Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tumor markers

Options
2»

Comments

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,709
    edited April 2021
    Options

livin-on-a-prayer, I’m sorry you’re so scared. My 27-29 when I was diagnosed metastatic was up in the 490 range. Almost two years in, it’s still in the 300s. I have mine drawn every month, and they go up and down. I hope your CT can put your mind at ease

• livin-on-a-prayer
    livin-on-a-prayer Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thanks for sharing your story. How are you doing now? I hope your treatment is working well and you are tolerating it ok

• kbl
    edited April 2021
    Options

I am in between trying to see if I stay on my first line or switch. Unfortunately, CTs, PET scans, and bone scans don’t see my extensive cancer, so we can’t tell when I progress. I will be having my first abdominal MRI at the end of the month. They are the only scan that see my cancer. I’m hoping it doesn’t see more than what’s in my stomach. I’ve been having more pain and a few other things that are new symptoms. I also have thyroid issues, so I can’t tell if that’s what’s causing the issues because I haven’t been stable.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited April 2021
    Options

Personally I have never had tumor marker tests because my MO said too many false positives. I am 10 years out this August. Stage 1b, Grade 1 IDC. Lumpectomy and 33 radiation treatments. 5 years on Tamoxifen.

• FGodmother
    FGodmother Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2021
    Options

My CEA climbed from 7, to 11, then to 31.4. I think a good MO who reads the blood work results looks for trends.

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 468
    edited April 2021
    Options

Living,

I hope you get nice clean scan results today. Higher CA 27-29 can be due to other things like inflammation and can vary depending on the lab.

Big hugs!

• livin-on-a-prayer
    edited April 2021
    Options

KBL, I am praying for you - that they can find the extent of your cancer and get a great treatment plan in place. Take care!

• livin-on-a-prayer
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thanks! Still waiting to hear from onc. The waiting is so hard

• kbl
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thank you, livin. I will check in to see how you’re doing.

• KBeee
    KBeee Member Posts: 695
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hoping everything comes back clear. Many things, including inflammation, can cause a rise in tumor markers.