Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Am I imagining it??? Switching Tamoxifen generic & SEs

Options
2»

Comments

• awillman
    awillman Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi! I don’t think there’s a specific brand that is best for everyone, based on my limited research. I’ve been on tamoxifen for about two years. I never liked It and i definitely had side effects (very sore feet, some joint pain, hot flashes, other gross issues) but close to two years in, the symptoms got way worse. My onc had me go on a tamoxifen “vacation” and i started feeling better. Then she said i had to go back on. After two weeks, the Joint and muscle pain has become debilitating. Hot flashes are WAY worse, too. I could live with the flashes but i can’t function with the pain. That’s when I started wondering if manufacturer had anything to do with it. All the bad issues seem to have started with the latest shipment. The bottles were different and so were the pills. At first i checked to make sure they were actually tamoxifen pills and the correct mg. That’s when i remembered that a friend said the manufacturer of her sons adhd med made a big difference and’s i started researching. I reached out to the pharmacies I’d used and found out i was better using Activis Teva and Mayne. Mylan appears to be what’s killing me but i believe that it all depends on your Body and what it can tolerate. I guess that’s good in a sense because it gives everyone options, but it would be nice if there was acknowledgment of this issue. For now, I’m running my own experiment. I’ve taken another “vacation” from the meds and express scripts has agreed to never send Mylan again. They’ve resent a brand I’ve tried before. Once i get over this awful pain, I’ll force myself to try the brand I’ve used before (with fewer side effects) and hope that’s been the problem all along. I guess if that doesn’t work, I’m quitting this awful medicine. What’s the point in trying to stay alive if you’re in so much pain you’re not actually living?