Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Letrozole overdose?

purplecat
purplecat Member Posts: 224

I already called poison control about this and am for the most part reassured, but wondered if anyone else had ever taken too much letrozole? I took my pill last night as usual, then accidentally took another one this morning instead of my morning vitamins. Just wasn't thinking. Poison control says I should be OK because the doses were 9 hours apart, and from quick googling it looks like this is sometimes prescribed in higher doses anyway, but I'm a little freaked out and wondering if anyone else has had experience with this? I feel a little shaky, but I usually take it before falling asleep so really don't know how it usually makes me feel.

Comments

• ingerp
    ingerp Member Posts: 1,514
    edited June 2020

I'm sure every couple of months I forget I've taken my anastrozole, and then take another one, and that would only be an hour or two apart. NBD.

• purplecat
    purplecat Member Posts: 224
    edited June 2020

Thanks - that makes me feel better. I also discovered that Letrozole is sometimes prescribed in higher doses for fertility, as high as triple what I'm taking, so that's reassuring too.

• ABN
    ABN Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021
    1. hi just read your post from June 2020. I also took my letrozole pill this morning after taking one last night. It’s about 12 hours difference and I talked to poison control and they said to call my dr. Left a message but no response. Not experiencing any bad symptoms. Going to talk to a pharmacist. But saw your post. Should I take my pill tonight? Just heard from my pharmacist. I also take a low dose of letrozole (femera). He said nothing to worry about. Just don’t take a pill tonight. Wait until tomorrow night and take the pill then. So glad to see I’m not the only person who has done this. Happy to have found this site
  • moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,811
    edited January 2021

Hi ABN! We're so glad you've joined our community and found helpful information already. And thank goodness your pharmacist got back to you so quickly for your peace of mind!

The Mods

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 769
    edited January 2021

Drink lots of water to flush it. That's what I do anytime I take letrozole on daily basis, a glass of water before and another glass of water with letrozole.