Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263

Another one of those creepy and weird ones.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Talk about how to throw monkey wrenches. New book "The Art of Screwing Yourself".

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Reading a lot of things and as usual with the media, not sure who to believe. Did read both that Harris had full house in Atlanta and Trump not knowing what to do copied her and went to the same Atlanta arena. The only thing is that he got disappointed. He could not fill the arena.

I actually believe that it more likely that Trump didn't fill the arena. I think people (and many are I think those considered his people) are flat out fatigued by the years of lies that ARE provable lies. The constant repetition of the same old tired diatribes, and having to watch loss, after loss, after loss. The media doesn't really act like his people notice and it is true I think that the real hard core doesn't care — but like us, I do think some are a bit more tuned into reality. I don't say they like it, and I think many will go onto voting Reps. just because they are.

It must be confusing to some that there is such enthusiasm (been through the roof) and that it hasn't really stopped building. Then there will be the VP pick (I think Kamala will choose wisely and well) and then the convention — all adding to the momentum I believe. It sounds from what I've read that Trump is feeling plenty of desperation and saying really strange things as in the Elon Musk meme. He is naturally dissing Kamala any time he speaks about her and telling lies and then knowing he has a loser VP dragging everything down even more. Only a person with few brain cells left (and some of those non-operational) could just keep on slugging through all of that.

Odd things happen so we have to keep pushing forward hard, but I have so much more hope now. I was truly afraid when I kept hearing Pres. Biden was being urged to step down. I now wonder at how long this was going to be a REAL occurrence. It just all meshed and looked so effortless. I have looked back and thought how silly I was to have doubt. I hope with all my heart that after the election I can say the same thing.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574
    edited August 4

As much as I like the memes, and I contribute my favorite ones, too, I really like the personal thoughts and commentaty that those on this thread share. It’s insightful, especially since we live in different parts of the country and are picking up on different vibes where we live and filling each other in. I am missing spookiesmom because she was always in tuned with not just Florida where she lived but to the national political scene. I wish she could have experienced the transition from Biden to Harris for the Democratic presidential nominee. (((Thinking of you, spookiesmom))).

Aside from the hostage release being momentous in itself, it benefits Biden and the Dems because we aren’t hearing the “Biden is not fit to run the country for the next six months” crap. Biden gave the media a dressing down by speaking of the diplomacy and amount of time required to put this all together. The media only wants to hype up a lot of shit. I am sick and tired of them asking for TFG’s opinion on anything Biden does and reporting on it. WE DON’T CARE wtf his opinion is.

Jackie, you mentioned you’re not quite on board with the use of the word “weird” to describe the TFG, Vance and other Republicans, and I feel the same way. Apparently “weird” started being used because somehow it resonates with younger voters. If that works, I’m all for it.

Earlier this year, I would see anti-Biden ads on tv about how he was going to take away gas powered cars in favor of electric ones, but I guess the Republicans are gonna kiss Musk’s ass and now they think electric good! They flip flop more wildly than a fish out of water. Pitiful.

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm

Today, another group, “Republicans for Harris” is making news.
    I don’t see Liz Cheney listed; I will be curious if she weighs in somewhere, sometime regarding Harris and if she endorses her or what. But hoping this group changes more Republican votes to Democrat.

• illinoislady

Divine, thanks for saying what you like. I too depend on other viewpoints. In a town of 12,000 with a lot of Reps. it is most appreciated when I hear what others 'notice'/think and share. People here (likely a good thing) do not readily tell you what political persuasion they are, nor do they normally start political conversations. Well, they likely do with other KNOWN Reps. just as we would talk to the few who are Democrats, but in that sense, we do not get must overall discussion other than that that happens with people we already agree with. Even though we all agree here, I do get few ideas from others and often find my focus for that reason can be a lot narrower.

Anyone listening to me for long will get that I am pretty highly opinionated. I have something of a progressive leaning which I think is positive for me. So, you are not alone in enjoying discussions on many of the events taking place in politics.

I'm so hopeful now, but before Pres. Biden stepped aside I had major reluctance going to say anything because I felt like it did seem that he had lost ground, and I had high hopes that would turn around and felt like I needed to keep myself buoyed up by not being negative in any way. Difficult to say the least.

Neil Gorsuch got his nerve struck by the way about the new items Pres. Biden would like to see for the Supreme Court. His two-word reprimand was BE CAREFUL. Well we have been careful, compliant and quiet watching while you people (you 6 know who you are) take a wrecking ball to the SC. How much worse could it be if we CAREFULLY fix what ails the court right now. I'm not a politician so if I suddenly found myself face to face with any of those six I'm sure I would make a total mess of it. Just a little livid when I heard Gorsuch. I do think nerves are being struck if they are already 'mentioning' anything.

• divinemrsm
    edited August 5

My local National Organization for Women posted this page on their FB page, so I believe it has merit. I have tried to make it so the link could be clicked on here but it will not take for some reason. You can copy and paste the url to your web browser. I think it is worth the effort to look at.

Only 25 states are listed, but once you’re on the page, it’s very simple to click on the link for each state and get the info.

Fact Sheets: The Harmful Effects of Project 2025, by State

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/fact-sheets-the-harmful-effects-of-project-2025-by-state/

___

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm

I’m so glad that Kamala isn’t going to play TFG’s game. It’s ridiculous for him to even suggest a debate on his terms, stacking all the cards in his favor. I guess he had to make a counter-offer to try to save face, and now in his speeches, he can say Kamala won’t debate him.

• divinemrsm
    edited August 5

Tho I like the play on words with “Karma-la”

• divinemrsm
  • miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164

After embarrassing himself so thoroughly at the NABJ interview, he is (or his handlers are) reluctant to risk anything but softball questions.

• divinemrsm
    Hospitality workers’ union endorses Harris, dismissing Trump’s pledge of tax-free tips

WASHINGTON (AP) — The hospitality workers’ union UNITE HERE has endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president, a rejoinder to Republican Donald Trump’s effort to woo restaurant and hotel workers by promising to make their tips tax-free.

Gwen Mills, the union’s president, said Trump was merely “making a play” for votes while Harris has credibility from having supported unions. She discussed the move with The Associated Press before the union’s announcement of an endorsement.

The endorsement includes a commitment by the union to have its members knock on more than 3.3 million doors for Harris in swing states that include Pennsylvania, Michigan, Nevada, Arizona and North Carolina. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,505

For some reason known only to itself, my phone won't let me log in to BCO; so here I am on my computer. Some Republicans are I know are trying to justify their vote for Trump with the argument that you don't have to like the candidate, just their policies & they think that a Republican president makes for a better economy (which is apparently the ONLY thing they care about). This is dumbfounding to me as these same people wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton because of her husband's consensual sexual indiscretions. So, all of the sudden, character doesn't count at all!!!! ????? The height of hypocrisy.

• illinoislady

Be patient with everyone, but above all with yourself. I mean, do not be disturbed because of your imperfections, and always rise up bravely from a fall. I am glad that you make a daily new beginning; there is no better means of progress in the spiritual life than to be continually beginning afresh, and never to think that we have done enough.     -St. Francis de Sales

• illinoislady

I loved the memes, especially Karmalla as Karma. That was fantastic. I do hope that is exactly how it all works out too.

I read an article this morning from the Atlantic monthly about Susie (Summerall) Wiles. She is a political consultant, and it would seem has worked for a number of the more famous Reps. Marco Rubio, and Ron DeSantis are two of them, and the third I mention is TFG. Why she would take on TFG I'm not sure other than it would be a real win if she could find the key to a win for him. I don't think she can. There was some background on her and in her view you really should know who your friends in higher places are when you are trying to run a campaign. In other words, who to USE when you need things to happen.

It seems to have worked okay for her on many occasions, but Rubio didn't do that well and as we all know, Mitt Romney lost to our wonderful former Pres. Barrack Obama. While she gets high marks from most of the Reps., even apparently those who have done some losing, she doesn't have a perfect record by any stretch. While I think it sounds like TFG was paying a lot of attention to her earlier I'm not so sure how things are now in that department. She is his national campaign manager, but it would seem to me she is better when things are on a smaller (meaning state) level.

• illinoislady

It seems to me in order for TFG to get some news cycles directed towards himself he is saying some pretty outlandish things and making 'promises' along the way. For him, I think any 'notice' is good where he is concerned. I don't see it that way at all and apparently per Divine's entry the Hospitality Workers don't either. I don't see 'grabbing' at any straw passing by is going to do much good other than in a very short run. I do think the Reps. (if their brain cells work) will be totally upset with the behavior. He isn't doing them any favor at all.

• illinoislady

Creepy smile. Melania is just like the man she married — creepy. She seems to not find much to smile at in life either.

• illinoislady

They should witness again all the refrigerated trucks as well.

• illinoislady

Wondering if the blonde lady is Susie Wiles.

• illinoislady

Ouch.