Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The Itty Bitty Titty Committee

Options
13»

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

Ava55, one reason I opted against an implant was because I was worried it would feel strange. There's just no way to know in advance, unfortunately. And I didn't want it enough to take the chance. I think it's safe to assume it WILL feel different in one way or another. It's probably not going to match your natural breast exactly.

You'll have to decide whether a difference is something that will bother you or not. I also didn't want to get rid of the healthy breast, and I was pretty sure that having the two sides not matching in feel/texture/size would drive me crazy. But I'm the kind of person who can't even stand my socks being pulled up to different heights on my legs. 😆

• ava55
    ava55 Member Posts: 42
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I have no option other than the implant as I can’t have DIEP.

So guess I will just have to work with what I get and hope for the best.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,092
    Options

Ava - ask your PS to let you hold & touch & feel some implants before surgery. That helped me better understand the size & shape.

• parakeetsrule
    Options

Implants were also my only option, which was another reason I went flat. I would have considered a DIEP but it wasn't an option. I'm holding out distant hope now for a boob grown in a lab from my cells or regenerated by my own body! But that's probably pretty far off in the future....

• hapa
    hapa Member Posts: 613
    Options

my implants are pre pec and the non cancer side feels like nothing ever happened, unless I actually touch it that is. The cancer side has issues due to contracture and rads damage. But just walking around I don’t really feel anything out of the ordinary on the non cancer side.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

I was a 32B when I got augmentation in 2004 at age 44. I was in great shape at 5' 5"' and around 120lbs, but after 3 kids, the girls were losing their perkiness. So I got bigger boobs to a 34D. When I was diagnosed 10 years later, I was ready to down in size. Even though I told my PS this, he didn't reduce me at all. I'd like to be a 32C, just a little bigger than what God gave me, but I'm not doing surgery unless necessary now.

• PandaPoo
    PandaPoo Member Posts: 6
    Options

I got my surgery date - March 4! I have decided to do skin sparring DMX with immediate reconstruction with DIEP flap. I'm 5'2, 125 lbs, very flat chested. I've never felt sexy and don't really like my hubby touching my itty bitty titties becasue I'm so conscious of it. My breast surgeon didn't think I'd have enough fat until I showed him my belly and he said "wow you hid it well." LOL. I have quite a bit of extra skin and fat after two pregnancies including carrying twins to full term. So I hate my belly as well. Also I'm just asking for a full A size. If she can get it to B, great. Otherwise I'm just happy to have a full A! (I'm really not asking for much, aint I?!).

I'm very nervous about the long surgery and the recovery. I'll be meeting my surgeons to go through the details but it sounds like 8-12 hours are the norm. Geez. I don't know what it'd do to my body long term after being put under for such long time.

But I feel like i've made the right decision for myself. I'm praying very hard for the best scenario - cancer cured, no radiation, no chemo, nice foobs, and flat tummy. LOL. I pray hard for all of us here! We've got this!

• parakeetsrule
    Options

"Wow, you hid it well". Hahahaha. That is hilarious. When you said DIEP and then 5'2"/125 I was like....what?! Full term twins is pretty amazing though. I don't think being under for a long surgery does anything to you, it's the recovery that's going to be hard. Your wish list made me laugh again: "cancer cured, no radiation, no chemo, nice foobs, and flat tummy". Yay! I hope your surgery comes out perfect! :)

• hapa
    hapa Member Posts: 613
    Options

Panda - sounds like things are developing nicely! I hope your surgery goes well and you get great foobs and that flat belly!

• PandaPoo
    PandaPoo Member Posts: 6
    Options

Thank you ParakeetsRule and hapa. You both put a big smile on me.