Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation April 2019

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209
    edited December 2019
    Options

Yay for good news, ItsHandled!

I have to see my RO next week and my MO next month for check-ups. Feeling good, so I hope everything is good.

• ItsHandled444
    ItsHandled444 Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thank you RosieRed! Hoping you have good results also!
    Hugs!

• jessie123
    jessie123 Member Posts: 134
    edited December 2019
    Options

Well glad to see the April group is still together. I ended radiation the middle of May and had my first mammogram the middle of July -- also saw the surgeon the same day. They took a million pictures, but it didn't hurt. The radiologist said that they like to get a baseline after radiation. I was fine, but the birad score was higher than normal because of all the scar tissue. I was no where near healed at that time. My skin has just in the last month or so gone back to it's normal color and that breast is beginning to shrink a little. Now I'm dreading my yearly MRI that's coming up in January. I see the surgeon twice a year and my oncologist every 3 months for the first year or two. Glad every one is doing well.

• piperkay
    piperkay Member Posts: 132
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi All,

Just thought I would share that I had a nice little impromptu reunion with my radiation techs and front desk staff today when my husband had an unrelated appointment in a nearby building. Although I didn't think I'd be back "in the neighborhood," it happened so I stopped in there down in the basement of the building and had hugs and exclamations of "great to see you!" and "oh I love your hair!" and other nice things. So strange to think that I WANTED to go back there, but the people really make a huge difference, and they probably don't get enough thanks - even if they do, it can't be enough for all the support they give just by their kindness and warmth. Next week I'll see my chemo nurses when I have a now-quarterly visit with my MO. I only saw them a few times, as compared to 20 days almost consecutively with the radiation staff, but I love them too!

But for a few lingering generally minor issues, I think I've mostly healed from the radiation, and will see my RO next month for a follow up.

Hope all is going well with everyone from this radiation group. And I hope you're not even reading this because you're doing so well you don't visit this site anymore!

Anne

• ItsHandled444
    edited February 2020
    Options

PiperKay: I agree the radiation techs are the best, I let them know how important they were for me during treatment. My place closed right after my last treatment but I pass the building often and it's surreal that I went there every day for 6 weeks. Last issue is my shrinkage from radiation which has me lopsided but plastic surgeon said they can only match the good sister to the bad sister as I had radiation, wish I was told this before radiation as she said they could have reconstructed before radiation but now they cannot do anything on the radiated side. I am stumped as my Oncologist told me they could do reconstruction after radiation? Thankfully I had my annual mammogram and all clear. Anastrozole for 4 1/2 more years and hopefully that's it for this journey.
    Happy to hear you are doing well!
    Hugs!
    Linda

• ItsHandled444
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hello everyone! Just wanted to hop on and check in with everyone as you all know this month is our one year anniversary of starting radiation. So crazy that it's been a year already! As far as any lingering SE's from rads, I still have tightness in the breast and I am quite lopsided but thinking I'll live with it as I really didn't like the options they gave me for symmetry at this point. Really wish they didn't tell me they would give me options after radiation as the options changed drastically as to what I could have before rads. I am still numb in my armpit from lymph node removal but not a big deal as I only notice when I shave. Anastrazole... well De Quervains was pretty painful and went on too long but got a cortisone shot after 4 months and within the week it was gone or at least feels like it. The day after the shot I got a nodule on my other hand, now I have trigger finger in my thumb but avoiding a doctor appointment due to Covid19. My Onco appt was supposed to be last week but got postponed a month, so hopefully this virus will be behind us soon and I can get an appointment. They wanted to do a video appt but that does not make sense since they need to do a visual and exam so they agreed we could reschedule. All these things are minor compared to the beast that started all of this! Grateful for clear mammo in December and the support of everyone here. This community is great and made a huge difference while going through treatment and after. Stay safe and healthy!
    Hugs!
    Linda