Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,153
    Options

Well Marge — I call you dumber than a pile of mud, and I note all the people behind you look like they are trying not to notice what you just said. In fact, they look like they'd be happier on a slow boat to the Netherlands or somewhere.

• illinoislady
    Options

Yep.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,154
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    Options

His fans have been doing this from the get-go.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,200
    Options

Whishing all who post here well. I likely won't be joining in again. My anxiety level is at an all-time max, no doubt many of my medications for BP, cancer, glaucoma, etc have contributed to the way I feel, mentally. I am taking a big break from the news too.

The clincher was when I watched a newsperson interview people waiting in line to hear Trump talk at one of his rally's and they were the dumbest people I ever heard speak! They want a Civil War! It would be possible if we were divided North and South as in the 1860's, but we are so intertwined now, how exactly do they think that is going to happen? Personally, I wish all the MAGAs would move to Florida and TX! (no offence to anyone living in either of those states) The real stupidity is that if Trump wins, if they did away will all things Democratic, who would they fight against? The same people they fight against now, each other!

I just can't worry any more about Trump and MAGA. If you've seen one meme, you have seen them all. Even though most are truly funny, memes no longer make me feel better, sometimes they make me feel worse.

It is me, not any of you, it is just how I am. I know myself well enough that I need to concentrate on all things NOT related to the election, vote, and let the chips fall where they may. I still plan to donate to Democratic candidates, but I don't know if I will still be involved in their campaigns.

I have gotten so lost in the thought of wondering if we will survive this election, if the world as we know it in the USA will still be the same next year at this time, if there will be a Thanksgiving to celebrate, Christmas, etc or was last year's holidays the last? I know I have no desire to celebrate Independence Day this year. It will just be July 4th but with loud fireworks set off by drunk neighbors.

I am taking a holiday from all things political and the news in general. I am concentrating on enjoying family, friends, and sports. I am a huge Phillies fan and college sports fan (PSU and MSU), and Eagles & Dolphins fan.(I had a huge crush on Bob Griese when I was a teen). My free time will be spent writing down memories for my grandchildren, reading non-political books, and watching sports!

Ignorance sometimes is indeed bliss!

Love you all, carry on……………..No need to respond, I wouldn't see it anyway, but thank you for welcoming me into this "community."

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

mavericksmom,

I hear you and completely understand. We have to protect our emotional health. Take care

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,150
    Options

Maverick, in case you do peek back on; we all totally get it. Taking mental health breaks is a good and a very smart thing to do. And we all should be putting the majority of our time into family, friends, and doing the things we enjoy. (I have been to a game at your Phillies stadium when I visited Philadelphia!). Enjoy your summer and we'll see you when we see you. 💓💓

• illinoislady
    Options

What a desolate place would be a world without flowers.  It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome.  Are not flowers the stars of the earth?  And are not our stars the flowers of heaven?

Clara Balfour

• illinoislady
    Options

I agree. I plan on spending a fair amt. of time as I always do here. I chose some time back to limit the amt. of daily news that I consumed. At least one of our tv's was on MSNBC all the time, from the time we got up in the morning till we went to bed. I finally got over-saturated (especially after the Loon) and now morning news and then the channel is changed to something else — almost anything as long as its not news.

I want to have a fair idea of just what is 'going' on although it likely would never much affect the way I vote.

Speaking of that, I did read something earlier about how reasonable and very sane Republicans are totally aware of Trump and how awful he is —but they are Reps. and just can't switch. I think I know since I very much DO identify with being a dyed in the wool Democrat. I guess I would have to admire to a degree a person who just can't let go. It is not Trump they feel they have to stay true to but having that R behind their name. The only difference is that I would still vote for the person I thought was truly the best even if that meant I'd actually vote for a Republican. The first time John McCain ran, Dh and I actually talked about the possibility of voting for him. In the end we didn't, and when he ran the second time and picked Sara Palin for a VP we didn't give him a moment's consideration. For one thing, even before he chose Palin, he sounded a lot different.

All to say I do understand taking a break, even a long one. I just take my break by not consuming non-stop news. I still need one foot in the water so to speak.

• divinemrsm
    Options

Agree with everyone else, maverick, that it’s most important to take care of your mental and emotional health. I am cautious with what news I expose myself to. I watch what kinds of online articles I click on. I’m aware of the political atmosphere but try not to be immersed in it. Take care! We will miss you but will continue to think well of you!

Excerpt from HCR’s newsletter:

June 14, 2024 (Friday)

Today, former president Trump turned 78. For his birthday, Representative Greg Steube (R-FL) introduced a bill to name 4,383,000 square miles of the coastal waters off the United States over which the U.S. has sole authority, a region called the exclusive economic zone, the “Donald John Trump Exclusive Economic Zone of the United States.”

A less welcome present was that the chief executive officers who attended a meeting with Trump in Washington yesterday told reporters they found him uninformed and unfocused. Christina Wilkie and Brian Schwartz of CNBC noted that the attendees dislike the Biden administration’s enforcement of antitrust laws, its price caps on drugs and medical products, and its promise of progressive tax policy and like Trump’s promise to slash regulations and cut taxes, so they went into the meeting hoping to support him.

One CEO left the meeting with the takeaway that “Trump doesn’t know what he’s talking about,” and several, Andrew Ross Sorkin of CNBC reported, said that he “was remarkably meandering, could not keep a straight thought [and] was all over the map.” He could not explain how he planned to accomplish any of the policies he was proposing. When asked why he had chosen a policy of bringing the corporate tax rate down to 20%, he allegedly answered: “Well, it’s a round number.”

No one applauded Trump, attendees reported, in striking contrast to reports of the enthusiasm of Republican lawmakers yesterday. This difference underscores that Trump likely intended yesterday’s grandstanding to send a political message that Republican members of Congress support him despite his criminal convictions, while the lawmakers themselves were trying to show party unity at a time when they are bitterly divided.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,288
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

We are all flowers in the Great Spirit's garden.  We share a common root, and the root is Mother Earth.  The garden is beautiful because it has different colors in it, and those colors represent different traditions and cultural backgrounds.

Grandfather David Monongye (Hopi)

• illinoislady
    Options

Now we are up to "kissing" up to black people for the Loon. Not going to do much good for him but gives him some way to steer some focus away from his VERY recent felony convictions. Amazing that he goes to the Bronx and Detroit to accomplish this. I don't know about Detroit, but the people who showed up to the Bronx were mainly white — coming in from elsewhere.

Anyway, the Loon claims that his ahem LARGE black following shows he is not a racist and that any insinuation that he is, is definitely fake news. It is no more fake than your actually loving blacks. You don't love anyone but yourself and happily spit out your own kind if you think them disloyal in even the slightest ways.

This will work with his crowd but no one else is going to buy it. He in fact, is doing a whole lot of pandering of late. What else does he have. He once again says he will fix Russia/Ukraine in a day. All this while pandering to the J-6 'patriots' in jail as we speak. Going to pardon them. REALLY.

Sort of predictable and will siphon off some focus on his highly convicted super felonious recent past, but he is delusional and senile.

Going to have to come up (and I'm pretty sure he will) with a reason to skip the upcoming debate — is it the 27th. of this month, with Biden. The Loon claims Biden is the one who has lost it in senility and can't pass a cognitive test like he (the Loon) did with Ronny Johnson. Did anyone bother to tell the Loon he didn't take one with Ronny Johnson either. The Loon has five months to talk himself into a presidency while going ever deeper into senility to the point he hates Milwaukee and black people love him. I think the slope is getting quite a lot slipperier.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

By the way, I do wish a happy day to all Fathers today. I miss mine everyday — not just on HIS day. When I was going through a few of my years I wasn't sure how I felt about my dad. In later years I discovered I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. He had a tender, loving and compassionate side that he didn't show a lot of the time — but he showed it to me and changed my world completely.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited June 16
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Terrorists in the court.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Why greed and fear work so well — at those Trump rallies'

• illinoislady
    Options

Too bad it doesn't help you keep your mouth shut.

• illinoislady
    Options

Because Ronny Johnson/Jackson lied about the whole physical, so why should he suddenly tell the truth about the cognitive test. The Loon flunked it like he flunked the physical. Just another smelly load.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

A few good 'questions'.