Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Has anyone else used black seed oil?

jessd23
jessd23 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2019 in Alternative Medicine

I am just curious if anyone else has been using black seed oil for breast cancer (nigella sativa) and the results they have experienced. I have been taking it for a few months and I am (so far anyways) stable. I am wondering if I stumbled across a hidden gem or am I the last to know about this stuff?!

Comments

• filabrasileiro
    filabrasileiro Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2018

what brand of oil and amount do you take each day? do you use any seeds as well? I am getting some oil and some ground seed to use and I believe it was recommended 1 teaspoon of oil 2x a day and tablespoon of ground seed (might use it on foods for seasoning).

• capecodgirl
    capecodgirl Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2018

I took it for a couple months-stopped because I could not find any info on whether it interfered with the tamoxifen I was taking at the time. I did not notice any difference, but did not take if that long. I will say I do not miss the taste of it

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited August 2019

I am trying to revive this thread. I recently read that black seed oil was good for breast and specifically aiding in chemo efficacy and helping to prevent/slow tamoxifen resistance. Anyone else in this? I bought some yesterday but have not started it yet. I planned to buy the seed supplement but came upon a good quality oil and bought that instead. Is there any risks with using the oil versus the seeds? I did see one article about seeds increasing NK (natural killer)cells but not the oil.

• shorty123
    shorty123 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2019

Would love to hear from persons that has used or still using black seed oil.