Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ixempra

Options
124»

Comments

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    Options

My MO returned from vacation today and called me this evening. It turns out that the issues are in the dura and it the brain itself. He is recommending radiation, but he hasn’t yet discussed it with a radiologist. He plans to do that tomorrow. In the meantime, he has prescribed decadron for the headaches. It will be wonderful to get that relief, but I will probably be trading the headache for insomnia. Oh well. I won’t have any chemo until radiation is complete because radiation and Ixempra apparently don’t play well together. I don’t know what type of radiation or number of treatments yet. Hopefully I will get answers before too long.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    Options

My time on Ixempra has come to an end. The recent progression into my brain and dura means it’s time to move on. It looks like it will be either carboplatin or, if I am Her-2 low, Enhertu. In the meantime I will have an MRI of my lower spine to see if the mets in the dura are also in the spinal fluid.

For anyone who is considering trying Ixempra, I tolerated it well. In spite of the fact that I read so many horrible things about Ixempra, including the fact that it was the worst treatment some people had(and treatment was dropped by many),I suffered no serious SEs. I had no nausea, no vomiting, no serious aches and pains. I had a day of achy legs after infusion, but not even Tylenol was needed. Remember that everyone is different. If you try Ixempra, I hope you also have an easy time on it.
    Lynn

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 493
    Options

Hello dear Lynn! I am glad to hear that Ixempra was fairly kind to you and sad and sorry that cancer has been so cruel. I am hopeful that your MRI will show nothing in spinal fluid. You are such a super trooper, always positive and seldom complain even though I'm sure you could. I have now had 2 cycles of Enhurtu and am finding it a relatively easy tx, at least so far for me, so hoping you will be able to join us on that thread. It has been a pretty quiet thread and that is usually a good sign, right? I think of you often even if you only hear from me now and then. Very best wishes~ Jo