Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

ILL- defined borders

Options
Redjuliet1229
Redjuliet1229 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2019 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello, this is my first post. I received the results yesterday for my mammogram.... I have to have a repeat next week they saw a 1.5 cm spot that had ill-defined borders. That is the part that worries me because what I have read ill- defined borders are not good .....I was just wondering if anybody knew ifsomething benign could have ill defined borders? I’ve been worryimg since I found out .

Thanks

Comments

• buffalowings
    buffalowings Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2019
    Options

it could be benign. If you have dense surrounding tissue it may just be that the tissue around the lump is concealing some of its borders and they can't see them all clearly. Many benign things can have irregular/ill defined borders!

• Redjuliet1229
    edited March 2019
    Options

thank you so much for replying, I’ve tried not to look things up. pretty much everything I’ve read says that if it’s benign it will have Smooth borders. Praying its something else.

Thank you again

• buffalowings
    edited March 2019
    Options

I know your worry. I was a wreck waiting on my own biopsy results. Hypoechoic, irregular margins, large, calcifications - it was bad looking and sounding every which way. Found out last Friday it was a benign complex sclerosing lesion. So there is the possibility of it being benign even with bad sounding attributes. Hang in there. The not knowing and wondering is so awfu.

• Redjuliet1229
    edited March 2019
    Options

oh thank you, and I’m so glad you got a good results. I’m so happy to hear that it could be something else. I just don’t want to completely tell myself it’s going to be good results and then get Other news...

• Redjuliet1229
    edited March 2019
    Options

I also wanted to ask did they give you a size? they told me 1.5 cm was what they were looking at

• Shelbybelbyboo
    Shelbybelbyboo Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    Options

when I had my last mammogram before my lumpectomy for my Radial scar the report read " distortion upper left over an area measuring 2.8CM×3.0CMx1.4CM". Ultrasound for same area read "irregular hypoechoic and nodular tissue measuring 1.3CMx1.0CMx0.8CM. Size may be underestimated sonographically".

As scary as that report read it was a completely benign histology. I wish you the best with your follow up Redjuliet1229

• buffalowings
    edited March 2019
    Options

yes, I had a size of 2.2cm x.50x 2.1 cm on mine. What I have is similar to what the other poster has as well

• Redjuliet1229
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thank you so much