Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lots of lumps and an indentation

Options
2»

Comments

• Taralynn
    Taralynn Member Posts: 45
    Options

thank you ctmb! I am having an US guided biopsy so glad to hear yours was pretty easy. I have no clue how many spots they’re taking samples from. It just comes down to the fact that I wish the radiologist explained some things to me. Even when I asked, he didn’t give me details. That’s the part driving me crazy for 10 days now

• Lucybee
    Lucybee Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi taralyn. I'm new here. So when you wrote this you weren't diagnosed yet? I saw the details on the bottom of your post. Thanks. Hope you are doing ok.

• Taralynn
    Options

hi Lucy! Yes this was posted prior to my diagnosis, I am doing well now waiting for my next steps. :)

• Lucybee
    Lucybee Member Posts: 2
    Options

Were you scared to death with your diagnosis? I'm fearing the worst. The inflammatory type. Have you got more treatments and surgeries to do?

• Taralynn
    Options

oh for sure yes, the waiting is always the hardest. I read your post and definitely does not seem inflammatory. Plus IBC is really pretty rare. A ropy texture seems more fibrocystic related, but it’s great you were proactive to get it checked out!! Your mind will be at ease in no time.

As for me, I had my surgery a couple months ago and just had some complications with my expander getting infected so had an impromptu little surgery last week to switch it with a new one. Hopefully the only surgery left is to exchange for implants down the line. Treatments are still unknown, I’m waiting for some more test results this week!

Hang in there! Keep us posted :)