Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TNBC Recurrence Survivors?

Options
2»

Comments

• pesky904
    pesky904 Member Posts: 263
    Options

Ah, got it....thank you!

• sher0959
    sher0959 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hi Deedi,

I have had four cycles of Abraxane and Tecentriq. The cancer recurred in sub-pectoral lymph nodes. The team (oncologists, surgeon, radiologists,etc...) met this week and discussed my case again. Even though I have PET scan, CT scan, and MRI, the team believes I need another MRI before going to surgery. I will be doing the MRI one day this coming week. I've even had biopsy where they removed about 12 tissue samples of my breast. Nothing has lit up on anything other than these sub-pectoral lymph nodes. But I will follow their direction. After surgery, I will have 2 or 3 more cycles of the Abraxane and Tecentriq (they know it's working as the lymph nodes did show they were shrinking on the last CT scan. The follow up treatment is a clean up in case some cells remain post surgery. I see the surgeon now on Nov. 5th instead of Oct. 22nd. This gives time to have MRI results prior to surgery. My new onc came to Memphis from Vanderbilt. He had worked close with Dr. Mayur there. I could have gotten in the trial of Carbo/Tecentriq but chose the Abraxane/Tecentriq as FDA had approved it and I could take treatment in Memphis versus going to Vanderbilt for the trial. Dr. Mayur consulted with my previous onc and they both believed either regime were good for me. Keep me posted on your path as you progress. I do think of you even though I don't get on here very often. It sounds like your onc is staying on top of things. Prayers and love from my heart to yours. Sherry

• momkidsgrandkids38
    momkidsgrandkids38 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Hello all, heavy in thought after third occurrence and current scan my oncologist believes we should stop current chemo (Abraxane and atezolizumab) and start taking (Halaven). I have had radiation, mastectomy, lymph node dissection, 3 different kinds of chemo (AC/T combo, Xeloda, and Abraxane and atezolizumab combo), now she wants me to stop taking current chemo to start Halaven.

Is there anyone taking or have taken Halaven before. Oncologist is concerned about the weight loss, because I am very small now (125lb), despite me having an increased appetite. Any thoughts or advice?

Looking for feedback!

• Deedi
    Deedi Member Posts: 27
    Options

Sherry. It's always good to hear your updates and progress. I am excited to here the Abraxane and tecentriq is working for you. It's also good news that you have the option of surgery(although I'm sure not looking forward to it). It all sounds positive which is fantastic!! I have a pet scan tomorrow and follow up with my oncologist on November 5th to go over the results. she did say during my last visit that radiation and surgery was not a good option for me at this time. I guess we will have a more definitive plan for me next week. Crossing my fingers that it hasn't spread . I'm staying positive, living life as normal and enjoying the moments with my girls, family and friends. I still feel heathy and active. I didapplied for long term and focusing on my health. I am hoping a positive attitude is half the battle. Wishing you the best for your upcoming visit. Sending positive thoughts and continued prayers. Diane

• Deedi
    Options

momkidsgran. I’m sorry I can’t offer advice but can sympathize and let you know your not alone . I had a similar experience with my oncologist recently taking me off of abraxane and tecentriq and put me on Xeloda. I had high hopes for the immunotherapy combo. I will pray the Havalan works well for you with minimal side affects.

• sher0959
    Options

Hi Deedi, I believe you are right. Keeping the positive attitude is half the battle. I hope your oncologist has a good plan in place for you from your recent visit. I am having axillary lymph node dissection this coming Monday. The MRI did not show anything new but did show additional shrinkage in the affected lymph nodes since the CT scan so that's good. I don't blame you on the long term. I have really thought it about it this time and by the time I go through surgery, more treatments, then radiation- I may be at that point soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sherry

• Deedi
    Options

I hope you are doing well after surgery. Thinking of you and hoping you are healing and feeling well. I feel that your are on the right treatment plan and the road to recovery. Enjoy the thanksgiving holidays!! Sending love and prayers.

• sher0959
    Options

Hi Deedi, I have recovered from surgery. The surgeon removed 18 lymph nodes and there were no active cancer cells. I am currently doing radiation and continuing the immunotherapy for several months. I've had some slight lymphedema but wearing a sleeve to help. I am sorry for not checking in sooner. How are you? Sending love and prayers. Sherry