seeing familiar names from the diagnosed in 2018 group. I took a year-and-a-half break from breast cancer.org. My mind needed a break. Everything's going well. Moth- so sorry to hear about your situation. You had helped me so much when I went through chemotherapy. The support we all provided one another and continue to provide was my lifeline during diagnosis, surgery, and the year of chemo and herceptin and perjeta. You went through so much with your extremely low white blood counts but you remained optimistic. I'm glad to hear you're still pursuing your Nursing degree.

• indahood
    Options

Hello again, just a catch up. Hope you all are well.

I have finished my Diep Flap. Man it's a hard one but I feel so relieved that breast tissue is behind me. Healing up at home now after 7 days in the hospital. Glad to hear you are well, Jo and sending you all my healing and happy energy to you Moth.

Laurie

• moth
    Options

jo- nice to see you! Sadly I had to quit nursing school. Technically I'm still on medical leave so they email me each term to ask if I want back in but gah, no, I just can't.... :(

Laurie - holy cow, 7 days in hospital! Girl, that must have been some surgery. Rest up and I hope you have a super swift recovery!

• Lolotte19
    Lolotte19 Member Posts: 122
    Options

Hello everyone,

I've been back on this site because of vaginal dryness and impossibility to have sex. I've read fantastic advices. Then I came upon a message from Moth and was thrilled to read her tips. However my thrill became sadness when I read her status. Moth, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mets. This is so unfair. You will be in my thoughts.

Laurie, I hope that you did not suffer any side effects from the surgery. 7 days at the hospital is way too long !

After 4 years of separation, I'm still struggling to find a new partner. It's like I lost the ability to love. I'm currently with a guy very sweet who loves me and my body but I have yet to fall in love with him

My hair is back to normal. When I was really curly, I was dreading staying that way. Now that I have my straight hair back I regret my pretty waive.

Bye for now all and enjoy your holidays
  • indahood
    Options

Holly shit. I'm back because of vaginal dryness too. I don't have a partner so was not up to date on this problem but happily, unsuccessfully had an opportunity in March. and no go. I cannot have sex! So surprising for me. Anyway, here I am 4 years out, man it's tough. Seems like cancer is the gift that keep on giving. Moth, I'm hoping you are still with us. I know your prognosis was looking bleak, I'd love to hear from you, if you are here. Lolette, I'm so with you. My Vaginal dryness was so bad that my inner labia has fused to my outer labia. Because of this I've had a switch to Tamoxifen. BUT.... now I find it super difficult to control my moods which is affecting my job. ARGH. are you there? anyone.....

• moth
    Options

indahood, I'm here! Still bleak just various shades of bleakness.... but here! Chemo tomorrow, scans at the end of the month. I keep things sort of updated on Instagram and a bit less on my blog just because IG is easier..

Girl there is a thread on here all about that. It's something something mojo... I'm going to try to find it but I heard the search function isn't working all that well.

Ha - found it! Hope you find the info there helpful https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/150/topic...

Good to see you again!!!

• indahood
    Options

Moth, I am so glad to hear from you. I had a friend who had much the same timeline as you but she did not survive, so I thought about you from time to time and wondered how you were making out. I'm elated that you are here, and still supporting others I see. You're a beauty. What else to say? Hope you still out walking your dog. I'll let you know when I'm on the coast next time (don't know if you remember but I'm a YVR native and still have family there) and we can get out for a coffee if your cool with that.

Laurie

indahood

• moth
    Options

Laurie, absolutely hmu when you're here!

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 2,009
    Options

Moth I'm so sorry to hear your news. Being the incredible person you are I'm not surprised to still see you helping others. Your advice when I was going through chemo kept me sane. What's your status now? Only if you want to share. I'm doing well but it saddens and angers me when I read about others who continue to struggle. Effing Cancer sucks.

Laurie your surgery sounds awful. Glad you're recuperating from it.