Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

De Novo Stage IV

Options
1777879808183»

Comments

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,700
    Options

@tougholdcrow Thank you. 💕

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Dear tougholdcrow, I am sorry you are in this "situation". These cancers are therefore so scary - a small low grade one can have several cells that are completely different and haven't been in biopsy samples. The spreading to LNs tell that it is aggressive indeed:/ But in many cases aggressive cancers react well to treatments, so hopefully yours will too. The combo that you are getting is a very very effective one, and the people who are here, are full of wisdom and ready to help. Hugs, Saulius

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 20
    Options

Thanks so much, @bsandra . I'm changing oncologists, but my original one has insisted that the lung nodule is not cancer. The new oncologist says we're watching it. Of course I get very worried about it, since my prognosis is worse if it is cancer. But as you say, I'm on good drugs. My lymph node biopsy shows an increase from HER2- 0 in the original tumor to HER2 1+ and a decrease in PR, so yes, as you say, the thing might be a mutant like the Swamp Creature. When I walk through the woods, I see trees that are partially eaten by termites or have bulbous parts from some other insects, and I think yes that is nature. This tree is not ready to fall yet!

• jobbibo
    jobbibo Member Posts: 74
    Options

Been a while since I checked in, catching up on everything!

@denny123 So glad to hear it’s not an allergic reaction to Herceptin! I hope the slower infusion helps, can’t go wrong with some hot chocolate! I also haven’t heard of post-prandial hypotension before, I’m sorry you’ve been dealing with that. I’m glad that you’ve been able to keep it in line with smaller meals but that sounds hard to have to manage. 

@snow-drop I hope your next scan shows nothing serious for the new spot shown, I’ll be thinking of you. I’m so sorry to hear about the problems from Xgeva, I hope you’re not in too much pain from that. It’s so frustrating the side effects some of these drugs cause. I’d be frustrated that they’re not wanting breast surgery too! Are you able to get a second opinion where you’re at? I wish they would at least consider some surgery option for you. If you get the radiation I hope it works wonders for you!

@illimae Looks like a great day you had, I hope you enjoyed those margaritas! Hope you’re doing well! 

@kbl So happy to hear you got to spend time with your grandson for a few of days. Also glad to hear Orserdu is still doing its job yay!! 

@harrow Always thinking of you, hope things are going well! 

@tougholdcrow I’m so sorry you’re here but so glad you found us. I can’t imagine how disheartening it was to be treated for locally advanced cancer to then confirming stage 4. I think any oncologist who says they won’t give a prognosis because of how long we’re living now with all the advancements is exactly who you want on your side throughout this! The first time I spoke with mine she also didn’t give me one. She said “I have a patient like you that is 15 years into this diagnosis and I have no reason to believe that won’t be you too” and I cling on to that a lot when I start having darker thoughts. Finding out you’re HER2 1+ opens the door for other drugs so that’s good! Enhertu is the one I know for sure people with low HER2 can now take. Sounds like you’re on a very good and effective treatment plan now, sending all my love! 

• jobbibo
    Options

When I had my follow up transvaginal and pelvic ultrasound done they found a third suspicious spot and scheduled me for an MRI, which I had yesterday. I just got the call this morning that none of it is suspicious for cancer, a huge sigh of relief over here today. I can now fully enjoy my vacation next week! I’ll be chilling in the mountains for a while, it’s much needed.

Because of the spots popping up in my ovaries / uterus that they think are hormone driven and continued bleeding I talked with my gyno and I’m going to get a radical hysterectomy. Having a consult in a couple weeks for that, and May 20th I’m having a consult for a lumpectomy. I haven’t had any surgeries since diagnosis and now having consults for 2 is somewhat overwhelming but I’m also glad to be able to have surgery since I’m stable.

• tougholdcrow
    Options

@jobbibo I'll breathe a sigh of relief for you, and I hope all of these complicated surgery decisions turn out really well.

• kbl
    edited April 20
    Options

@jobbibo Thank you. It is great fun when I have my grandson.

I’m so glad the you got good news. I had a partial hysterectomy in 2012. If I had known I was going to have cancer, I would have had my ovaries taken as well. Please keep us updated as you go through the surgeries. And have a wonderful mountain trip.

• harrow
    harrow Member Posts: 62
    Options

@jobbibo I’m so glad to hear the results are not cancer. What a relief!! The good news needs to keep rolling. Please let us know how your consults for surgery go. I hope they work out exactly as you wish. I was super hesitant about my mastectomy, but I am happy I did it. Interestingly enough, having only one breast doesn’t bother me as much as I imagined it would. Enjoy your vacation in the mountains! You deserve it.

Thinking of you all.

• denny123
    denny123 Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@jobbibo That's great news! Enjoy your vacation and I hope that everything goes well from now on.

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 520
    Options

Dear all, thank you so much for the kind support and encouraging words, mean a lot to me.

finally it was decided that radiation treatment is the only option for me, all 3 physicians agreed on it, perhaps surgery option wasn't in their textbook. I felt like they were playing good cop bad cop. the young BS let me down when she said that the metastasis will kill you not the breast tumor, I didn't need someone remind me of that. her knowledge came from the results of a single trial comparing surgery Vs. targeted therapy, similar outcome. honestly fighting with them only added a lot of stress. the tumor was growing and I needed something to be done quickly. not to mention it took 3 weeks for my forgetful MO to place referrals to consult with the BS and RO.

I am now in the middle of treatment hoping for the best results. radiation makes me tired, please forgive me if I cannot respond individually to your sweet messages, thinking of you all. xxxx

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

Thinking of all you wonderful people! Hugs from all of us Mods!

• tougholdcrow
    Options

@snow-drop I hope the procedure has a very good outcome at the end of this struggle with the docs.

• jobbibo
    Options

@snow-drop I’m so sorry for all the additional stress this has been causing you. 3 weeks to place the referral, that’s so frustrating. Sending you wishes for plenty of rest and that the treatment works well!

• denny123
    denny123 Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@snow-drop prayers for a successful treatment. We are here for you!

• kbl
    edited May 1
    Options

@snow-drop I’m thinking of you as you get your radiation. I’m sorry it makes you so tired.

• harrow
    harrow Member Posts: 62
    Options

@snow-drop I’m sorry you weren’t able to find a doctor who was willing to take a chance on surgery for you. Sending positive thoughts that the radiation will do its job! I hope your jaw is doing better after coming off Xgeva.

Thinking of you and everyone else!