Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,548
    Options

Really!! It's show and tell time Judge.

• illinoislady
    Options

Exactly why he does it. We let him believe he is invincible by LETTING it happen. He needs to go to jail, no passing Go and collecting the get out of jail card again.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,200
    Options

Do believe he should be put in jail for his infractions but he will turn this into a clown show by playing the martyr which is a role he is convincing at for his followers. Can we just crucify him with words? I am tired of his shenanigans, after all he is a grown man and should be held accountable for his actions like the common man.

• illinoislady
    Options

The Toltec tradition tells us that we surrender a portion of our life force when we dwell on any unhealed wounding event from our past.  The unprocessed emotions surrounding these events burden us and weigh heavily on our hearts.  They must be dealt with if we want access to all of our vitality.  Ultimately, what we will find is that forgiveness is the key to reclaiming all the life force locked in past hurt.

Debbie Ford

• illinoislady
    Options

Both.

• illinoislady
    Options

It's going to be Stormy in the courthouse today. Give him hell, Stormy.

Well, that is what is going on as we speak. No offense to her, but I've heard the name Stormy Daniels way too much along with the Loon's. Seems to be the way it goes. All the people that have spent far too much time connected in one way or the other (either a short or long time) to the Loon get almost as much attention as the Loon himself. I know some people like Michael Cohen have many regrets about the time they spent with the Loon. I admire Cohen for coming to his senses — but I do know it came late and had things happened the way it 'seemed' like they could back then, Cohen would still be with the Loon. In my eyes though Cohen did redeem and continues to redeem himself — unlike others who still hope to stick with the Loon. They have forgotten long ago what real principles are.

There are many more dark and not so attractive people full of greed and avarice than I ever imagined. That is VERY bothersome to me. While I hope in the end we do prevail through all of this I know many of these people will fade into the background, but knowing they are just waiting for another change to bloom will be on my mind. I can't pretend they have disappeared because I know now.

Couple more weeks of this and we will be through and the Loon will have a conviction on his record. I really am un-sure he would actually go to jail, but in any case, there isn't enough of him left to be too concerned. He isn't going out on the campaign trail, even when he has time off on the week-ends because he can't even do a teleprompter speech anymore. He is gone and doesn't really know it since he is being propped up for his trial and just getting through that is hair raising.

He wasn't MUCH before but he is so LESS now. Sad that the media and many Reps. are still standing there in the hopes of what they can get from this almost empty shell of a person. All leeches, grabbing at crumbs and thin air. No wonder so many people are weary of it.

• illinoislady
    Options

Trump Tower is losing business and tenants. I read yesterday that the big fountain inside the building has been turned off. Even the building (let alone the Loon) is on its way down.

• illinoislady
    Options

Good book nails them again.

• illinoislady
    Options

Something good among the other.

• illinoislady
    Options

He is broke. His money in tied up in worthless paper and so when he has needs, he finds a 'grift' so get over the hump which is really huge now. Good Luck Lucifer.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Sign of the Day.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited May 7
    Options

You have probably all seen this, but it is something I enjoyed so much. Not the first time I've seen it either:

CALL TO ACTIVISM

Yesterday at 9:37 AM  · OH THIS IS GOOD!

This old lady handed her bank card to the teller and said “I would like to withdraw $10”. The teller told her “for withdrawals less than $100, please use the ATM.

The old lady wanted to know why... The teller returned her bank card and irritably told her “these are the rules, please leave if there is no further matter. There is a line of customers behind you”.

The old lady remained silent for a few seconds and handed her card back to the teller and said “please help me withdraw all the money I have.” The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and respectfully told her “you have $300,000 in your account but the bank doesn’t have that much cash currently. Could you make an appointment and come back again tomorrow?

The old lady then asked how much she could withdraw immediately. The teller told her any amount up to $3000. “Well please let me have $3000 now.” The teller kindly handed $3000 very friendly and with a smile to her.

The old lady put $10 in her purse and asked the teller to deposit $2990 back into her account.

The moral of this story is....
    Don’t be difficult with old people, they spent a lifetime learning skills.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited May 7
    Options

Oh how true.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,071
    Options

We got some more long awaited good news in the studio saga. Almost exactly two years ago seven members of my team and I filed complaints for unpaid wages against our then-employer. We just got word from the CDLE (Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment) that not only does he owe us back pay….

• he owes us backpay at our massage pay rate, not merely minimum wage
    • his refusal to pay legal wages was willful, so he owes penalties as well as backpay
    • as a result, what had started as a claim of around $40K total over the eight of us will now be in the $150K-260K range depending on when he gets around to paying us

This is just the report from the investigating agent, and he can still appeal the finding. But the report is pretty damning. We'll see if he wants to continue to pay money to his lawyer - who hasn't done a lot in his favor so far. He lost the NLRB recommendation and settled rather than go before a labor judge. We'll see if he's willing to hedge is bets toward another labor judge.

• illinoislady
    Options

What good news Miriandra. I'm thrilled for you. I do hope he chooses to settle — I don't think the NLRB loses often and so I do think trying to go forward at this late juncture would be rather fruitless, as they have already secured wins in this case. Congratulations.

• illinoislady
    Options

Sounds like she is up to her old tricks again. No shame and thinks she is doing the old senile fart machine a favor of some kind — and for what. Any dignity and morals she had went out the widow long ago. Hope she gets left in the dust somewhere and soon.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,074
    Options

I liked this recap of Stormy’s testimony:

Opinion: Caught in Stormy’s tempest, Trump gets a taste of his own medicine

Dana Milbank/WaPo

In a courtroom sketch, Stormy Daniels testifies as Justice Juan Merchan looks on in Manhattan criminal court on Tuesday. (Elizabeth Williams via AP)

NEW YORK — “A very revealing day,” Donald Trump said on the 15th floor of the Manhattan Criminal Courthouse here after his hush-money trial adjourned for the evening on Tuesday.

The trial, which on Monday had been in the doldrums of bookkeepers’ testimony about general ledgers and accounts payable, exploded into its most memorable day yet with the arrival on the witness stand of adult-film actress Stormy Daniels herself.

For nearly a decade, Trump has been the nation’s main chaos agent: He causes the mayhem and the rest of us have to react, adjust, adapt and try to stay calm. But for one day, somebody else was causing the chaos, and Trump and his lawyers were the ones had to react and adapt. They had to ride out Stormy’s storm.

She was a worthy adversary. Daniels attacked her target with the very blend of vulgar accusations and insinuations without evidence that Trump routinely uses on others. In effect, she pulled a Trump on Trump. She was furious, out of control, and uninhibited by what even prosecutor Susan Hoffinger, out of the jury’s hearing, referred to as her witness’s “credibility issues.” Trump, glowering from the defense table, tasted his own bitter medicine.

“I was on the bed ... I had my clothes and shoes off,” she said of their alleged encounter in Trump’s Lake Tahoe hotel suite in 2006. “We were in the missionary position.”

The defense objected. The judge sustained it.

“Was he wearing a condom?” Hoffinger asked at one point.

“Was it brief?” Hoffinger asked.

Daniels testified that, before the sex, she had told a “rude” Trump that “someone should spank you,” and he rolled up a magazine for the purpose. “I swatted him ... right on the butt.”

She testified that Trump said of his wife, Melania: “Oh, don’t worry about that. We ... actually don’t even sleep in the same room.”

She testified that Trump had told her: “You remind me of my daughter because she’s smart and blond and beautiful and people underestimate her as well.”

She intimated that Trump, while not threatening, exercised an “imbalance of power” over her and was “bigger and blocking the way” when she tried to leave the bedroom where she had found him on the bed in his boxer shorts. She said that she wasn’t drugged but “I think I blacked out,” that she endured the episode by “staring at the ceiling” and that she left shaking.

Daniels leveled these and more salacious allegations with a delivery that was almost Trumpian in its flourishes. She raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips in comic gestures of disbelief. She was quick to argue with Trump’s lawyers. She had an excuse for every inconsistency they tried to point out. And she was funny.

When Trump, after meeting her at a golf event, invited her to his hotel for dinner, she said her publicist reasoned that it would be “a great story,” and she added with a rueful smile: “Like, what could possibly go wrong?”

The overflow room, down the hall from the courtroom, erupted in laughter. “Quiet in the court!” yelled an officer.

Trump, who had been dozing his way through the first two weeks of his trial, was now wide-awake. He was shaking his head at her claims and appearing to say “bulls---t,” hectoring his lawyers and tugging at their sleeves to get their attention.

“I understand that your client is upset at this point, but he is cursing audibly, and he is shaking his head visually and that’s contemptuous,” New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan admonished Trump’s lawyers at the bench, out of Trump’s earshot. “You need to speak to him.”

And that was before the testimony about the sex position and the condom.

Trump’s lawyers howled about how unfair it was to see their client, a once and perhaps future president, treated so rudely. “We are talking about somebody who’s going to go out and campaign this afternoon,” Todd Blanche said in arguing for a mistrial because of the “extraordinarily prejudicial” testimony intended only “to embarrass” his client and “to inflame the jury.”

Imagine somebody saying things only to embarrass and inflame!

Another irony-challenged Trump lawyer, Susan Necheles, attacked Daniels during cross-examination for posting something untrue on social media: “So when you tweeted that, that was false.”

Necheles also seemed blind to the avarice of her client, who had recently begun hawking Bibles, when she criticized Daniels because she “wanted to make some money” off her story about Trump. Necheles also condemned Daniels, who owes Trump more than half a million dollars in legal fees after her defamation suit against him was dismissed in 2018, for a tweet saying she would “go to jail before I pay a penny.”

“You don’t care about the court order, do you?” asked the lawyer for the guy twice held in contempt in this very case for violating a court order.

There’s no way to know whether the Daniels testimony will hurt Trump or only make him look persecuted. Jurors were visibly uncomfortable during parts of her testimony.

Daniels, by contrast, seemed to be having a blast. On the witness stand, she mugged for the jury, played with her hair and laughed at her own asides. (“People underestimate women, especially people in the adult industry, when they see blond hair and big boobs.”) She spoke so rapidly and conversationally that Hoffinger asked her several times to slow down, and then the judge asked her to slow down. Daniels would apologize to the court stenographer — then race right on. The judge sustained objection after objection and at one point raised his own objection when the defense didn’t. “The witness was a little difficult to control,” he said when the jury was out of the room.

He sent Hoffinger to talk to Daniels, asking that she “stays focused” and “does not provide any unnecessary narrative.”

It was about as useful as asking Trump, before his rambling, 90-minute rally speeches, to stay focused. But Daniels tried. When the lawyers went before the judge for a sidebar conference, she called to Hoffinger: “Is that better?”

Daniels wore an all-black outfit for her testimony. On the stand, she pulled up her jacket sleeve, revealing a tattooed forearm. She crossed her legs and adjusted her hair clip, which appeared to attach a brown extension to her blonde mane.

Before Daniels even took the stand, Necheles objected to her “testifying about any details of any sexual acts.” The prosecutors said they had taken care “to omit certain details that might be too salacious.” But Daniels was not easily muzzled.

She portrayed Trump, naturally enough, as a sleazy old man. “I knew he was probably as old or older than my father,” she said of Trump, 32 years her senior. When she arrived at the hotel penthouse to meet him, “he was wearing silk or satin pajamas... that I immediately made fun of him for and said, “Does [Hugh] Hefner know you stole his pajamas?”

Trump, according to her testimony, asked if she had a boyfriend and inquired about the labor and health-insurance practices in the adult-film business. She volunteered that her employer had a condom-mandatory policy for its actors (Trump, at the defense table, angrily shook his head at this) and offered to show him her clean test record for sexually transmitted diseases (“he waived that privilege”). She testified that she found cheap “Old Spice and Pert Plus” in the billionaire’s leather toiletry bag, and “I thought that was both amusing and odd.”

She said she did a “jump scare” upon finding Trump on the bed after she emerged from the bathroom: “I wasn’t expecting someone to be there, especially minus a lot of clothing.” She said she “laughed nervously” and said “I need to go.” Trump, who had dangled the possibility of putting her on “The Apprentice” reality-TV show as a contestant, now, according to Daniels, snapped at her: “I thought you were serious about what you wanted, if you ever want to get out of that trailer park.”

Daniels added: “I was offended because I never lived in a trailer park.”

When the sex act was over, she testified, Trump called her “honey bunch” and told her that they should “get together again.”

Daniels detailed other meetings between the two and many calls over the next couple of years. (Trump was always dangling the prospect of an “Apprentice” appearance, she said.) She described her attempt to sell the story of their encounter, she said, until she was threatened in a parking lot and told to keep quiet about it. Then Hoffinger took her through the rest of the well-known tale: Trump’s presidential run, the “Access Hollywood” recording, the alleged hush money and nondisclosure agreement brokered by Trump fixer Michael Cohen, and finally the bad lawyering Daniels received from her famously disgraced lawyer, Michael Avenatti.

Necheles, in her cross-examination, was slashing. But Daniels was quick on her feet.

“Am I correct that you hate President Trump?”

“And you want him to go to jail, right?”

“I want him to be held accountable.”

Necheles read aloud a Daniels tweet saying “I’ll never give that orange turd a dime,” producing laughter on the 15th floor. “You despise him, and you made fun of how he looks.”

“Because he made fun of me first.”

“That story has made you a lot of money,” Necheles said.

“It has also cost me a lot of money,” Daniels replied.

Acidly, Necheles said that Daniels deduced that “if you want to make money off President Trump, you better talk about sex, right?”

That wasn’t her thinking, Daniels responded, then added: “Although, that does seem to be the case.”

Trump’s lawyers, whose cross-examination continues on Thursday, will be able to point to inconsistencies that undermine Daniels’s credibility. Also, it isn’t at all clear that the lurid details she introduced into the trial record will be relevant as the jury decides about the allegations of hush money and falsified records deployed as Trump successfully kept the Daniels’s story away from the public in the final weeks of the 2016 election.

But in another sense, Daniels’s testimony, salacious and otherwise, seemed thoroughly credible — and relevant to the current moment.

Credible, because, even in small details, she appeared to be describing the Trump everyone recognizes. “He’d ask me questions and then not let me finish the answer,” she said, “almost like he was trying to one-up me, which was really just hilarious when you think about it."

Relevant, because Americans can expect a return of similarly tasteless episodes if voters elect Trump this fall, for that is his specialty. Nobody comes off well in this trial: not Stormy Daniels, not Michael Cohen, not the craven Trump lawyers and not the prosecutors who elicited the vulgar testimony. But there is one person above all who has turned this story, and so much else in today’s politics, into tawdry spectacle — and that is the defendant.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,200
    Options

Great story. Thanks for posting. It seems like he has met his match and then some.

• illinoislady
    Options

Would that there were an award for people who come to understand
    the concept of enough.  Good enough.  Successful enough.  Thin
    enough.  Rich enough.  Socially responsible enough.  When
    you have self-respect, you have enough.

Gail Sheehy

• illinoislady
    Options

Glad you put that in Divine. I had not found anything on it as of yet. Lots of back and forth, but it seems like the important thing is that Daniels helps to back up Cohen who is pretty much the principal witness who will detail payment involvement after prior agreements with other close friends or employees of Trumps conspiring cover-ups involving Daniels.

So much for the Trump arrogance. He is just another insecure dirty old man who has to pay for sex. Just another 'avenue' where he always loses one way or the other. In that, Daniels does have the typical 'true' story of the Loon. I can think of so many men who would not have had to ever even think of having to pay for a female escort or companion, let alone sex. Yet here is Mr. Perfect and ever more so who have to pay for a lady to spend time with him. He is needy and seedy. I hope that Ms. Daniels holds up on Thursday. She seems to have done okay so far. Trump is definitely getting a taste of 'how it feels' and sadly is just irritated about being told on.

• illinoislady
    Options

She's not fooling me — she sends out for his cheeseburgers just hoping they will do their work soon.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Yes, indeed.

• illinoislady
    Options

Real men wouldn't have anything to do with the Loon, period.

• illinoislady
    Options