Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,057
    edited May 1
    Options

The actions of Kristi Noem remind me of the horror stories I’ve read about how Nazi and Iranian soldiers were trained to become heartless and unfeeling. It is actually too upsetting to explain further, but what Noem did is blood curdling. She has ice running thru her veins.

Jackie, your memes are great just how you post them!

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

How different it would be if the campus protestors, instead of causing such chaos, would have set up booths to register voters, and have campaigns to call their elected representatives as well as email, and write snail mail letters to them and the President, stating their opinions! Wow, democracy in action, what a concept. Of course, many who started these protests are neither students nor US citizens!

Trying to relive the 60's anti-war and segregation protests, is like deciding to go back to a typewriter. This is NOT 1968!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,498
    Options

In heavy agreement with all the sentiments expressed over the Israel/Gaza situation. I have Netanyahu likely as long as I have the Loon.

Have stayed away from the tv most of today as far as news. I will catch up later. I am wondering how long till the Loon does a big oops. Also some question since he is having over-lapping hearings on broken gag-orders just what will happen during the second hearing coming up. Likely no jail time there since it is an over-lap, but after that all bets may be off.

I have veered toward wondering if he is doing this to prove to his crowd that he can't be controlled or just what. I also think he has no idea how horrid it would be to actually be in a jail like the most common of criminals. As to how he would actually be treated if they did put him in jail I also question a bit. No one else gets their cell phones and certainly can't order out for McDonalds. Well, we may end up getting to know how that would really go.

There may be a few die-hards who might try to cause some trouble, but I think no one is showing up even when the Loon two or three times specifically asked them to show. I think he has in fact at times been as wearing on 'his' people as he has been on all of us. And, we had more reason to be weary seeing as how we spent the Loon's whole time losing things one way or the other. His people didn't seem to care what was lost to them as long as we (Democrats) were made to suffer.

I guess Kristi N. wanted to prove to the Loon she really had what it took to be an ice-cold b**ch. Somehow (like MTG) many of the Reps. think they have arrived. They can say and do things and have it all wrapped up and neatly packaged and accepted. There are in fact a few Reps. (especially those having to run again this year) who still have some political savvy that hasn't drifted off the edge of the earth with them in tow. They are not happy with people like Noem, MTG, the Loon and many, many others. Just wow!!! Interesting times are coming. I hope they don't get too scary.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,014
    edited May 1
    Options

Trump has never been held accountable for anything in his life, nor have the rules ever applied to him. Hence, his current behavior. As to his followers; I will never, ever understand them, although I know how Hitler, who spelled out exactly what he would do, was voted into office. The protesters are actually playing right into his hands, unrest causes certain people to long for a strongman.

I guess the moral of the Noem story is that it's okay to threaten to beat people up, shot them on 5th Avenue, or storm the Capitol…..but don't mess with puppies!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,823
    edited May 1
    Options

This is a disturbing trend among some Republicans… who can show that they are harder, tougher, colder, and CRUELER than others. And they are flaunting these things as “proof” of what? That is just sick.

• ruthbru
    Options
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,183
    Options

Great meme but horrible visual that fits the republican philosophy…a book can kill you but a gun won't?

• illinoislady
    Options

The Sufi poet Rumi wrote, "Your criticism polishes my mirror." If you understand who you are and respect yourself, you will not see criticisms a problem but as an opportunity to become a better person. When you feel inadequate or imperfect, the criticism is threatening and makes you feel that you have to defend yourself. When you are secure--not perfect, but secure--you can listen to the criticism and consider its value. You can say, "I'm sorry." And "thank you for polishing my mirror," and when it is appropriate you can learn from the criticism and improve your behavior. I say when it is appropriate because there are some people who love to find fault in others. That is their problem. Bernie Siegel

• illinoislady
    Options

Republicans have been disgusting for a long time. They are not bothering to cover it up anymore. Something like their orange leader.

Reading this morning about Todd Blanche and the fact that the Loon is berating him now. He is apparently not as vicious as the Loon wants him to be. So, in looking this over I also read that Blanche who was fairly respected by other lawyers, did a lot of things in choosing to go with the Loon and represent him. He (Blanche) felt that if mafia types etc. could get great representation, than the Loon should be able as well. Can't fault that idea, but to that end Blanche has:

Changed his party affiliation. Bought a home near Mara Lago, goes to Trump events, and works out of Trump offices. He has completely assimilated himself into the TRUMP way. If you ask me that is pretty dangerous. Ask Rudy Guiliani, Michael Cohen, and others. He seems to be setting himself up for a fall from dignity, grace and maybe even a law license. I'll never understand why people, especially with a law license, think they can rub up closely with the Loon and be smart enough to escape the degradation that usually soon follows. They seem to think beforehand they are in some far better condition to judge and be able to sidestep the pitfalls so many others have gone through. They, I presume, look on the Loon as normal when he has never been normal. Normal doesn't work for the Loon and only presents troubles for the person who seems him that way.

Trump is a raging fire and it is much more likely he will consume you than the other way around. He does not have normal thoughts and fears and that is why he can say and do so much that others can't or won't. We are not smarter than him if we try to put him on the same level. It will work for him, but backfire on us every time. One way or the other you will not walk away unscathed.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,183
    Options

Right now I would characterize his behavior as a seething volcano which is soon to erupt. The fact that he cannot control his environment, lacking the ability to assault the witnesses and being made to sit as if he was on a timeout chair is pushing him towards a meltdown or an eruption. Of course, he must temper his remarks to avoid being fined but I am sure anything he verbalizes would be a soup salad anyhow. Loving how this spotlight does not bring him adulation but aggravation. Wonder if he can last several more weeks?

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

Illinois, I couldn't agree with you more about Todd Blanche!

Biden did well when he addressed the protesters this morning. Again, the "students" have a lot to learn. Acting as if they were in 1968 is not only unproductive, but also is the epidemy of ignorance in a tech world! They may be Ivy League, but they aren't old enough to have wisdom and apparently have not learned how to get what you want via representatives and voting!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,823
    Options

While I have and always will support non-violent, non-destructive protests, I remember well the passion and fervor that youth often brings to a cause, I think many of them are still unable to move beyond the emotions of the situation and little ability to understand the repurrcussions/consequences down the line. While I admire their passion, passion needs to be tempered at times. Epitome of ignorance? Perhaps but history looks very different through 21 year old eyes than it does through the eyes of older adults.

• ruthbru
    Options
  • ruthbru
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

In the rush of daily living it’s easy to forget all the remarkable people, real or fictional, who have been a part of your life.  But if you just imagine they are near for a moment, you will realize that anyone who ever touched your heart is always with you, patiently waiting to emanate warmth and support whenever you remember to think of them.

Barbara Sher

• illinoislady
    Options

Ruth as always - just thinking - who thinks they are 'Frank Sinatra' sitting in court. And the picture going along with the meme. Way too funny.

He is so gone, it's pathetic. What other 'candidate' would speak in such a fashion. But then, he is following the gag order, pretty shook right now. How long till he slips up?

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited May 3
    Options

This is how you do it if you're a Republican hypocrite.

• illinoislady
    Options

Nutshell time.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Just thinking, if a whole lot of the loon's people are in the poor house now, but at least have hats and shoes while there.

• illinoislady
    Options

There are some Reps. seeing the light. Not enough of them yet, but something to think about when the media tries to give you a case of the "nerves".

• illinoislady
    Options

Well be my guest, and make my day.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Hmm, I was gone all day but heard Hope Hicks made it to the stand for the Loon's trial today. She is one of the few who rubbed shoulders pretty good with the Loon and hasn't seemed to have suffered for it. I just presume that will continue.

Must be difficult — talking about your old boss. Then again, she hasn't much choice and she knows that she WON'T be asked anything with an un-known answer so she can't weasel with her replies. The Loon was already toast anyway with Pecker going first. It is my view that despite anyone who gets on the stand that won't change much. I think the most you might hope for is to soften it mildly, but guilty is guilty and in the long run, enough was known before to carry the case. I think the Loon's lawyers were said to be giving Hicks the opportunity to say nice things about the Loon. Well, fine — but that doesn't take away much from his criminal behavior.

He spent his whole life avoiding consequences and pretty much was set to do so again. Doubtless he was in fact confident in his ability to avoid having to, like the common man, answer for his errant and often dangerous behaviors. I do think this may be the final straw. Not sure but I think this trial was estimated to be about a 6-wk. long ordeal. So, I think he has at least two or two and a half more weeks to sit around and listen to his sins.

Hard to tell what he thinks exactly since he is not normal. Perhaps lucky for him in some ways. If it were the normal people I know they'd have jumped in front of a speeding train by now. That said though, it is taking a toll, I'm sure. He really is something of a captive audience since he is forced to be there. He is being made to behave (gag order) and can't use his phone, or slurp down diet Cokes or have a mid morning Cheeseburger snack. Just sit and listen while his prior life and actions are torn to the shreds he created never dreaming at the time he wouldn't walk away just as he always did.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited May 3
    Options

On the ship of fools along w/ a lot of other Reps.