Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263

I'm still sort of working on getting use to using the term weird towards the other side. At the same time, I can see that it has an appropriateness. Trump has given the Reps. the ability to discard reason and sanity and ignore so many of the things both sides have treasured (not always equally, of course) and we on the left have major upsets with this.

So, I understand if the word weird puts negative attentions on the right because Trump has made it okay for the right to ignore long standing norms, even go against them totally. When negative attention is on them it usually means far more positive attention for us. So, I'll adjust to weird just fine.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

The above is never okay and I do hope something is put in place to make sure the "norm" returns and STAYS this time —whatever law needs to be changed.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 92

I think I'll run to the store and buy some Arizona Ice Tea. What a great CEO.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

So, does Kamala Harris have a cat?

Despite J.D. Vance's offensive remarks, it seems Kamala Harris does not have a cat — or any pets, for that matter. But don't let that fool you: Kamala is a passionate advocate for animal welfare! Over the years, she has helped pass a range of pro-animal legislation.

Kamala has worked to crack down on puppy mills, ensuring dogs in commercial breeding facilities get better treatment. She's also fought to prevent animal cruelty and strengthen penalties for those who abuse animals.

On top of that, Kamala has backed laws to protect wildlife and their habitats, including cracking down on illegal wildlife trafficking. And she's even supported efforts to improve conditions for farm animals and push for more humane agricultural practices.

Plus, on Aug. 26, 2019, Kamala took to X (formerly known as Twitter) and shared four cute photos of dogs in her Senate office.

"Dogs are always welcome in my Senate office, and our team is better for it," she wrote. "A very happy International Dog Day to these four-legged friends who have made my office a whole lot brighter the past couple of years in the Senate."

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 92

You know, I've been thinking a lot about "Black"jobs. I've had a number of "Black" jobs over the years, and have actually quite enjoyed them.

In my twenties I was the Budget Director for a small chain of hospitals. Obviously a "Black" job. Then I went into advertising and became an Account Executive. Yep, you guessed it: another "Black" job. Finally, I managed to break in as a television writer. Since a great number of Emmys have gone to writers like Shonda Rhimes, I have to conclude that's also a "Black" job.

All in all I think I enjoyed my "Black " jobs far more than my "White" jobs of warehouse worker (as a teenager) and waitress (in college) But that's just me.

• illinoislady

Ruth, I loved the piece about does she or doesn't she HAVE a cat. I actually wondered a time or two but didn't follow up. Mainly I guess because you often (as in this case for me) can pretty well tell how someone would behave with a pet. Kamala enjoys life and I think tries to get and have all parts of it to be as positive as she can. She respects life.

Sure can't say any of that is true for the other side.

• illinoislady
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • illinoislady

Since the human body tends to move in the direction of its expectations--plus or minus--it is important to know that attitudes of confidence and determination are no less a part of the treatment program than medical science and technology.      -Norman Cousins

• illinoislady

Certainly, seems quite possible now. and my hope is through the roof and well beyond.