Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Congratulations. Perfect.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Scary…

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609

May Wilie Mays RIP.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

The SF Bay Area is in mourning today. While I was very impressed by Mays’ athletic ability, I understand that he was a wonderful person as well. He retired from the NY Mets and although I’m a Bronx gal, and hence a Yankees fan, between that and 35+ years in the Bay Area, I was definitely a fan. Rest well, Mr. Mays.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited June 20

Life in general keeps me busy lately, not in a bad way but the term I use with dh and ds is “TCB”—I have been “taking care of business”: Dr. appts., lining up home remodeling jobs, helping a family member, etc. I firmly believe in the expression “A stitch in time saves nine” as I take it to mean taking care of things sooner rather than later can save yourself a lot of headaches. It’s a general approach I keep in mind. Once I tcb, I can relax a bit.

Still, I keep my radar out when it comes to politics. Yesterday in the car around 11 am, a pro-Democrat ad came on the radio. It was very blunt about how Donald Trump bragged about reversing Roe v Wade and how women will lose more rights should he be elected into office. This was a “Classic Hits” station and I have never heard an ad like this on a music station in my area. So I guess I was impressed with its forthright message and its random timing.

Then last night, I watched David Muir on ABC Nightly News. He always gives a quick run down at the beginning of the broadcast about the stories they will be covering. It was the first time in like forever that Trump’s name was not mentioned. I watched the half hour of news, and Trump never came up once, not one single story. This is a trend that I want to see continued!! The friggin media keeps stoking the Trump flames by continuous coverage on him and they just need to friggin stop!

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

I so agree with you Divine. If we must be 'treated' to it, we'd all be a little more accepting if it were true. Sooo that makes me wonder if there was no way to spin what the Loon was saying or doing of late and no one at that station you talk about could find a way to use it. Whatever the reason, it was nice.

We have had to 'live' the Loon for years and that was bad enough, but the 'news' giving him free airtime for years, laced heavily with lies, misrepresentations and all over fear mongering so we'd all keep tuned in is totally disgusting. The darn news never let go. Every time I thought the Loon would disappear fairly substantially; he ended up with the same amt. of space. The news has been keeping him alive, but that is going to have to change as more comes out about the puddle of brains in Trump's head. Apparently, the Loon insists on going out in public and every time he does, he makes more wild missteps. Too many to keep finding excuses for. It's definitely time and hats off to ABC for not making something up. Saying nothing is fa better than the highly transparent lies.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited June 20

I'm still wondering if he is going to show for the debate and what the handlers plan is for it.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

First thing came to my mind was about seeing two VERY ugly creatures.

• illinoislady

Well let's talk about bailouts.

• illinoislady

Some shoes fit so well.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Trump can't compare to ANY educated individual — even your grade schooler.

• illinoislady

A puppet, but a senile one who is just as dangerous.

• illinoislady

For Divine today, but we all deeply feel this way. Let it be in the history books only.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady