Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo Starting August 2019

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• HeartShapedBox
    HeartShapedBox Member Posts: 117
    Options

Hey everyone! 

OnTarget ugh, how frustrating to have complications with your implant! And scary to be in the hospital during covid, glad you stayed otherwise healthy!

I’m only 5 months out from my mastectomy and axillary dissection, so lots of numbness and tenderness in the area. I’ve just resigned myself to never feeling normal again. Radiation really messed things up further, it opened up part of my scar line and created ropey lumps of scar tissue where I once had a beautiful thin smooth scar. ☹️ PT after surgery helped SO much with the tightness, cording and lymphedema, but then covid prevented me from continuing after radiation, so some of that has returned.

Flowerkid I join you on the Kadcyla train Monday. Totally dreading it, and afraid it will be hard on me since I seem so sensitive to chemo in general. I’ve already had lots of aches and nausea on the herceptin alone, increasing each cycle (which everyone else seems to breeze through). 

• OnTarget
    OnTarget Member Posts: 124
    Options

i did want to add that bench pressing- just a few sessions- eliminated the pain in my pecs at my breastbone.

Not sure why, but I'd had some level of pain there since my mastectomy. The first day bench pressing it was pretty uncomfortable . It improved each time, and after a few sessions, the pain is gone!!

• flowerkid
    flowerkid Member Posts: 83
    Options

Hearthshaped - of course everyone responds differently, but I will share that I was so nervous about kadcyla. I know a lot of us "talked" about it already. I have had 6 cycles and so far so good. Minimal/minor issues. I am optimistic. I am thinking of you today and wishing you well

And doing pt exercises at home also help. I was only going out to pt once a week anyways .

Ontarget - awesome to hear about the bench pressing!

I AM trying to plan a family car camping trip since everyone is finally starting to go bonkers with the stay at home piece. Camping - since we won't have to touch other people s things took much and we are campers already. although I don't sleep so well these days so I am anxious that it will be harder during camping. And I am nervous about leaving town while on kadcyla. My MO says I am ok to do so, suggest doing it the second week after treatment.