Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

surviving a recurrence

Options
2»

Comments

• M-and-M37
    M-and-M37 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2020
    Options

first time posting here. Went for an unrelated scan and found that my cancer has reoccurred about a year and eight months out. Three hot lymph nodes in the node that grew 4 millimeters on my lungs. Terrified. I didn’t do well with the chemo the first time through, so I’m unsure what my game plan is going to be. I’m going on Wednesday to meet with my medical oncologist. I do have a new team. My first team except for the radiation oncolo really sucked. So I changed to a teaching hospital when I was finished with chemo. Glad I did. Not sure what questions to ask any advice would be welcome. Hang in there

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,100
    edited May 2020
    Options

M&M - sorry for your recurrence. Mine was a local recurrence & happened in a lymph node by my collar bone not quite 2 years after a bi-lateral mastectomy.

You didn't say what testing you've had so far, but I'd push for CT and MRI. If those come back positive, I'd push for an oncotype is relevant and maybe some genetic testing. Glad you switched to an NCI hospital. Good luck.

• M-and-M37
    edited May 2020
    Options

Thanks. Yes I’m glad I switched. I went in for a CT of my heart and they saw the inflammation in two of my lymph nodes. Two days later I had a pet scan which showed three hot lymph nodes and growth on my lung.

• M-and-M37
    edited May 2020
    Options

hey MinusTwo and everyone

Met with my oncology team last week. Still waiting on the fish test. The treatment depends on whether it’s HER 2 Plus or minus. Hoping for the minus as I had a difficult time with chemotherapy. Still have some extensive neuropathy from it. I got the news today that I do not qualify for an EBRT stereotactic radiation clinical trial. Makes me very sad. I’m having a really difficult time coping to be honest. I didn’t feel this despair the first time I was diagnosed. I did get the genetic testing the first time around and it came back negative. I I can’t seem to keep it together for more than a few hours at a time-Rolling over me in waves. I do have an appointment with the psychologist tomorrow. A virtual appointment for our brave New World. Not much of a fan, as I’m in the field. (Social worker). Desperate times call for desperate measures. On a more positive note my boyfriend gifted me with a puppy. This was in our master plan, on our bucket list, when I was first diagnosed in 2018. It’s wonderful, but exhausting At the same time. It does keep my focus off myself. She’s curled up in my lap right now as I talking to my tablet. So on a positive last note I will share a picture of my sweet Rosie. Cheers ladies

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited May 2020
    Options

oh a Boston Terrier...so cute! You hang in there k? I have swollen salivary gland. Going in Thursday praying thats all it is. Ambien and Attivan until then...

• M-and-M37
    edited May 2020
    Options

imagein my prayers 7of9. From your Dx looks like you’ve been through more than enough.

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi M and M...my appt went well. Salivary 3 mm stone blocking duct. Enjoy that little pup!