Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any stage IV surviving 5+ years ?

Options
123457»

Comments

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

PROTACs are a way to degrade specific proteins that drive cancer, one for ER is called ARV-471, which is in trials with everolimus or CDK4,6i, etc…

• coffee-lover
    coffee-lover Member Posts: 12
    Options

I rejoined the forums yesterday after a liver biopsy. I was last here in early 2017. Hopefully I'll get some news at onc appt on Thurs. I'm a bit freaked out but appreciate the optimistic posts here.

• harrow
    harrow Member Posts: 62
    Options

Hi everyone,

I wanted to say thank you for sharing your stories! They provide me with so much hope. I was diagnosed de novo ER- PR- HER2+ in August 2023 with mets to bone and liver. In March, three tiny brain mets were discovered that my team thinks were already there prior to treatment and only started growing once I was done with taxol (re: BBB) in December as I was NED in my body after 3 rounds of treatment in October. I have really struggled emotionally these past 8 months. Some days I have faith that I will live to see my kids become adults, but other days I really struggle to see how it could even be possible.

Reading these different long-term survival threads really pulls me out of my dark place and provides a lot of comfort but they can be challenging to find. I wonder if there would be a way to group them together or tag them so they all show up and are easier to find when you do a search?

Thinking of you all and hoping to follow in your footsteps!