Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Do you ever stop thinking about BC?

Options
2»

Comments

• whatjusthappened
    whatjusthappened Member Posts: 178
    Options

I finally got my biopsy results back and they came back benign. I don't really understand the report but there is apparently some type of fat necrosis. Thank you for the supportive thoughts. I am relieved:)

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,090
    Options

Good news What'sUP. Congrats

• mountainlover
    mountainlover Member Posts: 59
    Options

great news! Congratulations !

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

I only think of breast cancer in relation to others who have it. Honestly, as I just told someone who is currently going through treatments, breast cancer is at the bottom of my health concern list! I am fine with seeing my MO once a year for a mammogram on my real breast. My body has been well mutilated by breast cancer/plastic surgeons, so there is a constant reminder of what I once went through, but I also have scars from shoulder replacement surgeries and other ailments. Do I think of those every day? No! It is just my 'new normal" and who I am now.

Life is way too short to waste time thinking about medical conditions!

Top of my list for the new year is to get in better shape! I want to be around for a long time and I want to be as healthy as possible. I admit, since March I haven't cared a bit about trying to eat for health or exercise because I was sure I would catch Covid and die from it! Well, so far I have managed to stay Covid free and since I hope to continue to do that, I realized that I need to watch my diet and exercise both my body and brain! So yes, my New Year's resolution is trite, but that's okay, because I will be better for it!

So to answer the topic question: NO, I don't think about breast cancer anymore! (And I feel MUCH happier!)

Happy New Year to All! Come on 2021!

• whatjusthappened
    whatjusthappened Member Posts: 178
    Options

Mavericksmom, that's a great attitude and great goal for the year! I don't think it's trite in the least-my goal is the same.

Your post prompted me to go back and read my original post, which was made exactly a year ago today. I'm afraid I've failed miserably at putting the whole BC thing out of my mind. To be fair, I'm sitting here on pain meds recovering from phase 2 of my reconstruction surgery last week, so it's a little hard to not think about it. I had phase 1 over the summer and a couple of biopsies in between (benign). I've also had a slew of procedures and tests to investigate conditions discovered because of BC imaging and side effects of treatment.

I guess you can't force things out of your head-it really is just going to take time passing to heal those wounds (literally and figuratively). I'm looking forward to the new year, and I have at least managed to find a certain amount of peace that I can deal with whatever may or may not happen in the future.

I hope everyone has a happy new year!

• macb04
    macb04 Member Posts: 756
    Options

So 8 years out, I do have lots of moments when I am blessedly free of ruminations about the wreck the bc industry made of my health.