Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Size 550cc or 600cc

Options
Brunstad
Brunstad Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Breast Reconstruction

I will have exchange surgery Aug 9. My PS is giving me the suggestion and option to go with either a 550 cc or 600cc silicone high profile implant. I am wondering how much difference it really is. My expanders are filled to 610cc now. If anyone has gone with either, what size bra cup do you get? I'd like to be a C cup

Comments

• LisaK12
    LisaK12 Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2018
    Options

I think a lot depends on the circumference of your ribcage and width and height of your breasts/implants as well as your body proportions. Do you know how much breast tissue they removed during the mastectomy? That can be a helpful baseline. I was a large C/small D before mastectomy but they were pretty wide and a bit droopy. They removed about 530 ccs of tissue from each side during the mastectomy and put in 550 cc silicone implants in a moderate plus profile. The shape is slightly different than the originals though -- rounder, perkier, narrower, less droopy, maybe slightly less projection but slightly "fuller." I am able to wear the same bras and tops that I wore before the surgery and would say I am a full C. The best part is being able to go braless sometimes. Good luck and I hope this helps.

• veggal
    veggal Member Posts: 261
    edited July 2018
    Options

I have 615's and was previously a 34B. Now I am a 34 DD, but I don't feel huge...just nice and full. 

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,222
    edited July 2018
    Options

50ccs is the equivalent of 3 tablespoons - unlikely to make a discernible size difference when spread across the entire implant. I have had a 600cc implant, a 500cc implant and a 445cc implant and wore the same bra with all three.

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    edited July 2018
    Options

I was a small 38B before mastectomies. I have 600 cc in one and 450 in the other. They look same size more or less.. in fact 450 cc looks bigger a bit. I now wear a size 38C.

It does depend on your ribcage size and body shape.

wallan

• Brunstad
    Brunstad Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Options

having exchange surgery tomorrow. What to expect