Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2020 Surgery Group

Options
167891012»

Comments

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

LiveLoveLaugh - nice to hear from you. I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I'm in the midst of chemo and coming up to my 3rd of 4 treatments this Friday. Stay well everyone and keep in touch!

• martaj
    martaj Member Posts: 307
    Options

I have follow up appt with breast surgeon this morning. My surgery was 2/13. mastectomy R, reduction L, reconcstruction,also nodes right axillary. I finished radiation end of April, and yesterday got fitted for bras. I went down 6 cup sizes!!!! I am small in statue and weight, so having this surgery not only to remove where cancer was housed but the reduction was a plus. I can now buy bras off the rack and my back isn't killing me anymore. I ended up buying 7 new bras. Doing very well, NED at this point. Next on list is mammogram in June. I am triple neg. Can't wait to wear my fancy new bra today. Such a mental booster.

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    LiveLoveLaugh2020 Member Posts: 173
    Options

I'm glad Sugar. I hope you're feeling well and good to hear you're on 3/4. Wish you the best.

Martaj good for you. It's so nice when you get to go shopping/wear a normal bra! :)

• MyBestFriends
    MyBestFriends Member Posts: 8
    Options

I am 70 years old in excellent health other than the cancer. I have always had an excellent life style: not smoking or drinking, follow an excellent diet and exercise program. Cancer shocked me!

I had my lumpectomy surgery January 6, 2020. Radiation therapy ended March 11, 2020. Surgery left me with a major hematoma which delayed the radiation. I'm 6 months out now and still have discomfort ( like sore breast when you had a period), and some stinging ( like pulling off a scab). I am surprised at that. My DCIS was 1mm, Estrogen Positive, Grade 3.No lymph nodes were removed. Breast Conservation Surgery removed a section 2.5 cm by 3cm by 2 cm. I am 96 pounds with small breasts. That was a lot to remove and left my breast significantly scarred. I see the surgeon next month and will ask about the soreness / discomfort. I did not expect that.

• ajminn3
    ajminn3 Member Posts: 284
    Options

MyBestFriends- sorry to hear you’re in pain and having discomfort. I had my BMX with immediate recon to implants on 1/6. Everything seemed to heal well, I made it through my 6 rounds of TCHP and now am continuing another 12 rounds of HP. I am on day 8 of 33 for rads. I’m curious how it’ll impact my implant on the left side in the end and if I’ll end up needing more reconstruction surgery (which I was hoping to avoid...

• QueenB44
    QueenB44 Member Posts: 4
    Options

What part of Texas are you in? I'm looking for surgical recommendations.

• LiveLoveLaugh2020
    LiveLoveLaugh2020 Member Posts: 173
    Options

Hope all you January ladies are doing good with all the craziness of this pandemic and navigating everything else that we have to. I finally get to see my PS for the first time since my post op in February in a couple weeks!

Stay safe :)

• moxie32
    moxie32 Member Posts: 51
    Options

Doing well! I have a checkup with OS tomorrow. Started letrozole on May 1, and I don’t have any side effects yet to speak of.

Stay safe