Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258

A smile costs nothing but gives much.  It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give.  It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.  None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it.  Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away.  Some people are too tired to give you a smile.  Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.

unattributed

• illinoislady

Loved what I saw of the convention. I loved Jasmine Crockett who said:

We have someone running in Kamala Harris who has a resume, and on the other side trump with a rap sheet. All the speakers were great at contrasting the two candidates. This will go on thru the whole convention. Also loved when Shaun Fain took off his jacket to reveal his t-shirt emblazoned with "Trump is a scab" on it. Loon did not come off well at all and I'm not sure he's saying much at all.

It does seem that when you go into something with joy, determined to paint your picture with positives it is just hard to refute. Beautiful, positive, strong messages building something so desirable and so true to what life should be. Contrasted with doom, gloom, decay, war, etc. Seems to me only maga people could go for that picture because they were taught early on not to bother with reality.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

All immigrants with signs — go first.

• illinoislady

Last might should have come mighty close if not getting it done.

• illinoislady
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

Jackie, Jasmine Crockett had such fabulous presence on the podium! I loved her speech. I also loved Shaun Fain revealing his “Trump is a scab” tshirt. Dh was a union member for 43 years; he loved Fain’s tshirt, too.

Several speakers last night brought up how TFG bragged about taking away abortion rights. Kentucky Governor Andy Beshesr said: “Trump and Republicans brag about tearing away constitutional rights from women. Their policies give rapists more rights than their victims.” American women, are you listening?

• illinoislady

Ruth great memes. The first one just was that ugly orange thing through and through.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady