Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Solo Herceptin after Taxol w/ Herceptin - Changes in SE?

Options
2»

Comments

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    Options

dvhmouse - I had a sore mouth, I would rinse it out in weak saltwater and I ate lots of popsicles. I also had a continuous runny nose, but not the headaches.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,092
    Options

jouje = no joint of muscle pain - 5 years down the road. I can't remember for sure but think it was less than 6 months.

• byhisgracetwice
    byhisgracetwice Member Posts: 218
    Options

hi all

I’m Stage IV, bone mets, IDC. Had my first Herceptin infusion April Fool’s Day; a 90 minutes loading dose. It was my first ever of any treatment other than surgery and radiation. Long story about my med history and allergies I won’t repeat here, but within ten minutes I got hot (feverish.) I started nausea/vomiting about an hour in. Headache, chills, fever of 102.5 lasted 12 hours post infusion. Several days of significant diarrhea. I’m still feeling washed out But better each day.

I know it’s unusual to have a solo Herceptin infusion without prior infusions combined with chemo or Perjerta, but have any of y’all had or know of anyone with a similar reaction? Any suggestions what might reduce the reaction next time? Thank you.

j

• ByUmom2
    ByUmom2 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    ByHisGraceTwice- I wanted to let you know that the nausea and etc. might be because they gave you a loading dose. I had done Herceptin once a week with Taxol for 12 weeks and had no nausea. After the 12 weeks I was to start the solo Herceptin every 3 weeks. I took a 3 week break after the taxol because of a trip out of town so when I came back and started the solo Herceptin, they gave me a super loading dose. Exactly 24 hours after my loading dose I had severe vomiting. It was crazy. Came on just instantly. All my doses since then have been the normal dose for every 3 weeks. Never had anymore nausea. I do have some fatigue now and then. I have 2 more infusions left!! Hopefully you won’t have any more SE’s. Maybe they should give you some Zofran for nausea and perhaps Pepcid push for stomach issues. It doesn’t hurt to ask your doctor. Better than feeling nauseated. Good Luck and take care!!
  • byhisgracetwice
    byhisgracetwice Member Posts: 218
    Options

ByUmom2 — thank you and best wishes all goes well for your lastwo infusions

• dvhmouse
    dvhmouse Member Posts: 130
    Options

Anybody receiving their Herceptin via injection (like trastuzamab hylecta)? I have for my last four treatments. I really hate it and seems to have given me bad arthritis in my feet, ankles, knees and hands. I still don’t feel like I’m heading towards normal. Sorry for the vent, just ready for this to be done

• ohionana1605
    ohionana1605 Member Posts: 67
    Options

minus two, did you take Claritin for watery eyes? Mine just won’t stop. Thanks. Be

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,092
    Options

I actually went to my ophthalmologist and she said to use drops - "Systane" or "Thera Tears Ultra"

• smoothoperator78
    smoothoperator78 Member Posts: 72
    Options

finished up weekly taxol + herceptin on Nov 17. Started 3x weekly herceptin Nov 23 over 90 minutes at the higher dose.

It feels like I’ve aged 20 years. Cloudy urine the first 5 days and then muscle stiffness and soreness, especially calves and hips ever since. The next infusion is Dec 15 and I will ask to go back on weekly infusions. They were so much better than this three week dose. I can barely get out of a chair and up a flight of stairs.